Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Tigress and Cap, thanks for the well wishes x

Temps have spiked back up to 36.2, all good signs but as we all know that doesn't always lead to the outcome we want. Gonna start testing next week, not sure what day, I'm so afraid of getting a negative result, at least while I haven't tested I still have hope :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Pmsl Neyite & your dildo cam :D Isn't it amazing also the power chocolate has over us :D

Newbie the very best of luck with your interview. Sorry AF is on the way. I feckin HATE those few days before she arrives when you start to wonder 'what if' only for her to appear :mad:

How are our prego ladies Tigeress & Dublinlady keeping? We need some happy stories to encourage us menstrual chocolate mad women here ;):D

Sorry for the delayed response, i was off on my hols to the sunshine for a week ! :)
    Barbiegirl - i think a hol is a great idea for you and i hope ya really enjoy it, its sometimes nice just to get away from it all and remember who you were before ttc became so consuming, as it is for so many of us:o

Cap - im sorry to read about your chemical pregnancy - i had one before i had my miscarraige and its horrible. I think i felt ripped off as i had not had a chance to even experience the pregnancy...knowing it happened as something just wasnt right with the baby just doesnt really help much either, so i hope your doing ok, you seem to have a great and positive attitude about it, actually i got pregnant the month after my chemical pregnancy now that i think about it, that one didnt end well but that was not related! fingers crossed!

Ms2011 - good luck with the last week of your wait, and good luck to anyone waiting at the moment!

Well im doing good really, my hol was fab! it really helped to take my mind off all the possible outcomes of this pregnancy! I have a scan on monday (ill be 9 weeks 1 day then) to see if the smaller twin is coming along ok, well i suppose to see if both of them are developing well. Im so so so incredibly worried about vanishing twin syndrome as apparently it happens in 30% of twin pregnancies :eek:
    Now that ive gotten used to the idea of twins...well i really cant imagine anything else! I feel like these are my babies, as in that i am really meant to hold and love these ones...and watch them get older, i just realy hope that can happen!
    Its awful really , i spent so much time worrying about ttc, now im worrying about miscarrying or loosing one twin, im not sure when the worry will stop...if ever!!!:o
    I cant complain symptoms wise really tho, ive only slight nausea and indigestion, v.sore boobs, im tired, but thats it, some days i feel quite normal!! and then i worry......:rolleyes:
    i've told my family, they are so unbelieveably excited! My OH wants to wait until after mondays scan before telling his which is fair enough too!
    All i can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! Ive had no sign of anything being wrong, like no spotting or anything, and no major cramps since week 5-6. please god let this be right for us...

I really love this thread and read it all the time, i've made so many firends on here who i care about so much, i'll be praying and hoping you can all join me and tigeress soon, and then we'll all have to have a big meet up with all the babies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

dublinlady wrote: »
    im not sure when the worry will stop...if ever!!!:o

It NEVER stops! :D

Glad you enjoyed your holidays and fingers crossed for Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a mill Dublinlady. I think because it seems to be the case that you're supposed to be more fertile/have higher chances of conception after a miscarriage that I'm getting my hopes up a little that next month might be my month.

Omg so exciting for you getting a scan Monday, best of luck!!

I found once I reached the end of the first trimester I did relax a little. I had spotting earlier in the pregnancy (8/9 weeks). So once I got to the end of the first trimester with no further bleeding & scans looking good I was able to relax a bit more :)

Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing holiday. With two little baba's growing I'd imagine you can do with as much rest as possible!

DL it's great to hear you are feeling so good, I'd love a holiday myself at the moment to recharge the 'ole batteries :D
    Best of luck with the scan on Monday, hope both babas are doing well x

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We decided we cant really book a holiday until we know how much we will be spending in the clinic. Hopefully all going well, I get knocked up soon and we can celebrate by lying in the sun for 2 weeks, but any spare cash at the moment is aimed at babymaking.

Best of luck to the two week waiters!

Dublinlady - so glad you got a holiday - bet it was well needed. Twins are so exciting, Hope your scan brings good news on the babies.

I have my clomid scan next friday so if that goes well I should get my trigger shot and have all weekend to do the deed. Himself is still off the smokes, but lapsed a little yesterday when we were out having a few drinks, but, he woke up today again a non-smoker so thats good enough for me. I've been there and know I had a few false starts before I kicked it for good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

mareliada wrote: »
    hi again, thanks for suggestions.
    i have been off pill 4years, i know my cycle inside out thankfully or ironically it works like clockwork!
    coming off anti dep for a few days is what the gp's recc and it is just not an option as he feels dizzy sick headaches not to mention psychological effects so not conducive to feelign in the mood!
    my lil sis is preg now so this has really brought it into focus for me!
    thanks so much to those who took time to reply, this is first time and only place i can discuss this.
    we have applied to foster, itshard to get approved but hopfly for us it will work out. im gonna stay partof this though, tks again

I might have some good news for you. I was reading about herbal fertility aids and I found out about a herb that has proved successful in clinical tests in improving both libido and sperm quality in men who are taking SSRI anti-depressants. It's a South American root vegetable called "maca." You can buy it online as a supplement, or maybe in healthfood shops http, ://www.evergreen.ie/saras-choice-maca/p-199313pd.aspx It's regularly eaten as a food in Peru and Bolivia so should be completely safe to take. It's supposed to improve women's fertility too.

Small-scale clinical trials performed in men have shown that maca extracts can heighten libido and improve semen quality,[20][21] A small double-blind, randomized, parallel group dose-finding pilot study has shown that Maca root may alleviate SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction.[22] Maca does not affect sex hormone levels in humans, and has not been shown to act on hormones directly. It has been presumed that maca's hormone-normalizing effects may be due to the root's unique nutritional profile, which provides optimum levels of nutrients utilized by the body's endocrine system.[23] In addition, maca has been shown to increase mating behavior in male mice and rats.[24] A recent review states "Randomized clinical trials have shown that maca has favorable effects on energy and mood, may decrease anxiety and improve sexual desire. Maca has also been shown to improve sperm production, sperm motility, and semen volume."[19]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maca_%28plant%29

A list of stockists of the powder; http://www.saraschoice.com/?page_id=35

More info; http://www.peruvian-maca.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi ladies
    Just checking in, I miss this thread as Tigress said, the pregnancy thread isnt half as active!
    i often think of you all and check in to see how you are doing. Neyite my advice to u is be sure to do the deed before the pregnly shot and have the boys ready and waiting for the egg :)

Well my news is Im almost 15weeks and feeling great, very tired but not sick. In the past few days Iv started feeling flutterings and weird sensations :D so im thrilled. We had a scan during the week and saw our little button kicking up a storm :D
    My boobs are still tender and are getting bigger (well so my hubby has told me and also my bras are becoming very uncomfortable :o)

best of luck everyone
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi ladies,

Dublinlady- all the best tomo must be very exciting.

So I had my day 21 blood test today to see if the clomid is working or not. Went in the afternoon so ha to sit in the ER surrounded by pregnant women! Anyway I have my consultant appointment on Tuesday mooring and I'm going armed with questions! I want to be scanned whilst having clomid to see why I am not ovulating on it- are my follicles non existent, too small, or just not growing enough to explode! Then what's the next step? When do they do the laposcopy? What else can I take to kick start me ovulating?

Good luck 2 week waiters!

CD31, no sign of period, negative tests on CD29 and CD31. So frustrated, I'm always very regular on agnus castus, but now I'm late but with negative tests. I just wish my period would show up and let me move on to the next cycle. (Especially when we've made the decision to get tests this month.) Weirdly my pms cramps have almost disappeared, I feel like I usually do on CD3 or 4. Slightly stretched and crampy but nothing severe or too distracting. My boobs are sore and tight though.

I had a rotten night sweat last night, I woke up completely soaked at about 4.30am. I even had to change the sheets. I figured that was my progesterone levels dropping and my period would follow within a few hours. I even had cramps at that point. But since I got up this mornings, nada. No period, no proper cramps.

If it's not come by morning I'll take a digital test. I'd love it to come up positive after all, obv. But I don't feel like I am. Just suffering through another of nature's tricks.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DL, best of luck with the scan tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Everyone else chins up...

I am feeling pretty crappy today. My husband is away with work all this week. I normally dont mind but this time I feel really down about it. He had gone for a night ot two since the M/C but this is the first time he will be away all week. Dreading it. Had a good cry after he left this evening and then a big bowl of hagan daazice cream to cheer myself up. Didnt work.

To make matters worse, didnt feel like hand wasking all my bras so decided to but them in the washing machine on a hand wash cycle but... forgot to change the damn setting and they went into spin at 1600. lots of ruined bras with wires poking out. Had another cry over that. Wouldnt mind so much only I only got 3 of the bras a couple of weeks a go and they cost almost 100 euro.

Going out to dinner with a friend tomorrow night so hopefully mood will have lifted by then.

Hey guys,
    Well we have one healthy baby, but sadly we have miscarried one baby :(
    It's awful... Don't really know how to feel, one baby showed 9 weeks with strong heart rate of 176bpm but the other was just 7 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat. They said I should go on to carry my one baby and may not even have any bleeding or sign or miscarriage, we just have to hope the healthy one is a fighter I suppose. It's just so hard to go from pregnant, to pregnant with twins, back to one. My heads all over the place. I have pics of both babies, it's horrible to see the little one there with nothing I can do to help it. Apparently it will just vanish... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Big hugs Dublin Lady, you poor thing. Being happy to have your one baby doesn't mean you can't be sad and mourn for the little lost one. Your surviving baby will always have it's own special angel.

My mum is a twin, though her twin was still born, she always counts herself as one, and believes that she's always watched over her.

Big hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

aaww, so sorry to hear the news DL, that is just awful. I hope number 2 fights on. You have been on a roller-coaster of emotions since you found out, here's hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes uneventful. Thinking of you x

phew - hectic weekend, wedding dress shopping with my sis.
    well I'm in the two week wait. I ovulated somewhere between Friday and Saturday. As far as sex is concerned I have my bases covered. I think himself thinks it's 'going to happen' this month because of the surgery so I feel a bit of extra pressure, but I refuse to obsess. Well, maybe just a little ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Dublinlady I'm so sorry for your loss x I hope & pray your other baby is a sticky & a fighter. I hope you're ok.

DL fingers & toes crossed for you this month, hope the 2ww flies!

Caroline I hope you're ok, I've done that with bra's before :o

Iguana how did you get on with the digital test? I thought it was very hot last night too I couldn't sleep.

I'm going to bite the bullet & invest in one of the clearblue digital monitors & see if that helps. Anythings worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah DL I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be a ball of emotion, *hugs* chick xx

Hugs to you too Caroline, hope you're doing ok hun. I'm mental busy this week but you're more than welcome to pop down for a coffee any evening:)

Decision made. We're going for it:) Will give it one more cycle, just to make sure everything has healed, and then we're back on the TTC wagon :D

DL so sorry to hear about the loss of your twin, it must be so hard being excited for one baby but so sad to have lost another. I have my fingers crossed for you remaining twin, he/she sounds like a fighter though :)

Best of luck with you tww DFT, I hope this is your month x

As for me I'm not feeling as hopeful as I was last week. I gave in and test this morning at 10dpo and got a stark white BFN. I know it's still early and your not out until AF shows but I've been feeling crampy all day, my boobs are getting more sore and my temps have fallen, with only 6 days or so until AF is due things aren't looking too hopeful, sometimes you just know.... :(:( Feeling extra sad because OH had his hopes up this month, I'm dreading disappointing him :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

DL I'm so very sorry for the loss of your twin.. It must be so hard on you hun :( I honestly don't know what to say.. I hope you're doing ok & it looks like baby 2 is a fighter! I hope the rest of your preg goes uneventful hun, my thoughts are with you and your OH xxx

Caroline, I hope you're ok hun! I fin it impossible to go one night without my OH let alone a week! I hope it flys through for you x

Yey Lucyfur great to hear your news of TTC again :) here's hoping for a sticky bean x

DFT & all others on the 2ww I hope it flys with some good news at the end :)

MS2011 keep positive hun! I I've my fingers & toes crossed!

Iguana how'd the test go this morning?!

Dublinlady, I'm so sorry about the loss of the smaller baby. I know this is going to be such a confusing time but hopefully the bigger one will keep on growing and you can take comfort in him/her.

Caroline, I hope your dinner with your friend is keeping the lonely feelings away.

Lucy, well done on making the decision to get back in the game. Hopefully it will work out well.

Ms2011 & DFT, I know that feeling. Last month my husband was so sure I was pregnant, I hated having to break the news when I wasn't.

As for me, I got up late this morning and didn't test. I'm probably being stupid but I hate the thought of getting a negative and then having to keep on waiting for my period to eventually show. At least if it shows up tonight I can just be a little disappointed for a bit and then move forward. I'm not sure what's going on my abdomen. I'm definitely feeling full and heavy but I wouldn't describe it as cramps and often it just disappears and I feel nothing at all. I'll probably test tomorrow, but I'm feeling weirdly zen about it at the minute and I've been so nutty all month I'm sort of enjoying this calm.

• Advertisement

Iguana - TEST TEST TEST :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

p.s. sorry to ruin your zen-ness! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh I'm with DFT, test.....NOW....:D

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Your surviving baby will always have it's own special angel.

Thats probably the most comforting thing anyone could ever say to me :)
    Its such a lovely lovely thought.

Im so sad and feel that the bigger baby will just be taken from me too.... i feel like it will never work out. im so angry. I know thats all so negative and that i need to be positive for the sake of my little baba but i just cant help feeling that it always go wrong :( Im afraid to get optimistic or attached to my baby now...and then feel guilty about that. oh god this is a minefield of emotions! Thankgod for work....gives me some respite during the day!!!
    thankyou all so much for ur support and for being so kind, i'd hate for you to think im ungrateful for my baby, its the last thing im trying to portray...i just...i dunno....im worried i'll loose it too and i dont know how id get over that.
    So messed up!

Iguana - im with DF.....TEST TEST TEST!!!! :p

DF- hope the wedding dress shopping went well!!! fingers crossed the positive feelings are right and that this is ur month!!

Thanks again to all of u...i know im pregnant and on this thread still but honestly feel i dont belong anywhere else at the mo!! limbo....

Ill sleep tonight with the comfort of thinking of my baby being protected by its own special angel. and i think if this baby survives...ill tell it about its guardian angel too, its just the nicest thought, x

DL try not to feel guilty about how you're feeling. Of course you are going to be fearful and thinking the worst, but that will pass as that little baba grows and takes shape. You have every right to feel the way you do. Let all the feelings wash over you, you need to experience them to heal. Aww thinking of you hon xxx there's a raft of angels up there looking down on this board and minding us all, I firmly believe that

I can't test yet. Don't know why. I just picked up a test on the way to the bathroom but had to put it back on the shelf. I'm like one of those annoying tv characters who think they are pregnant but don't take a test for <insert completely spurious reason> because the writers want to drag it out until the end of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DL, I have no words to comfort you but can listen. Please pm me if you want to talk. I know only to well the heartbreak. Its a bitter/sweet time for you. Barbie is so right about you little Angel. Cry, shout, kick do what you need to.

Iguana, only test when you feel you want to. You will know when the time is right. xxx

DFT. FB me with all the shopping details. God, I love shopping.

Lucy, thanks. We will catch up for that coffee. Crazy you are only a skip down the road.

Barbie. How are you, hopefully getting ready for holidays

Cap. You ok hun. lovin our FB chats

I went for dinner with my friend tonight and had a lovely night. Good chat and girly gossip. I needed a hand bag and shoes chat. Kind of feeling in limbo, wondering what the future holds. Will I ever be a mum, all the names I always liked wizzing around in my head. I sat down counted the number of M/C and cried. So many, so many dreams gone. Have my mind set on (trying) to enjoy the so called summer, get over due date, lose some of the weight gain and then try again but this has to be the very last time. The what if time.

Also poor hubby has come down with a tummy bug but still has to work, i feel so upset for him. Roll on the weekend. I need my snuggles back.

I'm sorry you are feeling so down Caroline, you really have been through the wars on this journey. I think you are very brave to give it this try. You are honestly an inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Dublin Lady - so sorry for your loss but do try and stay stronger for your little fighter.

As for me - just got back from my appointment :-( so after taking the 100mg of clomid my day 21 levels were just 1! that's even lower than the 2 i got on clomid 50mg. So he has taken me off clomid. He wants me to have the HSG done - which im petrified about and then to go back to him in 3 months and then he will decide what to do - either a laposcopy or clomid again! Its devastating - sooooo upset although i should be happy because my husbands low sperm motility has resolved :-) He said if we were 10 years older he would be sending us for IVF but because we are in our late 20's wont. So heartbreaking because if that is the road we have to go down i just want to start it. So disappointing month after month after month of nothing - not even AF visits unless it is drug induced!

• Advertisement

nicky, might you have PCOS? apparently PCOS sufferers don't respond well to clomid, and are usually given Femara (Femara is a breast cancer drug but is used off label for fertility issues). I think it would be totally pointless for you to wait 3 months only to go back on Clomid. Maybe try 150mg next month?
    The HSG won't tell you much but will clear out your tubes in the event there's a blockage - I say go for it, I can uderstand you being worried about the pain but I've heard a couple of Neurofen + an hour before works a treat (add vodka if you wish :p ) good luck with whatever you decide ;)

CarolineSpring, you're very brave trying again, you truly are, hats off to ya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement