Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Please God all goes well for DL x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Let's hope and cross fingers DL.

I know my chances today are very slim. So all prayers appreciated.

Prayers sent Barbiegirl, best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh barbiegirl I hope a pray all will be well and ur little bean has grown, I'll be thinking of u all day, all the very best of wishes, x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Best of luck today Barbiegirl!

That's great news DL!! Keep positive! I was in Alot and I mean Alot of pain with cramps in my early preg thankfully that's all passed now but it turned out to be stretching pains! Hopefully it's the same for you xx

Welcome to Doolie (hope I spelled that right!) you've really come to the right place :) everyone here is so helpful and amazing listeners! Best of luck with your IUI journey x

• Advertisement

Hi guys, positive news we have a heart beat. He can't date yet because of retroverted uterus but we have a heart bean :-) I even have a photo. Back in 2 weeks for another scan. Big happy smiles today

Brill news Barbiegirl x :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Dublin lady- fingers crossed you got your second resut soon.

Barbie girl- fantastic, an a little visual of your bean too- great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thats Brill news Barbiegirl, so delighted for you :)

Dublin Lady rooting for you, hopefully those levels will keep going up :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

dublinlady wrote: »
    Crikey.... Mondays hcg levels 2235.... There is hope yet... Now just have to wait for today's.. She said it could be a day or two... Fingers crossed!!!
    Great News! Hopefully todays will be as good for you. Fingers crossed for you hon.
    barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys, positive news we have a heart beat. He can't date yet because of retroverted uterus but we have a heart bean :-) I even have a photo. Back in 2 weeks for another scan. Big happy smiles today

Yay! So happy for you! Now you can relax and enjoy your good news.

I had my follicle scan today too. 3 matured so they cancelled the cycle :( for fear of triplets. I'm kinda tiny so that, plus the risks to potential triplets with premature birth/cerebral palsy. In my head I was thinking "gimmie the f**king trigger shot" but logically I know they were right. (but, if I do ovulate now naturally in the next day or so, there is a *chance* as we were naughty twice yesterday...tut tut. :o)

Plan is to go on a lower dosage of clomid next cycle and a scan on CD2 to check that none of this months follicles are still there.

Nurses at the clinic were really really nice. Y'know when you are in there and no-one does eye contact in the waiting room for fear you /they know someone? Well, turns out one of the nurses is a girl I went to school with! She was so friendly and nice, now I know that she would not say a word or whatever, but at the time I was just hit with the initial "fuuu..." feeling when she said hello and started talking. But I'm over it now, thank god.

Hope all the two week waiters are holding in there!

• Advertisement

Oh my god!!!! Whoop!! That's so fantastic!!!!!!!! Yeah!!! You must be so so relieved!!! Sit back... Relax... And enjoy now!!!
    I'm taking it as a good oman....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Barbiegirl I'm delighted for you:D

You too DL, that's a whopper of a hCG level:D

Doolie, welcome to the mad house. Get stuck in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Barbiegirl that's amazing news :) congratulations on your beans heartbeat xx you've made my day hehe!

Well I'm in my 14th week.. I'm feeling great apart from a little back pain if I over do it! My next scan is 13th July which is 3 weeks today and it won't come quick enough lol can't wait to see our little peanut again! I though I was feeling some movements a few days back but the feeling has stopped so I'm not sure.. My bump is starting to balloon which is a little scary as I thought I wouldn't get one for another few weeks but it's also awesome hehe my clothes are too tight and I had to go buy maternity jeans (which are the comfyist things ever!!!) lovin it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

great news all round!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Barbiegirl, sending you tons of sticky vibes, stick baby stick!

DL, those numbers are great. How many days past ovulation are you now?

xx

neg tests for me again today, guess I'm out as I'm 11days past, and normally get my positive today. Guess I'll be having the lovely lap next Tuesday after all. Boo to the pain of it all but yay to week off work \O/

Detective - hope ur not feeling too low :( keep the hope for another day or 2, but I know you know ur cycle better than anyone. I think I'm about 21-22 days past ovulation, I'm not really sure what my levels are meant to be but from google they looked ok I think? Still no word on this mornings test, hopefully I'll get a result tomorrow.. The wait is totally killing me! I feel so pregnant... I'll be gutted if the levels don't double! No idea what the pains are about but at least If I know they not affecting the baba I can deal with them!

3989! :) she said to take it as good:D:D:D

Meant to say that was from 2235 after 45 hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Aw DL that's brilliant! Have to say my heart was pounding when I saw your name in the thread notifications, hoping it was good news :p

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

dublinlady wrote: »
    3989! :) she said to take it as good:D:D:D

Brilliant!! probably just baba having a good stretch and hurting mammy!:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Exercise during 2ww. I've taken up yoga and had my first class yesterday, which was actually really good and relaxing. (I've done yoga before on dvd and on the wii and I just found it annoying so I was surprised by how I responded to the class.) I'm at the end of my period now and figure I'll probably have 3 more classes before I ovulate again, probably next Saturday. Ideally I'd like to keep up doing 2 classes a week for the relaxation effect but I'm not sure if it's safe if I did get pregnant. Because when I was pregnant before I looked into pregnancy yoga and it seems it's not recommended until the 2nd trimester.

• Advertisement

Dublinlady that is fantastic. So happy for you :-) let's see if we can both make it :D

iguana wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's safe if I did get pregnant. Because when I was pregnant before I looked into pregnancy yoga and it seems it's not recommended until the 2nd trimester.

Non pregnancy yoga is fine in the early months - just tell your instructor so that he/she can give you alternative poses to do while the rest of the class are doing the core strengething exercises. Basically anything that strengthens your abdominals like the plank or similar are best avoided, do resting poses instead.

You've got me thinking I should rejoin the auld yoga classes again...hmmm.

Neyite wrote: »
    Non pregnancy yoga is fine in the early months - just tell your instructor so that he/she can give you alternative poses to do while the rest of the class are doing the core strengething exercises. Basically anything that strengthens your abdominals like the plank or similar are best avoided, do resting poses instead.

You've got me thinking I should rejoin the auld yoga classes again...hmmm.

Thanks. I'll definitely mention it in class during the 2ww. I've also found a few sites specifically about types of yoga designed especially for fertility. (Weirdly the main one I've found is narrated by the woman who narrates Desperate Housewives, I don't even watch the programme but I'm familiar enough with it for it to sound a bit odd.) I might give that a try too, though yoga in a house with springer spaniels might be a bit stressful.:)

I used to try yoga in the house with the doggies not successful :rolleyes:

I will be back to yoga all going well in a few months and in the worst case scenario maybe pilares. I have a bad back (from drunken fall years ago) so either way I need to built some strength back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Loving all the good news here ladies:D

DL and Barbiegirl, I'm delighted for ye:D

As for me, I'm still doing great. Have an appointment for pregnancy loss counselling tomorrow but I think I'll cancel it. I honestly don't feel I need it. I can talk to my other half about everything and you lot have been a fantastic support:)

We've decided to go on holidays in August:cool: Bikini diet here I come!! Taking the little fella with us for the first time so trying to find somewhere to go from Knock as the thoughts of Dublin airport with an autistic child terrifies me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Dublinlady & Barbiegirl I'm absolutely delighted for you both!!!! fantastic news on both counts, its brilliant that you're both getting positive news after a tenuous few weeks :)

Tigeress I'm delighted all is going well for you also, hopefully the weeks will fly til your next scan & you'll get to see baby tiger :D

I'm trying not to get too wound up in the testing for ovulation this month. I have bought the clearblue ovulation test, but I'm only going to use it if I've really strong ovulation signs.
    The testing every day in the past few cycles had me driven demented, especially with such long cycles!
    We're doing the deed every 2-3 days also to make sure even if I do ovulate but miss the signs, that hopefully there will be a few swimmers there to do the job :)

Iguana, that's a really good idea with the yoga :) can definitely see it being tricky with 2 springers in the house though :D
    I've been throwing myself into the gardening, I'm hoping all the vigorous exercise I'm getting that way will help improve chances of conceiving this month. If not its a useful distraction!

Lucyfur great idea going on hols, wouldn't mind getting away myself!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Thanks, I was thinking also those lines myself.
    Have you taken it yourself, I really want to start taking it but I've read some worrying stories from people where it has brought on severe depression.
    Has anyone any experience taking Agnus Castus long term?

Sorry I missed this the other day. I'm taking agnus castus at the moment and I was taking them for 3 cycles from Dec-Feb. I started them in Dec as we had planned to start trying but my husband went back on a mutagenic medication for a short period so we had to put it on hold again. I came off them then as I was finding it upsetting to be thinking about ttc while it was on hold. I never experienced depression but I do have to admit that I had exacerbated PMS symptoms. But looking back I remember once telling my husband that I almost felt pregnant at one stage even though we hadn't had sex that month. And I found that the symptoms seemed a bit worse each month. In fact I've since read that it takes 3 full cycles for the AC to build up fully and the highest rates of women getting pregnant on it are from month 4. So if I'd stuck with it back in Feb, I might be approaching beached whale size by now.:(

I started taking the AC again last cycle and I wonder if that's what caused me to have such sore breasts from about day 18. Either way at least I know this month that sore breasts ≠ pregnant for me so I can stop anxiously poking them every 6 minutes from now on.

Back to yesterday's yoga topic. I have ordered Yoga 4 Fertility off amazon and am looking forward to it arriving. (I'll be taking the dogs for a swim and then leaving them in the back garden before trying it though.) It's the one by Barbara Strong (from Desperate Housewives), apparently she used to be a yoga teacher when she was a more struggling actress and suffered from secondary infertility so she devised a yoga system that will help you relax but is safe for early pregnancy and will stimulate the right areas to help conceive. Hopefully I'll manage to follow it as some reviews say it's quite difficult, but at 32 I can still stick my foot in my mouth, cold, without feeling any twinges, so I'm hoping I'll be flexible enough for it after a bit of practise.

iguana wrote: »
    Sorry I missed this the other day. I'm taking agnus castus at the moment and I was taking them for 3 cycles from Dec-Feb. I started them in Dec as we had planned to start trying but my husband went back on a mutagenic medication for a short period so we had to put it on hold again. I came off them then as I was finding it upsetting to be thinking about ttc while it was on hold. I never experienced depression but I do have to admit that I had exacerbated PMS symptoms. But looking back I remember once telling my husband that I almost felt pregnant at one stage even though we hadn't had sex that month. And I found that the symptoms seemed a bit worse each month. In fact I've since read that it takes 3 full cycles for the AC to build up fully and the highest rates of women getting pregnant on it are from month 4. So if I'd stuck with it back in Feb, I might be approaching beached whale size by now.:(

I started taking the AC again last cycle and I wonder if that's what caused me to have such sore breasts from about day 18. Either way at least I know this month that sore breasts ≠ pregnant for me so I can stop anxiously poking them every 6 minutes from now on.

Thanks for that, I started taking Agnus Castus today 2 x 400g along with Evening Primrose to try and sort out my long, irregular cycles. Adding these to the Folic Acid and the Multivitamins I also take and you'll hear me rattling before you see me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

ECHO Echo ECHO

hehe :D

2 days to my lap! :eek:

• Advertisement

Best of Luck DFT, hope all goes well :)

As for me AF showed up 2 weeks early :rolleyes:
    I don't mind so much as I was have a crazy cycle this time round which I actually think was an anovulatory cycle as I never got a positvie on my OPK so I'm glad to see the back of it.
    The sooner the better these Agnus Castus pills start working before I go insane, it's either a feast or a famine with me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement