Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Lol yup 5 of them, haven't had them in years. Bought a 24 pack on special in tescos hoping they'd last a few weeks.:rolleyes:
    Out of guilt (& to make up for the 2 I ate today :o) I went out for a really long uphill walk today.
    Omg, I was half dead with the heat, it must have been at least 25 degrees in Kilkenny!

So now, I have an excuse for being a pig, I was premenstrual :o;)

Aside from the heat, it was lovely to get out & stretch the legs. I was out walking for an hour and a half, though half an hour of that was catching up on the gossip with one of the neighbours :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

CD25 and I have a feeling I'm out. One of my dogs brought me a dead, extremely dismembered pigeon this afternoon and my lunch stayed put. :pac:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Day 1 of another cycle BOOM :cool:

One more and we can start trying again :D:D:D

In other news, ouch and please pass the chocolate. Now. Ta very much.
    Meet your sister, day 1 here also & I'm like a fiend for chocolate today! :o

I'm feeling pretty bright about it as it means I can ring tomorrow & book my blood test for Friday.
    That's brill that you've only a month to go til you can try again, finger crossed it'll fly by :)

Day 1 here too. Not only have I grazed around me but I have also smothered myself in cocoa butter. So I even smell like chocolate. Nyom...
    Dildocam tomorrow then can take my Clomid.

A new cycle is easier when there are tests or something to focus on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Newbie can't wait to hear whether you get your BFP, best of luck ;):)

Typically today that old familiar backache and crammpy tummy appeared today so I think AF could be on her way :( no sore boobs yet but they'll rob follow. I have an interview for a new job next week so maybe it's a good thing it wasn't this month (would rather baby than job though!)

Pmsl Neyite & your dildo cam :D Isn't it amazing also the power chocolate has over us :D

Newbie the very best of luck with your interview. Sorry AF is on the way. I feckin HATE those few days before she arrives when you start to wonder 'what if' only for her to appear :mad:

How are our prego ladies Tigeress & Dublinlady keeping? We need some happy stories to encourage us menstrual chocolate mad women here ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

newbie! wrote: »
    Typically today that old familiar backache and crammpy tummy appeared today so I think AF could be on her way :( no sore boobs yet but they'll rob follow. I have an interview for a new job next week so maybe it's a good thing it wasn't this month (would rather baby than job though!)

Ah sorry to hear that Newbie, best of luck with the job interview though, hope you get some good news there :)

ETA: I'm currently on 5dpo, this 2ww is dragging in, it feels like time has stopped still!!!

This might sound odd, but I think I'm having a (very) early miscarriage today.
    I tried one last pregnancy test yesterday morning & there was such a feint line on the test (cheapie) that I discounted it as after 3/4 minutes the line disappeared. I took it to be just the test because it was a cheap one.

When AF arrived last night (TMI WARNING!) it was brown & scant. Foolish thing that I am I started googling implantation bleeds & thought it might be a possibility because it didn't feel like a normal period.
    However AF kicked in today & it is horrendous.
    I have a relatively high pain thresh hold & rarely take pain killers. I've already taken 6 painkillers today.

I'm losing as much as I did with my first miscarriage which would have been roughly the same stage (roughly 2 - 3 weeks past ovulation) & I'm passing quite a few small clots which I never did before.
    I'm also extremely hormonal & looking back have been for the past week.
    The last time I was very hormonal like this was before my recent miscarriage.
    It would be very unusual for me to be either hormonal/in pain during a period; I generally don't have symptoms like this during my period.

I'm booked to go in tomorrow to have my 3 day bloods done. Does anyone think they would be able to detect if its a loss or just very heavy period from the blood tests?
    Or am I just losing the plot here?

I've had no history of endometriosis/fibroids or similar.
    At least I've the blood test tomorrow which might help clear things up.
    Would that measure level of Hcg or only if I request that to be checked specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

oh no Cap!:( it does sounds like a chemical pregnancy alright, you poor thing. It will only be picked up in your test if they do a HCG beta, which isn't standard in Ireland, but I'd still ask for it if I were you (((hugsies)))
    I hope its just a heavy period x

Thanks Detectiv x I'll make sure to specify that I wanted that tested tomorrow.
    It sounds strange, but I would find more comfort if it was a miss as at least it would confirm that I am ovulating.

I'm absolutely fine about it partly because I'm not 100% sure if it definitely was a loss, and if it was I didn't know I was pregnant til AF already started so it was over before it began if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Cap, definitely sounds like a chemical. As you know there is a big difference in the feeling of period cramps and miscarriage pains.

Anyway yesterday I was given the pill for medical rather than surgical intervention, along with a script for difene and tylex. Last night it started and thanks to plenty of aforementioned drugs I slept pretty much through it. About 4am I got up, had a quick change and clean up, passed lots of big clots and went back asleep.

Today bleeding very little, so hoping it's over with now. We go on holidays in 2 1/2 weeks so we're leaving all trying, clinic visits etc til after that. I think right now we're just tired.

Hoping some of you have good news this month.

• Advertisement

Cap, I hope you get some news tomorrow to put your mind at rest.

Barbiegirl, I hope you have a fab holiday and comeback with recharged batteries :)

How did you get on Cap? x

Hi Barbiegirl, glad you slept through some of it xx good idea re waiting til after your hols. You need to unwind and recharge. Thinking of ya x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Newbie best of luck with your interview :) I hope it goes well x
    Cap so sorry to hear about the possible MC :( I do hope your Day 3 & 21 bloods cone back normal! I got them done when trying a few months and the day 3 was fine but as I had a 32 day cycle the day 21 came back that I didn't ovulate which was upsetting bit figured as much as my cycle was longer so they should have told me to go in on day 28 instead..

I'm doing good thanks hun :) 17 weeks this week and grown out of all my normal clothes.. Still afraid to buy anything :0 I had a scan yest & everything was perfect :D our little peanut is not so little anymore! Couldn't believe how big they are now! Doc couldn't tell the gender yet as baba had their legs tucked up over their bits hehe guess they want it to be a surprise for now :) back in 6 weeks for another scan and hopefully we'll know then! We're keeping the gender a secret same as names but as soon as I know I'll share with you wonderful ladies :) I still read daily but I miss posting all the time... I didn't find the preg chat as great as this one so I've gone to EU Moms chat instead :) so many others there due Xmas day too which is cool! I really want you all on there with me... I really hope your times come soon! Lucyfur so excited you'll be TTC again soon :) x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Barbiegirl, that holiday is probably just what you need. I hope you come back relaxed and renewed. I love the holidays we have. Its a chance to reconnect with himself and revive the romance that gets pushed to one side during the rest of the year in convos about the bins and bills.

Cap, so sorry to hear - I agree with Detective, it does sound like a chemical, but you are being very positive about it, which is great. How'd your tests go today?

I had a little cry last night. :o My OH had concerns that I was trying too hard to find out why we cant get pregnant, as I asked the nurse loads of questions about Endo, and I think he thought I was e-diagnosing myself and stressing myself out. He also has faith that the clomid+pregnyl will work for us, but does not understand why I am looking up IVF or even Adoption.

But, I told him that is my way of coping. I dont test obsessivly during my two week wait, I dont cry anymore when I get my period, or when someone tells us they are pregnant. I keep it together because I am planning the 'what ifs' Its like if I know the next step after this stage then I dont freak out because there is another road we could try if we have to. Then I dissolved into a puddle of sobs and he was bloody sorry he brought it up. :p

I reckon I am gonna get pregnant on the August cycle. I am a bridesmaid for my sister next May, and I would put money on it that her wedding day becomes my due date :D- stuff like that tends to happen me. It'd be just typical that I try 2 years then have a due date that clashes with a big family event. Luckily she is not in the least bridzilla. She has secretly ordered extra fabric for an emergency marquee pregnancy bridemaid dress, just in case, and could not care less if I look like a whale/break water on the dance floor at her wedding. \o/ yay for sound sisters. When I shared this theory with himself, he :rolleyes: but agreed that it'd be typical that it would happen to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

hi again, thanks for suggestions.
    i have been off pill 4years, i know my cycle inside out thankfully or ironically it works like clockwork!
    coming off anti dep for a few days is what the gp's recc and it is just not an option as he feels dizzy sick headaches not to mention psychological effects so not conducive to feelign in the mood!
    my lil sis is preg now so this has really brought it into focus for me!
    thanks so much to those who took time to reply, this is first time and only place i can discuss this.
    we have applied to foster, itshard to get approved but hopfly for us it will work out. im gonna stay partof this though, tks again

no prob Mareliada - that's what we're here for! ;) Baby dust to you and best baby wishes!

Aawww, Neyite, I'm sorry you had a little cry. don't worry about it, so what if you obsess once in a while, and it does help you cope - I can vouch for that.

Tigeress, good to hear ya girl.:) Feel free to keep posting here, seriously. I hate the way the boards are so 'defined'. Yo've made some good friends here so stick with it! It doesn't matter that you're preggo, I know I speak for all the girls when I say we're only dying to hear all the goss. CANNOT believe you are 17 weeks - wow, just wow! How are your symptoms - much sickness? Is your belly big?

As for me, I am getting the oul faithful O twinges, last night and today, reckon I'll ovuate tomorrow. The cheapie ovulation test was almost positive but not quite. If I get pg this cycle I'd be due April 6th (Neyite I always know my due date before I even ovulate, how obsessive is THAT!:p:p )

mareliada wrote: »
    coming off anti dep for a few days is what the gp's recc and it is just not an option as he feels dizzy sick headaches not to mention psychological effects so not conducive to feelign in the mood!

I'd honestly advise talking to a few other doctors. We were told by ours that it can take up to three months for certain drugs to leave the male system enough to stop impacting sperm quality and production. It honestly sounds like your doctor has no interest in putting himself out enough to research the subject even slightly. S/he just seems to be fobbing you off.

Barbiegirl, I hope you enjoy your holiday and come back refreshed. You deserve it.

Cap, I know what you mean about the suspected chemical. I think I had one two months ago as for a day before my period I had brown spotting for about 20 hours instead of proper blood. I too was looking up implantation bleeds and even posted about it on here. It was an unusually painful period and it lasted 8-9 days rather than the usual 5-6. I leaked a little a couple of times in the first full day and I use a mooncup that I can normally leave 12 hours with out problems. Earlier that month I had very strong symptoms from early on in the 2 week wait, but in the 2nd week they disappeared overnight after a nightsweat, then after a few days I got rampant pms. I also think I probably prefer that it was a chemical rather than a period as at least it means I'm still ovulating and that my husband's sperm is mobile enough to get to my tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Cap, huge hugs to you lady xx I hope you're ok xxx

Tigeress, 17 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! As DFT said, is your belly big? Has the sickness eased? Are you wearing kangaroo trousers? Are your hubby's t-shirts too tight on you?:p C'mon woman, give us the goss!! :D

Barbiegirl, delighted to see you posting:) A holiday sounds like bliss, go and forget about TTC. Just enjoy a week in the sun. We're going in August and I can't wait. I think we need and deserve a break:)

Ok ladies, I need opinions/advice. Open and honest please and thank you:)
    I am packing in my job to study full time for 2 years. If loosing 2 babies in close succession taught me anything, it's taught me to follow my heart and go for my dreams. Pending an interview, I'm in. I'm confident I'll get in as the course is something I'm VERY passionate about. So, here's my pickle. Do we put TTC on hold for a year? Or do we belt ahead next cycle, hopefully get and stay pregnant, and get through the 2nd school with a new born? My fertility is down by about 30% since the surgery. We're not overly concerned by this as we got pregnant so easily before.

I've 101 things flying around my head. What if that 30% turns out to be a huge issue? What if my remaining tube is attached to a wonky ovary and it takes ages to conceive? I really don't want to put TTC on hold if we're going to have difficulty conceiving.

I'm not concerned about having school/study and a new born. I'm not afraid of hard work. I've a delightful young man with autism and if I got through his early years alone, I'll get through this. Especially with the added extra of a wonderfully supportive OH:)

Really don't know what to do. OH is supportive of what I want. He said he'll go with whatever I choose. As he said, he's ready to go when I am...

Any thoughts?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ok ladies, I need opinions/advice. Open and honest please and thank you:)
    I am packing in my job to study full time for 2 years. If loosing 2 babies in close succession taught me anything, it's taught me to follow my heart and go for my dreams. Pending an interview, I'm in. I'm confident I'll get in as the course is something I'm VERY passionate about. So, here's my pickle. Do we put TTC on hold for a year? Or do we belt ahead next cycle, hopefully get and stay pregnant, and get through the 2nd school with a new born? My fertility is down by about 30% since the surgery. We're not overly concerned by this as we got pregnant so easily before.

I've 101 things flying around my head. What if that 30% turns out to be a huge issue? What if my remaining tube is attached to a wonky ovary and it takes ages to conceive? I really don't want to put TTC on hold if we're going to have difficulty conceiving.

I'm not concerned about having school/study and a new born. I'm not afraid of hard work. I've a delightful young man with autism and if I got through his early years alone, I'll get through this. Especially with the added extra of a wonderfully supportive OH:)

Really don't know what to do. OH is supportive of what I want. He said he'll go with whatever I choose. As he said, he's ready to go when I am...

Any thoughts?

Go for it! How long is your course?
    I am in the middle of studying, and Im in a job that is not related at all to my studies. I would love to move, but firstly jobs are thin enough on the ground, my current job is very near the clinic, and they are pretty relaxed on me taking an hour here or there for doctors visits without being a nazi about certs. Secondly, moving at the moment would mean a trainee salary which we cant afford with the clinic costs. So I stay here, bored out of my tree with the work, but like the workplace if you know what I mean.

I worried about the whole TTC/Work thing, and realised that I am surrounded by blokes at work, most of them young dads. None of them worried the way us women do, like I did, I'm sure, they wanted a kid, they just went and had one. So I am trying to be more of a 'bloke' like that, believing that it will fall into place somehow when it all comes around.

Go for it!!

• Advertisement

Lucyfur, if I was you I'd think about going the not trying/not preventing route.

As for me I'm 99% sure I'm out. In the last hour or so I've started getting those really bad pinchy-pully cramps that signify an imminent period. I feel like weeping. To make matters worse my husband is working even stupider hours than his normal stupid hours and I just really wish I wasn't alone right now. I didn't even see him yesterday as he got in after 3am so slept in the spare room to avoid disturbing me and he was out the door again before I got up this morning. He just rang to say he won't be leaving for at least another hour. So at best I'll see him close to midnight. :(:mad::(:mad::(

Lucyfur as much as I'd love to say keep TTC and college I think this one has to be your decision.. I have to say you're an amazing woman after everything you've been through and now to give up work and follow your dreams is amazingly brave! Do you mind me asking what the corse is? I'd be thinking the same as you with the fact that it maybe a little harder to get preg and personally I wouldn't wanna hold off encase it does take longer but as the same time you did get preg so easily and I honestly think that'll happen again for you :) 3rd time lucky hun :) worked for me hehe! Either decision you make I know your fantastic hubby will be with you all the way x

DFT go go go :) best of luck this cycle :) how are you after the surgery? Back to normal?

I know 17 weeks is shocking! It's flying through but dragging too if that makes sense?! Bump is getting really big now, feels like it's growing for a day :) OH keeps telling me I look preg but I think it just looks like a jelly belly lol I'm not skinny but not huge so it's looking like I are too many pies :o I'm lovin it though! Still haven't felt life yet, apparently it doesn't usually happen till about 20 weeks on your 1st baba! The sickness passed but then I got a bad viral infection and ended up in hospital cause I was so sick.. I'm coming around from it now, thankfully the sickness is nothing like I had so it's all good :) the cramps come every few days and are pretty bad but after 2 days of cramps I wake to a bigger belly so it's all to do with growing! Some people just feel it more and I guess I'm one of those ones lol! Other than that all is going good! Have a girls name picked :) well we picked it about 2 years ago and love it so unless we have a boy or if we have a girl and she doesn't look like the name then we're using it :) although my best friend is due in 5 weeks and age mentioned she liked the name (she doesn't know what names we've picked) so I'm hoping she doesn't use it :o I would never ask her not too as I'm not like that but who knows maybe both our baba's will have the same name lol! Althoughbi have to say my boobs have not grown at all! My nipples are still very tender but no boob growage yet! Lol

Iguana I'm so sorry you're alone hun x if you're in Laois I'm prob near by if you need a hug? I hope you feel better soon.. I know how hard it is hun, I wish it was easy for everyone :( it will happen hun it's just gonna take time x

Neyite, it's so hard to keep up a brave front all of the time and a good 'ole cry does wonders sometimes :)

DFT I hope your eggies is on its way, best of luck catching it x

Iguana, the last time AF arrived I was so disappointed, I went out for a walk and when I came home my OH had go out and I just cried my eyes out cos I really just need the comfort of having him there so I can totally relate!

Lucyfur I would say go for it. A wise person once said 'life is what happens when you're busy making plans', if the course is what you really want to do then you will manage should your baba make an appearance in the middle of it, that's just my 2 cents worth :)

Neyite wrote: »
    I worried about the whole TTC/Work thing, and realised that I am surrounded by blokes at work, most of them young dads. None of them worried the way us women do, like I did, I'm sure, they wanted a kid, they just went and had one. So I am trying to be more of a 'bloke' like that, believing that it will fall into place somehow when it all comes around.

Since we started trying my husband has been leaning toward a major career change so he can be around more for our children. (Of course that will probably mean getting a job where he only works 50-60 hours a week instead of his usual 100+.:rolleyes:) But I'm still very proud of him and unbelievably touched that he's considering this kind of move in order to be a better daddy. He works in film and it's always been an artistic vocation to him so I'm pretty floored that he's even considering this. Any time he's been offered more normal jobs in the past he's turned them down flat stating that he'd be miserable.

Although my mum has inadvertently put the idea in my head that we won't conceive until he gets the type of job he's after. She's a big believer in stress causing conception problems and was telling me about when she was ttc for my youngest brother and how after conceiving me and my other brother pretty much instantly it took nearly a year to get pregnant with him. She got it in her head after 6 months of failure that my dad was too wound up as his rugby team (he was the hooker) was doing well in the Junior Cup. And she theorised they wouldn't get pregnant until they were knocked out/won. On they went with no success for months and my dad's team went on to win the cup and the next moth my mum was pregnant! So even though I suspect it's just a coincidental anecdote (and kind of want to wash my brain of all the images that story brings to mind) I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get knocked up until my husband gets a 9-5.:P

Iguana I'm sorry you're so down :( my dh used to work stupid hours in the past & we were literally like ships passing in the night, he was on his way into work when I was coming home & vice versa.
    It would have been fairly common for me not to see him from a Sunday evening until the following Saturday morning. Its hard going :( Not long til the weekend though so fingers crossed you'll get to spend a bit of quality time with him then :)

Thanks Lucyfur x I think you should absolutely go for the course. If nothing it would be a great distraction from the sometimes torment of TTC & you would have a qualification in something you really enjoy at the end of it.
    I'm studying a course completely different to the job I'm in now. Its hard work at times but I know it'll be worth it in the long term & gives me extra peace of mind should my current job ever be in jeopardy :)

Barbiegirl, I think a holiday is an excellent idea. It'll be great to get away & have a distraction from the past few weeks.

Detectiv that's gas that you know the potential due date for each cycle :D though I suppose sometimes if I'm hopeful about a given month I would wonder ahead 9 months & daydream about what it'd be like :)
    Fingers crossed you'll be in luck this month :) There's always so much potential when it's O time.

Mareliada I agree with iguana, it might be worth getting a second opinion from another GP. Is there an alternative medication they could give your husband that would still help his symptoms but would be compatible with TTC?
    I hope your application for fostering is successful. It does appear to take some time to get through, but I have a few friends that have fostered & friends that were fostered themselves & it seems to be a very rewarding route to take x

Tigeress brill to hear from you! omg 17 weeks :eek: That has flown by! If you're in between your current clothes size but not quite big enough for maternity wear get yourself some waist extenders for the buttons on your trousers/skirts. It buys you an extra few inches of waist room til bump is big enough for maternity wear :)
    I was the same when I got to about 5 months, I seen pics of myself and I looked tubby instead of pregnant!
    Please do keep us up to date with how you're getting on. So exciting to think you're very close to the half way mark :)

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I had my blood test this morning, but the nurse couldn't tell me anything this morning, she told me to ring next week for my results.
    I explained I wanted it tested as day 3 of my cycle, but also to tell me if I had miscarried. She seemed a bit confused because I hadn't gone in for the test without a doctors referral/letter first (didn't realise it was required) so I'm going to ring my gp tomorrow to make sure its tested for both.

I'm actually pretty upbeat and not upset about it. Its a good sign really.
    The way I look at it is;
    1. The sperm motility must be ok to say they did their job
    2. I ovulated so at least that's working
    3. I (Think?) that my tubes might be ok, though not too sure
    4. If this was a miss, then its my 3rd so might warrant further investigation

I could be wrong, but I think it might help point in the right direction for the answer.
    Also, this might sound bad; but I would prefer if I'm going to lose to lose this early before I really knew I was pregnant, rather that a few weeks/months in when I am more emotionally involved.

I'm 7dpo and in the last 2 days I've had a good drop in temps from 36.3 to 35.8 (just above my coverline), here's hoping it's an implantation dip :)
    Also my boobs haven't started hurting yet which is unusual for me with AF only a week away.
    Please God let these be good signs!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Thank you ladies, ye're all great :D

Fingers crossed for you MS2011!

• Advertisement

Fingers, toes & everything else crossed for you Ms2011! Here's hoping for a BFP for you in a few weeks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement