Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Barbiegirl - I really hope your ok, you really have no choice other than to be positive, as the others and even yourself (regarding the retrospective uterus) have come up with several very viable reasons why the scan may not have been as expected! Ive heard of several people who have had comments saying the baby is too small and then it having a growth spurt! Such a simple thing!
    Try not to make yourself go through the horrible feelings and emotions that may very well not be warranted, its such a draining time already and there is serious possibility that everything will be ok, for your sanity you have to try and cling onto that! This is completely rich from me the panicker i know...but thats what we're here for, to pick each other up when we're down and to say chin up...the worst has not happened and hopefully will not!

Lucyfur - I really hope your ok! Make sure and be taking vitamin c aswell as the iron as it helps the absorption of iron greatly, even if its jst taking your iron with a glass of orange juice or something (which would also help to combat the constipation iron can cause!!)

Weird one for ye - im alot more positive now i think....but the cramping is still coming and going - however ive noticed a bizarre pattern.... ****warning too much info ahead!!!**** so basically i start getting cramps (definitely uterine) and then after a few minutes i need a bowel motion... then the cramping stops! My normal bowel motion habit would have been to only go once every couple of days, now this happens around 3 times a day!! I cant figure out if its the cramps causing the bowel movements or vice verse!! But whats weird is that its exactly like period cramping - not stomach cramping. I hope its normal...read somewhere online it can be a sign of miscarraige....:eek: but also ready that its perfectly normal :confused: Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this / experienced this at all?

I have my doctors appointment in the morning anyway but im sure she'll just say its fine its fine...even if its not, thats what she did when i went in about the severe cramping in my last pregnancy....i suppose because she knew there was nothing i could do to stop it and so didnt want to worry me.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone else feelin ok and staying positive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

dublinlady wrote: »
    Barbiegirl - I really hope your ok, you really have no choice other than to be positive, as the others and even yourself (regarding the retrospective uterus) have come up with several very viable reasons why the scan may not have been as expected! Ive heard of several people who have had comments saying the baby is too small and then it having a growth spurt! Such a simple thing!
    Try not to make yourself go through the horrible feelings and emotions that may very well not be warranted, its such a draining time already and there is serious possibility that everything will be ok, for your sanity you have to try and cling onto that! This is completely rich from me the panicker i know...but thats what we're here for, to pick each other up when we're down and to say chin up...the worst has not happened and hopefully will not!

Lucyfur - I really hope your ok! Make sure and be taking vitamin c aswell as the iron as it helps the absorption of iron greatly, even if its jst taking your iron with a glass of orange juice or something (which would also help to combat the constipation iron can cause!!)

Weird one for ye - im alot more positive now i think....but the cramping is still coming and going - however ive noticed a bizarre pattern.... ****warning too much info ahead!!!**** so basically i start getting cramps (definitely uterine) and then after a few minutes i need a bowel motion... then the cramping stops! My normal bowel motion habit would have been to only go once every couple of days, now this happens around 3 times a day!! I cant figure out if its the cramps causing the bowel movements or vice verse!! But whats weird is that its exactly like period cramping - not stomach cramping. I hope its normal...read somewhere online it can be a sign of miscarraige....:eek: but also ready that its perfectly normal :confused: Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this / experienced this at all?

I have my doctors appointment in the morning anyway but im sure she'll just say its fine its fine...even if its not, thats what she did when i went in about the severe cramping in my last pregnancy....i suppose because she knew there was nothing i could do to stop it and so didnt want to worry me.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone else feelin ok and staying positive:)

I NEVER get constipated when pregnant. ALWAYS goes in the other direction, perfectly normal in my book, and it would explain the cramps:) When I didn't know my cycle so well, I would often confuse PMT with needing the loo:)

Yup, taking the iron with OJ, yuck:( My son suffers with anaemia so we have the balance down to a fine art;)

Oh thank god! not just me then!:D Yeah cos really the cramping is totally dependant on that, nothing really otherwise! I might start taking some iron just to try and eliminate the bowel movements!! cant do any harm! Ill see what the gp thinks!

Lucyfur would you consider going on a tonic or something to try and build yourself back up, it must be awful hard on your system when your having such a heavy period. I tried metatone tonice before and found it very good - its mostly just a mix of various b vitamins which are great for increasing energy levels etc. And maybe some starflower oil caps to help with your menstrual cycle and pains? My miscarraige was only at almost 7 weeks and i found my next period to be incredibly heavy also, as you say it was worse than the miscarraige itself in that way.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

DL - I remember reading elsewhere on boards that uterine cramps and contractions affect the bowel, for instance after the first day or so on your period the cramps can give you a loose bowel movement. Its probably very similar to that - your womb is stretching more than it ever has in its lifetime so its bound to feel a little strange.

Barbie Gril, one of the ladies here is a midwife, and said before its quite common for the dates to be out on a scan, I do hope thats all it is. Fingers crossed for you.

I got disprin, according to the pharmacist I spoke to, you cant buy baby asprin over the counter anymore as it is commonly prescribed for heart issues therefore regulated as a prescription drug, yet I can buy the 300mg and quarter them. What a country :rolleyes:

So, I took a quarter along with Clomid day 3. When should I start taking the cough syrup? I am on CD3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I was thinking of a tonic or something. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow so I'll see what she thinks. I've a good diet but I'd say a tonic would do me no harm. This is my first proper period since February......:eek:

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    DL - I remember reading elsewhere on boards that uterine cramps and contractions affect the bowel, for instance after the first day or so on your period the cramps can give you a loose bowel movement. Its probably very similar to that - your womb is stretching more than it ever has in its lifetime so its bound to feel a little strange.

Barbie Gril, one of the ladies here is a midwife, and said before its quite common for the dates to be out on a scan, I do hope thats all it is. Fingers crossed for you.

I got disprin, according to the pharmacist I spoke to, you cant buy baby asprin over the counter anymore as it is commonly prescribed for heart issues therefore regulated as a prescription drug, yet I can buy the 300mg and quarter them. What a country :rolleyes:

So, I took a quarter along with Clomid day 3. When should I start taking the cough syrup? I am on CD3

Thanks i just hope they are uterine cramps for the right reason!!
    I had the same issue with the disprin - i did the same and just quartered the 300mg tablet! stooooopid!!
    I started taking the cough medicine on about day 9 or ten and it worked really quickly!! I only took it once a day instead of three times, but no harm to take it more often!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Barbirgirl, my heart goes out to you it has to be so nerve wracking the waiting :( I'm really hoping that it is like mentioned before, that maybe its just a case of the scan being incorrect or dates.

I had an early dating scan when I was pregnant with my daughter & they couldn't find a heartbeat/the measurements were on the small side; but all went well.

I really hope you get good news at your next appt. x

I'm really interested in the information about taking disprin. Possibly because its so easily attainable (STILL waiting for my agnus castus to arrive after ordering it online. cd6 at this stage though, so if I can't take it after ovulation then its nearly too late to take it this month :rolleyes:), the robitussin made me queasy so disprin might just be this months new thing to try.

That's so backwards that they'll sell a larger dose than a smaller one! Handy to bear in mind when I've to buy some :)

Barbirgirl, my heart goes out to you it has to be so nerve wracking the waiting :( I'm really hoping that it is like mentioned before, that maybe its just a case of the scan being incorrect or dates.

I had an early dating scan when I was pregnant with my daughter & they couldn't find a heartbeat/the measurements were on the small side; but all went well.

I really hope you get good news at your next appt. x

I'm really interested in the information about taking disprin. Possibly because its so easily attainable (STILL waiting for my agnus castus to arrive after ordering it online. cd6 at this stage though, so if I can't take it after ovulation then its nearly too late to take it this month :rolleyes:), the robitussin made me queasy so disprin might just be this months new thing to try.

That's so backwards that they'll sell a larger dose than a smaller one! Handy to bear in mind when I've to buy some :)

Cap- they def sell it in my local pharmacy, try yours maybe, and if not I could get in mine and post it to ya so that you'd def have it on time? It's no prob at all so just pm me if ya want it!! No point on not giving the month 100% especially since your on the clomid! X

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just a word of warning about the agnus castus and clomid. They stimulate the same hormones so if you are on clomid you should talk to your doctor before trying agnus castus in case taking them together causes issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

hey all. I'm getting a bit confused. I thought dispirin (aspirin) helped with implantation? If so why take it before ovulation? I think maybe it should only be taken from when you think you ovulated up until your period starts, and if a pregnancy is confirmed then take it at least for the first tri when chance m/c is high.

Cap, you said you might try dispirn instead of robitussin, but they treat different things. Robitussin is for better quality more abundant mucus, nothing to do with implantation (I don't think so anyway:confused:). If I were you I'd add dispirin to the list and keep taking cough med (by the way Benelyn is much nicer! ;))
    I started a quarter of a tab today also.

Barbigirl, how are you today sweetie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys. I'm going between confident ( that the sonographer didn't push hard enough for a clear scan with a tipped uterus. Seemingly you need to push hard and wiggle quiet a bit to see the contents of the scan.) And being convinced that she's gone.
    I defo still feel pregnant so tomorrow we're doing a tests and see what it says.
    So we'll see.
    Anyone hear how Dublinlady got along.

I took a clearly test today and it shows me pregnant 3+ weeks. Two weeks since I took last one and it said 2-3 :-) 3+ is as high as test goes but at least it gives me some hope. Hormone levels still high

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I took a clearly test today and it shows me pregnant 3+ weeks. Two weeks since I took last one and it said 2-3 :-) 3+ is as high as test goes but at least it gives me some hope. Hormone levels still high

Oh yeah!!!!! That's a really great great sign!!! Fab stuff! :)
    Stay positive as your baby will feel it!
    I'm doing the same, staying positive, the doc was a bit nervous about the cramping as it's now accompanied by some sharp pains but we're hoping it's just stretching! Ive an early scan on 4th July when I'll be 7 weeks and a day so just keeping my fingers crossed until then!! Pain pain go away... Dont come back another day...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Keeping positive for yez ladies!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Hey all,

Just back off my hols! Did I miss anything the past 2 weeks? Any positives?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Got my stupid period this morning so it's back to day one. Feeling a bit sorry for myself and a bit worse for my husband who admitted that he had been sure for the last two weeks that this month was the magic one. On the very little plus side I'm impressed with myself that I made it to the morning of what would have been CD30 without taking a single pregnancy test. Normally I'd have taken 2 or 3 cheapies and 1 digital today. I suspect I'll cope with TTC better if I don't get so worked up over the 2 week wait each month, so not taking any tests is a good 1st step toward relaxing a little about it.

Sorry to hear that Iguana it is very hard not to stress on the two week wait. Maybe this month will be your month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Ok, first of all to make it clear I am not asking for medical advice. I just want toknow if anyone has felt the same as I do.

Its now a month since the mis and over the last week and a half I am feeling so tired. Not like a natural kind of tired but could sleep anyplace. Peeling myself out of bed in the morning. last night I was asleep long before 10pm but didnt wake up with the alarm. woke by the phone ringing at 8am. So that was over 10 hours sleep and I felt like I had not slept at all. Everyday is the same not energry and trying to keep my eyes open. Drank 3 cans of coke and god knows how much strong coffee to stay awake.

I am also like a mean bitch. eating the head of everyone in sight and not giving a f**k for doing it. Totally nasty and totally NOT like me.

I feel the short temper has a lot to do with being so tired that I just cannot cope with even silly little things. I am at he stage that i had a sleep for 2 hours after work this evening and my eyes are falling again. The second my head hits the pillow I am gone and nothing wakes me. my body feels so heavy and that I am just dragging myself around.

All the other times I was never like this after.

Just wanted to know if any of you had felt like this. Going to go to the doctor next week and have a chat.

Caroline, it could be your hormones settling after the miss. I had a few random days like that in the months following my miss. You might need a tonic to boost your system, it does take a lot out of you physically as well as emotionally.

Dublinlady, I got the agnus castus today but thanks a million for the offer, you're v kind :) x

Detectiv, thank you for the advice, you're right I'd be creating two opposite reactions in my body. I don't feel the need for the cough syrup as the cervical mucus is grand, but definitely think the disprin is worth trying :)

Welcome back ccl, how was your holliers?

Iguana, sorry you got a negative this month :( it is so frustrating when you get your hopes up. You've more discipline than me, I was testing from day 28 - 40 last month :eek:

Barbiegirl, I'm so glad all is sounding positive! I really hope it all continues like this x

Lucyfur, sorry you're having such a crap period. My first one after the loss was really heavy & even now 11 months on I get an unusually heavy one. I wonder in a way is it a good sign, that you are building a good thick lining in the womb each month? hope it eases for you soon.

I'm enjoying a nice bottle of west coast cooler here (for medicinal purposes, to relax me for this cycle :D;)) hope ye are all keeping well :)

Carolinespring I was exactly like that after my second and third d&c and it was why I started accupuncture which sorted me very quickly. I was just exhausted all the time no matter how much sleep I got. Defo recommend accupuncture.

Thanks cap hope you had a lovely relaxing night.

• Advertisement

Just been sitting in the loo at work crying cos having cramps... Not too bad in abdomen but really bad on lower back. I was sitting on an awful stool and in retrospect it was very likely that that provoked it, it's gone now and I do feel better, I just panicked completely.... I don't know what I'll do if I loose this baby :( 5 weeks tomorrow... Please let the bloody pains stop theyre stressing me out so so much, I'm a mess! Wish I could leave work but stuck here til 6 :(. Sorry moan moan rant rant rant

DL this is where you come to moan and rant. Fingers crossed they'll stop. Big hugs.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

iguana wrote: »
    Just a word of warning about the agnus castus and clomid. They stimulate the same hormones so if you are on clomid you should talk to your doctor before trying agnus castus in case taking them together causes issues.
    I knew that all right - I'm on the clomid but even before that I am still on parlodel so didnt want anything to interfere with it. I just take the quarter disprin, and will start the cough syrup.
    Ok, first of all to make it clear I am not asking for medical advice. I just want toknow if anyone has felt the same as I do.

Its now a month since the mis and over the last week and a half I am feeling so tired. Not like a natural kind of tired but could sleep anyplace. Peeling myself out of bed in the morning. last night I was asleep long before 10pm but didnt wake up with the alarm. woke by the phone ringing at 8am. So that was over 10 hours sleep and I felt like I had not slept at all. Everyday is the same not energry and trying to keep my eyes open. Drank 3 cans of coke and god knows how much strong coffee to stay awake.

I am also like a mean bitch. eating the head of everyone in sight and not giving a f**k for doing it. Totally nasty and totally NOT like me.

I feel the short temper has a lot to do with being so tired that I just cannot cope with even silly little things. I am at he stage that i had a sleep for 2 hours after work this evening and my eyes are falling again. The second my head hits the pillow I am gone and nothing wakes me. my body feels so heavy and that I am just dragging myself around.

All the other times I was never like this after.

Just wanted to know if any of you had felt like this. Going to go to the doctor next week and have a chat.
    Aww, pet. I would say your body has been through the mill - your hormones are adjusting and also your body probably needs its rest. ((Hugs))
    dublinlady wrote: »
    Just been sitting in the loo at work crying cos having cramps... Not too bad in abdomen but really bad on lower back. I was sitting on an awful stool and in retrospect it was very likely that that provoked it, it's gone now and I do feel better, I just panicked completely.... I don't know what I'll do if I loose this baby :( 5 weeks tomorrow... Please let the bloody pains stop theyre stressing me out so so much, I'm a mess! Wish I could leave work but stuck here til 6 :(. Sorry moan moan rant rant rant
    ((Hugs)) to you too. Hopefully its normal stretching that you are feeling. hopefully it will be 6 before you know it.

I finished my clomid round yesterday. Only 50mg, but still got very tired and a wee bit hormonal. God help the women who are on the 100mg -250mg. I started crying at Gran Torino during the week because I thought that clint eastwood looked like my dad (RIP). He looks nothing like my dad. :rolleyes:
    Next Wed morning I get "dildocam" (copyright Detective Foxtrot!) to see my follicles and get the trigger shot. Then we have to go home and ride like mad yokes. Now, a question: if I get the pregnyl shot at 8.30 am, and have to work until 6pm, will I waste valuable eggy time if we dont shag until then? Or should we have our soldiers ready and waiting from the night before? Would that not be a bit "eww" for the nurses on the morning? Oh, :confused:

Oh Iguana, I have been there SOOO many times, I feel your pain. Thinking that this cycle 'is it', and you know your OH is thinking it too, then bam it's over again for another month. Have lots of chocolate and wine. CD 1 is very difficult, so depressing. xx

CarolineSpring, I am not surprised you're feeling that way, don't for a second beat yourself up about it. My advice is to let the grief (and resulting anger) wash over you, absorb it. You need to do that to recover (physically and emotionally), just don't let it consume you. It's a fine line I know, just take it day by day. Thinking of you.

DL, pardon me but fúck work, go home sick. You are cramping and it's making you terribly stressed. It's not as if it's in your head, tell them you have abdominal cramping (and the runs - to avoid any awkward questions) and sign yourself off for the day. I am sure you have nothing to worry about but I know that is no comfort for you. I know for a fact when I get pg again I will be worrying about every single cramp also, it's to be expected after being through miscarriage. I have to admit that for all of us here who have m/c'd, some of the sheen of early pregnancy has well and truly worn off, we count down the days until 1st tri is out of the way. Just think that every new additional day that you remain pregnant is a reduction in your m/c chances and a step towards getting your take-home baby, and once you see that little h/b, which YOU WILL, you're m/c chances become negligible. When are you being scanned? xx

Neyite, you stole my phrase, but I see I have been accredited appropriately so I won't sue, lol :D
    I hated the dildocam. Hope you see many big follies!
    ETA: Neyite, I would have sex the night before AND they day of, as well as the day after, cover all your bases. The only reason you would be better off spacing it out if your OH had sperm count issues, which I'm sure a Sperm Analysis has shown he doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Neyite do the deed the night before, the morning of and the evening after :D
    Get those boys in the area ready and waiting for the egg, it can take 10hrs for the boys to get there

Best of luck (and dont forget to throw your legs up the wall and dont move for half an hour :D:D:D

x

Thanks ladies!

He has been put on notice that I require his services at least twice on Tuesday and beyond. Tried to make it all manly and used Braveheart analogy that his soldiers had to ready and waiting for battle. Rawr!

I have been getting twinges on the clomid, lots per day, so I hope it is working!

The legs will be thrown up against the wall indeed. Would a nekkid handstand be OTT? :D

I got my baby GAA jersey the other day. Its about the size of a hankie Squee!!! :D
    Cant wait till I get the double line and present it to him as a way of announcing a pregnancy. I have shed enough bloody tears in this TTC malarkey, I will make him cry too, gawdammit :cool:

Iguana, I know what a bitch CD1 is. Have had it 25 times now (but hey who's counting? :rolleyes:) I console myself (slightly) by indulging in the things I would have to quit if I had got pregnant - Alcohol, shellfish, soft cheeses and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DL, sod work and mind yourself. More important to mind yourself.

Thank you ladies, I don't feel so much like a nutter. i never felt so tired any of the other times. Going to try and take sometime of work next week and just rest and sleep.

Neyite wrote: »
    Thanks ladies!

He has been put on notice that I require his services at least twice on Tuesday and beyond. Tried to make it all manly and used Braveheart analogy that his soldiers had to ready and waiting for battle. Rawr!...........

Cant wait till I get the double line and present it to him as a way of announcing a pregnancy. I have shed enough bloody tears in this TTC malarkey, I will make him cry too, gawdammit :cool:

PMSL love your posts Neyite, crack me up :D:D

Dublinlady I definitely agree with the other posters, if you're feeling crap like that in work again then please go home! You poor thing it must have been rotten being stuck there hours when you were uncomfortable & in pain :( How are you feeling today? hope the cramps have eased off.

Caroline I think that's a brill idea to take some time off for yourself. Would you be able to stretch to booking yourself into a spa for the day to treat yourself? or even just for one treatment like a full massage. I think you need to treat yourself, you certainly deserve it.

Crazy Cat Lady - Welcome back from hols! Just realised i never responded to you...i got my two pink lines!! :D Mind you as you've probably read since ive had on and off moderate period cramps and while i know these could be as a result of my uterus stretching, sometimes its hard to believe that everything is ok and so im kinda just not really taking it all in yet...just incase :o

Iguana - Sorry your horrible period came :( Every month id convince myself that i was pregnant and then its just heartbreaking when stupid period arrives ( or in my case when you've done a million tests and all negative!) the one month i really was sure it wasnt happening...id did :rolleyes:
    I dont think theres a message in that or anything..as in we tried as hard as always but just the couple of days before my period i think we just gave up hope, dont think we were able to put ourselves through the heartbreak again, i guess we were just extremely extremely lucky, just goes to show though, your pregnancy could be just around the corner waiting to surprise you :)

Carolinespring - im completely underinformed to advise you...i have had one miscarraige but have not suffered the long journey you have had to endure. The one thing i would say is that it sounds like your totally run down, grieving and as a result completely exhausted. I would agree with barbiegirl about the acupuncture - i have had it since January and it really helped me to deal with my loss which i hadnt (and it was last august) and the woman was great and really helped me to learn how to work through my problems in a much better way (rather than ignoring them which i was:rolleyes:) Its just worth a thought .

Neyite - i hope you and mr neyite are all geared up and ready to go!!!

Detective - Thanks for your support - my work situation is tricky as im self employed and in a line of work where i cant go home without arranging a replacement which was impossible on sat. I was actually inconsolable...bloody hormones..:o I just couldnt get it together - the cramps felt so similar to last time and it just brought it all back, i was sure it was happening again :( It lasted an hour or so, and in retrospect i dont think they were as severe as before i think i just over reacted, and then couldnt stop!! My cramps definitely seem to come about from external stimulus... as in - if i stand for too long, sit uncomfortably for too long, move around for too long.... if i need a poo (haha sorry but its true..)...if i need a wee....anything!! but generally they are only there for a few minutes and then go. I dont know if this is good or bad... i think i have always been very sensitive to pain or discomfort in that area , i used to always get really bad period cramping, so maybe im just being sensitive now too? i dont know..... The main thing is i have a scan booked for monday 4th July when ill be 7 weeks - so only 2 weeks til that ( who am i kidding it feels like 8 years away!!!!!) I think until then i wont be able to convince myself theres a baby at all.....part of me is convinced its just a blighted ovum like before :( I am trying to stay positive though and am trying to picture my life with this baby in it. but mostly im just worrying!!
    I just wish that someone could tell me for sure that these cramps are ok, but until the scan i think thats impossible!

Cap and Lucyfur hope u guys doing ok?

• Advertisement

DL, so glad to hear from you, I was thinking about you all night. The main this is you're ok, don't be worrying if you think overreacting and stuff, it's all natural!

Negative test for me today, although I'm super duper early (8dpo)....

Went for a lovely walk on the beach where we spread my fathers ashes in Feb. T'was lovely. Happy fathers day Pop! xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement