Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

totally, after all the bean can implant on one side or the other, not necessarily bang in the middle. Also remember the corpus luteum (ruptured follicle from which the egg was released) still exists, so that could be twinging too. The corpus luteum provides the hormones to sustain the pregnancy (progesterone etc) and only dies off when the placenta takes over.
    I bet it's the after effects of implantation you're feeling. oh so exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thank you so so much detective, that's so so reassuring!! Your so knowledgable and so kind for sharing your advice!! It's mad, I actually wrote on here about a week ago that I'd had a small bleed.... I thought it was from the jiggy, must have been implantation?
    I'm gonna try stay positive and aloof.... Haha not likely!
    Hope ye don't mind, but like the others, I couldn't bare the thought of moving on from this thread for a month or two... I'd miss ye too much and have no huge confidence that pregnancy results in a baby yet... Maybe in a few weeks I can consider it! Xxx

that definitely sounds like implantation. I never had the bleeding but I think it's a really good sign; the bean is burrowing deep. The most important task the bean has at this point is to attach to the uterine lining so it can get nourishment and support. Seems to be the first test has been passed with flying colours. Hence why you're so tired, your baba is already sucking the life outta ya! ;)

Haha! It can suck away to it's hearts content!! The worse I feel the more confident I'll be!! Hehe!
    Ok exhaustion overload, thank u so so much, nite , x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thank you so so much detective, that's so so reassuring!! Your so knowledgable and so kind for sharing your advice!! It's mad, I actually wrote on here about a week ago that I'd had a small bleed.... I thought it was from the jiggy, must have been implantation?
    I'm gonna try stay positive and aloof.... Haha not likely!
    Hope ye don't mind, but like the others, I couldn't bare the thought of moving on from this thread for a month or two... I'd miss ye too much and have no huge confidence that pregnancy results in a baby yet... Maybe in a few weeks I can consider it! Xxx

WOW WOW WOW! I Love it when one of us gets our long awaited positive :D:D:D:D:D:D. Congrats missus - you've been a long time waiting.

Its natural from your previous experience that you are apprehensive, but let it sink in a bit and you will be grand. And hang around all you like here - im convinced you preggers ones are good karma for the rest of us. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

dublinlady wrote: »
    Haha! It can suck away to it's hearts content!! The worse I feel the more confident I'll be!! Hehe!
    Ok exhaustion overload, thank u so so much, nite , x

I'm so delighted for you :-) Huge congrats.

Tigeress like you I had a tiny amount of brown spotting yesterday and am so worried. It's always good to hear that it's nothing to worry about but I can't wait for my scan on Friday. We both love this little bean so much already.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Dublinlady, I knew, just knew you were pregnant when you said you had a small bleed after nookie:D I love being right lol:D:D

Barbiegirl and Tigeress, don't ever be afraid to go to hospital if you're in any way concerned. I can't praise my local EPU and gynae ward enough. Even just to pick up the phone and chat to a midwife is so reassuring. And remember, they're dealing with women who have suffered recurrent miscarriages and serious fertility issues every single day, so don't be worried about appearing paranoid;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Oh Dublinlady I'm so happy for you, what a great suprise to see that second line. Love hearing these stories, gives me so much hope :D

5th positive ovulation test today, I'm sick of this and am sick of sex. throwing the towel in for this cycle, OH is struggling and it's affecting his confidence, fup that, would rather write it off and look forward to next month.
    WE tried this morn but it didn't happen, will try again tonight but then that's it. Over a week of sex is not what it's cracked up to be, particularly with ttc pressure on both our heads....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Detective - I think you have done plenty, so dont be worrying about it. Gawd, 5th opk in a row, I can barey catch mine at times, so brief is the window of LH surge. Do you think its the extra clomid you took? Are you getting scans as well?

I am feeling faint period-y twinges, will probably get it during the night or tomorrow. Did a pregnancy test anyway this morning (just to f**k with my head y'know yourself) and it was a negative. Surprise Surprise, considering its cycle 25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Neyite wrote: »
    . Surprise Surprise, considering its cycle 25.

25? Oh my god, you must be rightly peeved with it all at this stage.

yeh I reckon it's the clomid. My other signs indicate I ovulated yesterday (very strong pain and watery CM, I never get the EWCM)....
    Sometimes you have to take the testing kits with a pinch of salt. The puzzling thing though is my temps are not rising and they should deffo be on the rise once ovulation occurs. So I'm in a quandry; two body signs telling me I did, two diagnostic signs telling me it has yet to happen :rolleyes:

Sorry about the negative test but you're still early so by no means out yet ;)

newbie! wrote: »
    25? Oh my god, you must be rightly peeved with it all at this stage.

Yeah, peeved is a polite way of putting it! We tried without any cycle tracking for about 6 months, then I started to log my cycles using ovulation predictor pee-sticks, I tried charting but I found it very fiddly to do. 6 months after that I went to get bloods done, so we were exactly 12 months trying at that stage. The bloods showed slight elevation of prolactin level, and it felt great to have a possible reason. We got referred to the fertilty clinic and after usual tests (HSG, Transvaginal, Bloods, Semen Analysis, Sperm Hostility,) all grand, I was referred for an MRI. That showed the pituatury adenoma which is causing the prolactin issue, so am on bromocriptine since November. We thought that was the reason I havent gotten pregnant, but prolactin has been normal since then, so now Im in the unexplained infertility category, and about to try Clomid for 3 months. If that does not work, its onto the 'next step' whatever that may entail.

Its been exactly a year of investigating, and I really hope that Clomid does its magic for me. I used to get all hopeful symptom spotting, and bawl my eyes out when I got my period, now its like I dont even think of it as a possibility anymore - probably to spare myself an emotional rollercoaster every month. But I believe I will get there eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

OMG!!!!!! Congrats DL!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you :D:D:D it's just amazing news xxx try not to worry hun, honestly if there is one thing I've learned this pregnancy is I'm wayyy to much of a worry wart, your little stocky bean needs you to stay positive & believe that this is it! This is your baba and everything will be ok :) I'm delighted for you! We lost our baba's around the same time and now we're both preg it's meant to be :) I just know it!

Barbiegirl, I know excactly how you feel hun! Your scan will be here before ya know it xx the Doc I went too after the spotting was soo nice and he gave me info that helped me and inhope it puts your mind at ease too.. He told me unless it's bright red and you have to change a pad everyhour or bright red and Alot of pain then it's more than not nothing! Postivity is the key for a healthy happy pregnancy and trust me I know how hard it is! Especially getting to the 12 weeks but it really is true.. So unless it's bright red spotting don't worry :) I hope you're ok!

Neyite I'm Sooo excited for you to start Clonmid :) I really hope this works for you! I hear so many great stories from Clonmid users :) it seems to have a good success rate & you and DFT will be joining us soon :) that's if DFT unhates sex soon hehe :p I hope you & hubby are ok DFT you really made a massive effort this month & should be super proud!

As for me :) I'm officially 12 weeks and in my second trimester :) and as it's my Bday tomorrow I'm taking it easy and letting my OH spoil me hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Dublin lady, that is just fantastic news! After being so down you finally got your BFP!!! So exciting- enjoy it all!

As for me if AF hasn't come tomo (5weeks since last one) I'm
    To do a test, and if a BFN then have to take provera for a week to bring on AF then onto clomid for 5 days- the higher dose - 100mg as 50 didn't work for me. Just keep praying but so disheartening all the time!

Happy birthday Tigeress! Entering the second tri - what a great present to give yourself, well done!;)

Nicky don't give up on this cycle yet - you could be pg!! fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DL great news.

Barbie, try not to worry. I am sure it will be fine. Keep positive.

Ladies, would you mind if I hang around for the next few weeks. My ranting and all the support of all you ladies really helped. As everyone here is having trouple having a baby I just don't feel so alone. I know I a no longer TTC but feel a common bond.

Today was the first time in so long that I felt half normal. My husband had to go someplace today and left before 9am. I went back to sleep until 12.30. Had not being sleeping well since the miss. only getting 4 or 5 hours at most. Got up had a shower and a ready meal for lunch. Spent the day reading, messing on the laptop and just relaxing on the sofa. Husband got home about 6pm and we went for a chinese and he is ow doing the ironing and making sure I stay relaxed on the sofa with a cuppa and a bar of dairy milk!!

I think needed to say how I was feeling the other night and not just to my husband and the time alone today, just helped. Didnt awnser the phone, just tried to relax as best I could.

Dreading the due date more this time than anyone before.

I am going to try and make the next few months as positive as I can. Join the gym, get a handle on my weight, do lots of reading, maybe take some dance classes, raise money for charity and try and make some happy memories out of this time.

My husband is fantastic and so supportive but its so hard on him as well. I know how blessed we are to have a good marrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Carolinespring, this is only my second month ttc so I can't even imagine the hard times you've been through but I've a feeling from your posts that you are a stronger person than you give yourself credit for.
    Look after your husband and let him look after you, if I never manage to have a child of my own I will always be eternally grateful for finding the love of my life to spend the rest of my life with and it sounds like you've got a good man to spend yours with.
    Best wishes to both of you x

DL great news.

Barbie, try not to worry. I am sure it will be fine. Keep positive.

Ladies, would you mind if I hang around for the next few weeks. My ranting and all the support of all you ladies really helped. As everyone here is having trouple having a baby I just don't feel so alone. I know I a no longer TTC but feel a common bond.

Today was the first time in so long that I felt half normal. My husband had to go someplace today and left before 9am. I went back to sleep until 12.30. Had not being sleeping well since the miss. only getting 4 or 5 hours at most. Got up had a shower and a ready meal for lunch. Spent the day reading, messing on the laptop and just relaxing on the sofa. Husband got home about 6pm and we went for a chinese and he is ow doing the ironing and making sure I stay relaxed on the sofa with a cuppa and a bar of dairy milk!!

I think needed to say how I was feeling the other night and not just to my husband and the time alone today, just helped. Didnt awnser the phone, just tried to relax as best I could.

Dreading the due date more this time than anyone before.

I am going to try and make the next few months as positive as I can. Join the gym, get a handle on my weight, do lots of reading, maybe take some dance classes, raise money for charity and try and make some happy memories out of this time.

My husband is fantastic and so supportive but its so hard on him as well. I know how blessed we are to have a good marrage.

We are here for you - you are gonna have ups and downs and if this thread can let you vent/cry /chill while you are still healing then its the best place for you. Thats why I love this thread - on my best and worst days I get understanding and empathy.

Its great that you have a fantastic support at home, and I do hope that you both heal from all the pain you have suffered. Can you plan something for your due date - a day of rememberence maybe, or would it be better to have a distraction from that? I'm sorry, Im not sure what would be appropriate to suggest so I hope it does not sound crass or anything.

• Advertisement

Of course you can hang here Caroline:)

This site, these ladies, total strangers, have been SO MUCH support to me in the last few months. They ALWAYS know what to say and NEVER say the wrong thing.

I have been pregnant twice since February and lost both times. Once to miscarriage and once to ectopic and do you know, not once have these ladies said;

''Well at least you know you can get pregnant''.

Not once have those dreaded words been uttered to me here:)

They are the most understanding group I've ever come across and you are more than welcome to pull up a pew and say exactly how you are feeling:)

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I sometimes feel guilty that I can fall so easy but just can't hold onto the baba. The doctors can come up with no reason which makes it harder. If we had a reason we could work with that.

Yeah, we will find a way of getting past this. maybe adoption is the way but we will have to see or maybe i am one of those people who get the love of amazing man and a great marrage and not the child and if that is the case so be it. We can be happy just being together.

Again, thanks for all the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Belated Happy Birthday Tigeress! and congrats also on reaching the second trimester :)

Nicky, fingers crossed you might just get that bfp :)

Caroline, please do stay with us. As the other ladies have said, this is a great place to vent/moan/get things of your chest.
    But most importantly for me, its somewhere I can chat about my ttc journey without getting the 'ah sure just relax and it'll happen by itself' (:rolleyes::mad::mad:) stupid comments or nearly worse, the awkward silence some people give you when you talk to them about it.
    I really admire your attitude in coping, you're not wallowing (which you would absolutely be entitled to under the circumstances), you're dusting yourself off and making plans for the future.
    I really hope you get your baby, be it through conception or adoption/fostering. I have no doubt that you will make a fantastic mum. I just hope you get the chance soon.

Dublinlady, I'd say you're still on cloud 9, hope the tiredness isn't too bad! I could have slept for 2 weeks straight when I was pregnant with my little girl. Its incredible how it saps you of all your energy!

Well I'm off to the doctors this morning for blood tests. We'll see what they say. The dried blood continues but it is very little and always old. There has been some cramping too but funny enough this morning it feels grand. My boobs are still sore and I am nauseous and tired. Oh I don't know. I half expect to be sent to the EPU and then we'll know a lot more.
    It's been a very worrying weekend. Today is my 36th birthday lets hope I get the best present of all, that our baby is ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Detectiv - i dont think im pg - had a day 21 blood test down which showed that i didnt ovulate :-( level was only 2!

Trigress - happy birthday - what more could you want this year?? you have the best present ever!

(also ladies how do you do the thanks from on other peoples replies??)

Happy happy Birthday Tigeress:D:D:D

Nicky, I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can thank a post:)

Happy birthday Barbiegirl and Tigeress! I hope your both doing ok, I'll be looking forward to hearing how you get on today barbiegirl, fingers crossed all will be well and it will put your mind at ease. My friend spotted the whole way through her pregnancy and had a very healthy and happy little boy!

Nicky - i hope theres some way you could still get your positive this month, perhaps late ovulation or earlier than you thought? And if not hopefully the provera will do its job and you'll be starting on a fresh cycle soon with loads of possibilities!

Caroline - I cant imagine how your feeling :( Im glad your taking some time out to mind yourself and let your body recover. It sounds like your husband is fantastic and understands how your feeling, its a great comfort to have him. I know myself and my husband were talking this month and after only 15 months of trying with only one miscarraige we had decided that if we couldnt have kids ourselves we would definitely look into adoption, i know your situation had been an awful lot more draining and been going on for an awful lot longer than that so im not sure how you'd feel about it now, but it may be something to consider in the future? I think you have great strenght though and a great head on your shoulders so i know you'll find a way to cope with this, any time at all you need to talk/rant/scream/cry come on here. I have found this thread the most supportive and caring places that I could ever express myself, i dont know what i would have done in this last year without these girls.:)

All is going ok with me really, im not crazy excited or anything yet as im afraid to get too attached just yet... yesterday i nearly freaked out (but couldnt as was sitting at a family gathering) as i started to get some cramping, it was mild enough, not really painful,just uncomfortable, but it really reminded me of the cramps i had last time. Thanks god it only lasted for about half an hour and instead of getting progressively worse (like last time) it has completely gone away. My period would only be due today or tomorrow, so im still quite suspicious that it will come.... mind you i did a second first response today (last one was 2 days ago) and it was significantly darker than 2 days ago. Mind you thats happened before too... Im trying to be positive, and think im managing it fairly well, but im just not ready to celebrate just yet!!
    Capri - you were right about the tiredness, i had family over last night and had to go to bed at nine!!! I told them i thought i was coming down with something and to be honest i think they bought it as they had drank a fair few bottles of wine by that point!!:D

Oh and Nicky - there should be a thumbs up symbol on the right bottom corner or each post - if you click that it should come up with a thanks from you, however maybe like Lucyfur said there might be a delay on getting it or something? not sure really!

Dublinlady I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

The doctor today thinks I shouldn't worry too much as the spotting is very light, but the cramping is a bit more of an issue. So we're into the Early Pregnancy Unit in the Coombe (it's like our 2nd home) on Wednesday morning. Here's hoping our little baba is ok, we are very worried no matter how much anyone tells us not to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Happy Birthday Barbiegirl! Hope all went well at the doc today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement