Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Im doing good really, i suppose i've sort of come to terms with the loss of one twin as much as i can at this stage. It has become easier even in the last week to focus on the healthy baby. Im so extremely worried about losing it to tho....it all just feels so fragile now. I have an appointment next thursday which will hopefully put my mind at ease, as ill be 11 and a half weeks then and if i see the baby is still alive and well i feel i will be able to start to believe in it! , x

It's a tough situation DL and you are handling it so well. Isn't it so strange how life can be; you get what you really wanted but it's never asyou expected. Good luck with your hospital appointment. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Sorry this wasnt your month DFT but don't totally rule yourself out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

MaryShanahan welcome on board :)

Custard Cream, I can very much relate to the dangers/temptations of Ebay :D

Detectiv, I'm sorry you got a negative:( fingers crossed you're not out of the game just yet. I hope you enjoy your week off next week. Here's hoping you get a nice bit of weather to enjoy those beers in :)

Lucyfur, hope you're enjoying the surfing! How much longer do you need to wait to start trying again? Hopefully the time will fly by :)

Neyite I hope you're ok after the pregnyl, that sounds painful :( fingers crossed it'll be worth it though :)

Dublinlady, I think its only natural to be nervous. I hope that passes soon though & you start to enjoy your pregnancy :)

Newbie, how is the new job going? Hope you're settling in well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

thanks guys. Feeling a bit depressed today, PMS is kicking my ass.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Awe sorry to hear you're down DFT :( hope it doesn't last too long x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hows everybody in here?

I have been really tired this week, even going to bed earlier that 11 twice which is unheard of with me, usually I'm like a kid fighting sleep till the bitter end.

I am about 7dpo, assuming that I ovulated last Sunday, as a result of the jab on friday. Because of the HCG in the jab, I cant test until at least halfway through the second week in August, as it can show as a false positive. I am going to be good and obey the nice Nursie. I would fall to pieces if I got my first ever positive only to be told, "sorry, thats the hormones we pumped you full of 2 weeks ago"

Apart from the waiting around, I am otherwise grand. Boyfriend has given up the fags again this weekend - he lapsed after a week off them when we went on a session after saturday shopping a couple of weeks ago, but Im still very proud of him. I used to smoke and fell off the wagon a couple of times before I knocked them on the head. Besides, to take his mind off the fags, he gets stuck into the cleaning. Me likey :D.

Detective, sorry to hear you are starting a new cycle, I know you had high hopes after the Lap, but I hope that this new cycle is for you. Its good to have a plan though. I've used up 2 outta 3 goes on the Ovulation Induction. Next month is the last, then its back to the consultant probably to discuss IUI. But I feel calmer having a tentitave plan -like we are somehow in control of it a bit more and not leaving it up to the fates.
    By the way, thanks to your sig, I have just finished watching Game of Thrones, and am eagerly waiting on the next series. Might have to get the books.:)

• Advertisement

thanks Neyite.
    I really don't know how you can hold off testing, fair play to you. If it were me I'd be testing out the trigger from Day 1!:o I just wouldn't be able to resist. My OH is still off the fags, can't believe it, I'm very proud of him, he was grumpy for a couple of weeks but that was about it! I hope it lasts this time round....

Well girls, you'll be very proud of me. I got an iPhone today and the first app I downloaded was Couch to 5K. There were some versions that you pay for but I downloaded the free one, it looks good, I tested it out (as I sat on my couch, ironically!). I'll commence on after my weeks holliers next week.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend and that we see some BFP's (Big Fat Positives) soon! xoxo

p.s. Neyite - Game of Thrones is the nuts isn't it? I don't know if they ever set up a forum for it, can't see one under Television. I stole the siggy from someone else but the shortcut to the thread didn't copy to my siggy. Can't wait for it to start up again, that and, Boardwalk Empire - if you haven't watched the first season buy it!
    I love my boxsets - swoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

There's a thread on parenting titled ''Am I being over charged for cm?''....I giggle every time I read it...I'm so used to CM being cervical mucus and not child minder....ahhh I'm easily amused lol

DFT I'm so sorry you didn't get your positive this month, I'm sure you will next month, your body was battered with all you went through last cycle xxx

AFM...well, we're not exactly being careful the last few days...Have to admit, it was very strange going back to using condoms:o
    I feel alot less obsessive about getting pregnant, though that'll probably change when we're actively:p trying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hi Ladies, I'm still stalking this thread, hope nobody minds :o

DFT, I'm sorry you didn't get your positive this month, I hope your PMS is easing off for you x

Neyite I'm so excited to see how you get on this month, that tiredness you mentioned is a good sign :)

Lucyfur I hope your 'fun' results in some good news :p

Am over it now Ms2011, only lasts a day or two;). How are you feeling these days? Any symptoms yet?

Lucfur, pmsl, I always think the same when I see 'cm'! :p

• Advertisement

Am over it now Ms2011, only lasts a day or two;). How are you feeling these days? Any symptoms yet?

Glad you're feeling better, it's not bad enough that AF shows up but she has to annouce her arrival with PMS :rolleyes:

Ah I'm grand, cautiously taking each day as it comes :):cool:
    Boobs are still pretty sore, some cramping and stretching going on in there, oh and I'm peeing like a trooper but other than that I have to keep reminding myself I'm pregnant :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hello Ladies :)

Hope your all enjoying the bank holiday weekend! Pity about the weather tho!!:rolleyes:

Neyite - Interesting set of symptoms your gathering there!! COuld it be the HCG jag thats making u so tired? Not to get ur hope up but for the week before my period was due i was incredibly tired when i got pregnant! But then it may be a side effect of the injection? oh the mind games these things play on us! I think ur dead right waiting intil the second week in Aug to test as there would be nothing more depressing than a false positive! Altho as DFT said..bloody hard not to test!! Hang in there, hopefully it will be worth the wait!! :D

DFT - Congrats on ur Iphone!! haha! I LOVE mine!! The couch to 5k is really good! Its something good to get your teeth into when you get back from your hols! You'd be surprised how addictive it can be! You get so proud of yourself for getting through it!! Id also recommend the RTE news now app - as the entertainment section is fab for gossip :o And whatsapp, viber, and shazam are all good apps too!!

Lucyfur - Enjoy not being careful!!! and also enjoy not actively trying! Something very liberating about it! You get so used to purposeful, planned sex that sometimes you forget how much fun it used to be!!:o

All good with me really - looking forward to and dreading thursday, but at least its soon now and then i'll know how things are going either way. Still no bleeding at all since i lost one twin, i want to know exactly whats going on with that and make sure everything is doing as its meant to be. Thinking of purchasing an ultrasound machine for myself at home...haha only 20 or 30 grand id say....but for the peace of mind!! :D:p:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

p.s. Neyite - Game of Thrones is the nuts isn't it? I don't know if they ever set up a forum for it, can't see one under Television. I stole the siggy from someone else but the shortcut to the thread didn't copy to my siggy. Can't wait for it to start up again, that and, Boardwalk Empire - if you haven't watched the first season buy it!
    I love my boxsets - swoon!

I LOVE Boardwalk Empire! Glued to it last year - have been fed up waiting for the next series, and now adding Game of Thrones to my list of things to be impatient about!
    dublinlady wrote: »
    Hello Ladies :)

Hope your all enjoying the bank holiday weekend! Pity about the weather tho!!:rolleyes:

Neyite - Interesting set of symptoms your gathering there!! COuld it be the HCG jag thats making u so tired? Not to get ur hope up but for the week before my period was due i was incredibly tired when i got pregnant! But then it may be a side effect of the injection? oh the mind games these things play on us! I think ur dead right waiting intil the second week in Aug to test as there would be nothing more depressing than a false positive! Altho as DFT said..bloody hard not to test!! Hang in there, hopefully it will be worth the wait!! :D

ooooOOO! would be lovely to be knackered for the right reason :). Could be the HCG, but another reason would be like winning the lotto!
    wrote:
    DFT - Congrats on ur Iphone!! haha! I LOVE mine!! The couch to 5k is really good! Its something good to get your teeth into when you get back from your hols! You'd be surprised how addictive it can be! You get so proud of yourself for getting through it!! Id also recommend the RTE news now app - as the entertainment section is fab for gossip :o And whatsapp, viber, and shazam are all good apps too!!

:o I have fell off the Couch to 5k wagon :o. I will make a bigger effort this week. Promise. DFT, Angry Birds and Flight Control are addictive games to download for your Iphone.

... and I long for the day when CM means Child Minder :D My OH and I are at the stage where we are all awed when people announce a pregnancy, now that we know all the minute steps involved in the process from ovulation to, well, birth really. Its so complex, I think that if you asked us to build a spaceship we would feel more optimistic that its do-able. But having had one OI cycle done, we are feeling positive at the moment. only 10 more days or so to testing!

Hi all,

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend :)
    Detectiv I'm so tempted to get an iphone especially when theirs app's on it that might spur me off my ass & out to do some exercise! I just can't get used to touch screens at all :o

Ms2011 & Dublinlady, its good to hear your respective pregnancies are going well :)

Lucyfur, that's gas, wouldn't fancy being charged for the CM I'd have in mind :D

Neyite, please tell me you'll take my other half in for training - him cleaning instead of smoking? that's my idea of bliss :D
    That has to be so hard to wait so long to test, fingers crossed it'll be a positive :)
    I'm desperately undisciplined when it comes to testing for either ovulation or pregnancy, I find it very difficult not to test when there's a test close at hand :o

I'm feeling quietly positive with the maca supplements.I didn't find any result at first, I am noticing that I have a bit more energy with it.
    As for the CM (not the childminder ;):D) it is in abundance this month, so much so that I didn't bother testing with an opk. I really hope this is a good sign!
    We've given it our best shot over the weekend, so commencing the 2 week wait as of now. Fingers crossed!

Just out of curiosity...I am CD20 today, I was going to go for my second blood test on Tuesday; but does it need to be exactly 7 days after ovulation? Would I be better off waiting til later in the week? (I ovulated CD19)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Newbie, how is the new job going? Hope you're settling in well :)

I'm not starting new job until the end of August. So want to get pregnant now but dread the thoughts of having to tell them so soon after accepting a new job but hey, that's life!!!

On CD14 today and CM beginning to increase so hope to ovulate in next few days. fingers crossed (again)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Over the last week 3 of my friends have given birth to beautiful babies (2 girls and a boy) Have to say I did find it really hard. On saturday we went to visit my good friend and her 3 day old baby. I spent a hour holding the baby and thinking as I ever going to be doing this with my own baby??? Felt my heart break a little. At the end of the day what will be will be.

Found myself a little withdrawn yesterday, so we didnt do much. Just went for a early dinner and watched telly. All the babies hit my husband hard as well and as he said we will deal with this together.

Had coffee with another friend this morning and guess what... yep, she is expecting. Bloody baby boom!!!

On day 3 of my cycle, have never really had to counted!!! Feel I am going to join all you lovely ladies in the CD chats!!! Each month we tried we always got a result but the hanging in bit just was the thing, anyway feel it will be no harm to get to know my cycle.

So ladies, have a good week, those of you on holidays have a blast, Lucy enjoy the bonking!! Welcome to all the new ladies.

Newbie, sorry I thought you had started already; I thought it was a fast start! Fingers crossed for this months cycle!

Caroline I'm sorry you had such a tough weekend :(
    I know no matter how much you are happy for the friends who had the baby, it is still hard when you long so much for one yourself.

Hopefully you will be holding your own baby in the future and soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning all. Well I had a nice enough weekend. Just chilling out really. I met my friend on Saturday morning. She had a baby a few weeks ago.
    Ultimately she started with the whole, when are you having a baby, you shouldn't leave it too long etc. So as usual I had to just sit there are smile and laugh and say that we aren't in too much of a rush etc. Oh and another friends husband had the cheek to ask me if I was pregnant cause I wasn't drinking on Saturday night!!

My OH was at the doc the other day and was telling him that we are TTC. He was really great and said if I wanted to come in for a chat and get my blood work done it would be no problem at all. He also said not to read too much into the statistics of being over 30. The main thing is to eat healthy, take the vitamins, get some exercise and get to know my cycle. He also gave us some good advice on waiting to have sex on the run up ovulation due to my OH's illness a few years ago. So I'm feeling very positive this month:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Caroline, I'm do sorry you're feeling down, it's completely understandable though! After my 2nd MC my best friend got preg straight away & I was devestated but it's all worked out for me & I really hope you get to hold your baby v soon, that little baby will be so loved :) good luck with learning your cycle :)

Custard, the cheek of him! I swear people just assume those things and never think you might just not want to drink.. So glad to hear how positive you are about this month! I'll have my fingers crossed :)

DL nearly scan day!!! Can't wait to hear how you get on xx

MS & Quin, how are you ladies doing?

As for me I've hit the halfway mark this week! It still feels so surreal to be honest.. No movements yet but Doc said nothing to worry about as it can be 22 weeks before I feel anything. To be honest I'm happy just plodding along! From what I've read & hear when you start feeling movement it can be loads one day & nothing for a few days (which I know I'll be worrying about) lol. On other news I was in work yest when a customer screamed cause 3 baby mice ran across the floor :( yuck! I'm being over cautious being preg but that really freaked me out, where there is 3 babies there are adults & prob more eek! I'm off today so hoping they sort something today to Get rid of them!

Hope the 2 week waiters are doing good :)

Congrats on the new job Newbie and best of luck this month x

Caroline so sorry you are feeling down, it's so hard to be happy for someone when they get the one thing you've always wanted. I really hope you get to experience holding your own baby one day soon x

Custardcream I'm glad you have a nice doctor, that can make all the difference.
    I don't really drink that much so often I will drive when I go out and not drink at all and in the begining I used to always get the 'are you pregnant' questions which is pretty annoying when your not :rolleyes:

Tigeress wrote: »
    MS & Quin, how are you ladies doing?

As for me I've hit the halfway mark this week! It still feels so surreal to be honest..

Gosh Tigeress, half way already, that's flying!!!! :)
    I'm 5wks 4days and the time seems to be dragging:o Got my first 'sick feeling' this morning just to remind me that baba is in there :)

Hope everyone else is doing good x

• Advertisement

Whats worse than the two week wait? The two-and-a-half week wait. :p
    I still have to wait another week before I can test...

Its a bit quiet in here - must be lots of 'trying' going on ;) Good luck to all this cycle!

I'm PMS'ing so badly I'm half afraid to open my mouth cos I KNOW an insult will come out if I do lol

ETA...NOT an insult to anyone here....sweet jesus somebody hand me a shovel

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm PMS'ing so badly I'm half afraid to open my mouth cos I KNOW an insult will come out if I do lol

ETA...NOT an insult to anyone here....sweet jesus somebody hand me a shovel

Haha, don't worry about it as I have felt like that for the last few months!!!!

If anyone else tells me they are expecting I am going to go crazy. Just off the phone from a friend who is.... guess what.. yip..

Had coffee with my 38 year old friend this morning who is expecting her 5th child and is not a very happy bunny. She had her forst 3 kids in just under 2 years... yes, it can be done!!! 6 years later along came no 4 and now 7 years later no 5. Mad or what??? She is feeling very lost and lonely. My heart goes out to her but I slill feel envy.

One of my husbands close friends baby is also due today. I am just tired of buying baby cards and gifts and wishing it could be me with the baby.

Anyway back to work tomorrow after a very long weekend, much needed but still feeling tired. Was in doctors today for bloods. Still feel worn out. Think I need to start walking again. Last year was doing 4 miles (1 hour) 6 times a week and eating so well and had lost over 4 stone. Now had a load of weight up and feeling yuck. Bloody 3 chins and major jelly belly.

Hope you woinderful ladies are doing well and anyone who wants to me to add them on face book just PM your details. Loving my chats with some of you lovely ladies. Keeps me sane!!!!

I used to follow your diary on the food forum Caroline:)

I'm sluggish too and I know it's down to lack of exercise. Before the ectopic I was swimming and running every day, now I walk to the fridge and back haha. Spent the day puppy sitting for my mum, seriously tempted to get another doggy:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I used to follow your diary on the food forum Caroline:)

I'm sluggish too and I know it's down to lack of exercise. Before the ectopic I was swimming and running every day, now I walk to the fridge and back haha. Spent the day puppy sitting for my mum, seriously tempted to get another doggy:D

Will I could get back to eating like I was. I looked and felt fantastic. Big push now...

I like my man like I like my coffee. Strong, dark and intense and I am afraid if I got a dog it would have to be the same. Big, strong looking and very dark and sleek like a doberman. So don't think we will be getting a dog anytime soon. Just need to put my ass in gear and get moving again.

Oh I want a little fur ball I can put in my handbag!!

Neyite wrote: »
    Its a bit quiet in here - must be lots of 'trying' going on ;) Good luck to all this cycle!
    Good luck to you too! This months 2ww is feeling like a 2 month wait, only 3 days in & I'm whinging already :rolleyes::o

Caroline :eek: at all that walking, I've probably done less walking so far this year that you used to do in a week :o less of the 3 chins comments about yourself, I've seen your pic on fb & you are stunning, not the ogre you're painting yourself to be!

Pmsl at your edit Lucyfur :D I was like that last month. It was unusual as I'm lucky that I never get PMS & I'm generally an easy going person but omg I would have gladly clattered the first person to say 'boo' to me that day:o
    I prescribe a nice big bar of chocolate for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

I have all the signs of ovulation today so I can't wait to get home and try out the new ovulation sticks I got on ebay. My OH will think all his birthdays have come at once when he gets home from work :D

Caprilicous I don't envy your wait. It's such a pain.

Lucyfur a walk always makes me feel better when the PMS strikes. Granted I usually have a glass of wine and some chocolate later that evening but I try and console myself with the fact that at least I got some exercise in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Can't give full report now, buy yeah!!!! 11 weeks 5 days and scan showed the baba waving!! I started to cry.... Other sac almost gone, things looking good fir this baba! X x

• Advertisement

Himself had a dream last night that we had triplets :D

Apparently we were pretty laid back about it all, though he was a tad concerned for me (awww) prior to the birth because I was massive, but was happy out and so proud of me when I safely delivered two boys and a girl. Naturally they were totally gorgeous and cute. Then he woke up - that always happens doesnt it? :)

What a lovely dream. Now, if a third of that comes true we will be happy happy happy!

DL - I guess a bittersweet scan so? It must be so hard to have happiness and heartbreak all mixed up together, but hope that it was a happy moment for you nonetheless.

Lucyfur - my PMS manifests itself in the overdue bottle bank run. 3 weeks a month they dont bother me piling up a bit, but for a few days I want to smash them off something (or someone :o) Nothing else, just the bottles.

Cap, least Im not alone on the two week Sentence. hope it flies for you.

Custard Cream - drag him in by the ankles!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement