Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Oh Neyite, congratulations :D:D
    I had a sneaky look on here this morning to see if you`d posted and even I was disappointed when there was nothing by 11am :rolleyes:
    :)
    We`re all sexed out now and I`m crossing everything myself for this 2 week wait!!
    We didn`t wait for my first AF after m/c so we`ll see.
    Is there anything I should or shouldn`t do while I "might" get lucky??
    I`m not drinking tea/coffee/alcohol and continuing the folic acid...

Well, I happened to have 2 weekends on my two week wait that were alcohol heavy - now, I dont generally drink that much anyway, but even by my standards there was a fair few bottles of miller put away over both nights of both weekends. :o.

Now, I'm not suggesting that you get soused, but no harm to have a few - baby doesnt hook into your bloodstream that early anyway. Oh, and I also ate heaps of seafood, and was at a very smoky bbq with a bonfire and absolutly reeked of smoke. I have always had a massive mug of coffee in the morning, and still did this morning, but I will be cutting back on that in the next week or so.

So, eh yeah...not very healthy advice from me.:o

I just ordered my chinese without prawns. :p.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm embarrassed to admit that for the last few months I've been too nervous to have sex or even masturbate during the two week wait. In case my orgasm made my uterus contract and knocked the baby off the uterine wall.:o

Not a chance of that happening again.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

WOOHOO Neyite, so delighted for you :D:D xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

OMG Neyite!!!! Massive Congrats to you & your OH Hun! I'm soooo over the moon for you :) what a long journey you've had and how worth it, it will all be in 8 months time :D xxx don't worry too much about the cramps I had pretty severe ones but all is perfect with our little baba :) positive positive hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Baby74 wrote: »
    Grawns I might wait for you to test... best of luck with it x

Have you tested? Is no news good news? Fingers crossed for you. As for me I have zero patience ( not due to test until next wednesday) and will probably end up investing in a first response kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Oh My God I'm soooooooo pleased for you:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Still have a ridiculously big grin on my face for you Neyite:D

I'm confused. Got what I thought was my period last night( day 26, NEVER had a cycle shorter than 28 days). Possible TMI alert....Pinky-red CM and some blood...nowhere near enough to fill a pad. Had my little sad moment but not too bad as I didn't think we had timed things right this month. We were at a wedding so pulled myself together and got on with it. This morning, nothing. No bleeding since. Ever cycle since the ectopic gets stranger and stranger. I'm crampy so I'm expecting it to be full blown by morning but I just WISH my period would stop acting the clown and either just be here or not.

Sorry, am hormental :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Still have a ridiculously big grin on my face for you Neyite:D

I'm confused. Got what I thought was my period last night( day 26, NEVER had a cycle shorter than 28 days). Possible TMI alert....Pinky-red CM and some blood...nowhere near enough to fill a pad. Had my little sad moment but not too bad as I didn't think we had timed things right this month. We were at a wedding so pulled myself together and got on with it. This morning, nothing. No bleeding since. Ever cycle since the ectopic gets stranger and stranger. I'm crampy so I'm expecting it to be full blown by morning but I just WISH my period would stop acting the clown and either just be here or not.

Sorry, am hormental :D

Thanks hon for your good wishes. Could yours be spotting, or implantation bleed? Have you tested at all, I just wonder if your dates are erratic so too would be ovulation dates? I got so crampy, and backache, and totally hormental right up until about 4 hrs after testing positive. I even posted that my period was coming on here I was so certain and had all the signs.

Neyite wrote: »
    Thanks hon for your good wishes. Could yours be spotting, or implantation bleed? Have you tested at all, I just wonder if your dates are erratic so too would be ovulation dates? I got so crampy, and backache, and totally hormental right up until about 4 hrs after testing positive. I even posted that my period was coming on here I was so certain and had all the signs.

Just tested cos I'm an impatient fecker. Negative. Need chocolate, stat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Neyite a million congats to you!! What great news - and you thought you were getting your period!! I'm only sorry we won't be drug buddies this cycle but I know you'll be cheering me on from the sidelines! I have renewed faith in injects now, I really couldn't get the 19% success rate issue out of my head. Now I can't wait til next Thurs!
    And wow, 3 follies!!! My guess is twins :D:D Lets start a book!

Lucyfur, sorry for the negative. Its a bitch when your body play tricks like that.

AFM, I am hanging. had a wedding yesterday, went on all night too. I am on the couch with bag of Meanies in hand (I need the sodium :o ) and watching tv, bliss. OH in the kitchen cooking...

• Advertisement

Nicky987 wrote: »
    detective - he said at a glance things look ok but would get full results when im back with the consultant which isnt until another 6 weeks :-/ They had to have a few attempts so not sure if everything is ok?? He has kept me on provera but has stopped the clomid after two cycles as i just wasnt ovulating on it. Was you ovulating on the clomid but just not concieveing??

yeah I was ovulating but, looking back, I don't think I was producing viable eggs without the meds. I'd O very late in the cycle and my temp shift wouldn't set the world alight, 2 signs off a weak ovulation. My one and only pregnancy (albeit not successful) occurred when on Clomid so I suppose I shouldn't dis it too much...
    Clomid promotes better ovulation (all the right amount of hormones at the right time in cycle). They say that pregnancy is normally achieved within 3 cycles of taking it (I was the exception to that rule but we discovered other physical problems so Clomid was never gonna work for me on its own).:)

Neyite a million congats to you!! What great news - and you thought you were getting your period!! I'm only sorry we won't be drug buddies this cycle but I know you'll be cheering me on from the sidelines! I have renewed faith in injects now, I really couldn't get the 19% success rate issue out of my head. Now I can't wait til next Thurs!
    And wow, 3 follies!!! My guess is twins :D:D Lets start a book!

Lucyfur, sorry for the negative. Its a bitch when your body play tricks like that.

AFM, I am hanging. had a wedding yesterday, went on all night too. I am on the couch with bag of Meanies in hand (I need the sodium :o ) and watching tv, bliss. OH in the kitchen cooking...

I was thinking you'd be pleased that despite low odds, it worked. As you say, I will be cheering from the sidelines since I did all my homework anyway on the jabs. I had a bag of meanies for the first time in ages last weekend, and surprised at how damn good they were. On Thursday are you beginning the jabs to stimulate ovaries or trigger? What ones are you gonna be on?

Speaking of weddings, my due date is around a week after my sisters wedding. I am a bridesmaid so will be huge (anything to make the bride and others look svelte eh? ;))

Twins, you say? I would love that!!! :D I keep slagging the OH about triplets, he asks if i want a drink of water and I'm like "yeah, the 4 of us are thirsty" its driving him cracked with nerves, I better stop. He is going to reward himself with a long bath that he has been denied this past year tonight.

Just tested cos I'm an impatient fecker. Negative. Need chocolate, stat :D

*hands over massive bar of Green & Blacks*

Sorry to hear that hon, might still be a tad early, and you did test in the afternoon not the first morning pee....jus' saying'... not outta the running yet....:p

Well I *think* I'm starting the drugs on Thursday, that's my appt. date anyway. I should be CD3 or thereabouts so assuming we'll kick off asap? What day did you start on?
    As for the brand of meds, I'm not sure at all. I know the stim won't be Clomid though as I've been on it too long (recommended timeframe is max 6 cycles) and it has totally dried up my cervical mucous, so has now become an actual barrier to conception (ironic really).
    Lol at your OH having a bath, lifes little pleasures eh? ;)

Well I *think* I'm starting the drugs on Thursday, that's my appt. date anyway. I should be CD3 or thereabouts so assuming we'll kick off asap? What day did you start on?
    As for the brand of meds, I'm not sure at all. I know the stim won't be Clomid though as I've been on it too long (recommended timeframe is max 6 cycles) and it has totally dried up my cervical mucous, so has now become an actual barrier to conception (ironic really).
    Lol at your OH having a bath, lifes little pleasures eh? ;)

Yeah, CD3 sounds about right. I got my prescription for the next cycle about a week ago (to give chemist time to order any in I guess) which was Puregon for stimming and Ovitrelle for the trigger Puregon would have had to be started on CD4, 6,and 8, then scan on CD 10 and the Ovitrelle given then if mature follicles presented themselves. and I heard some good things about it - that it seemed to work for a lot of women that moved on from Clomid. I guess that why they were moving me on after my 3rd Clomid cycle.

Have you tried Preseed for the CM? Oh, I will be really rooting for you!

Yeah, CD3 sounds about right. I got my prescription for the next cycle about a week ago (to give chemist time to order any in I guess) which was Puregon for stimming and Ovitrelle for the trigger Puregon would have had to be started on CD4, 6,and 8, then scan on CD 10 and the Ovitrelle given then if mature follicles presented themselves. and I heard some good things about it - that it seemed to work for a lot of women that moved on from Clomid. I guess that why they were moving me on after my 3rd Clomid cycle.

Have you tried Preseed for the CM? Oh, I will be really rooting for you!

yeh have been using Pre~seed for over a year. I know it's sperm friendly and all that but I'd prefer if my CM was up to scratch, I hate all of this artificial assistance.... grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Lucyfur - i got a similar bleed 6 days before my period was due and it turned out to be an implantation bleed! I think it taes the hormones 3-5 days after implantation to be high enough to register a positive test, so i would try leave it for a few days, and sure at that stage you'll know if your period has come (fingers crossed not!!!)

Detective - all the very best with the new meds this cycle - i know the success rate ir tricy but seriously , the rate of natural conception is the same as in only 20% chance per cycle in two seriously fertile people!! So you have as much chance as anyone else, eep positive - it will def happen for you - i have a feeling :o also i had a freidn who used puregon and ovitrelle and now has a 2 and half yr old and is now bac trying the same thing for number 2!

Neyite - hope ur still on cloud 9! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!! If ur in Dublin i recommend merrion fetal health for an early private scan - thats where i went and found them v.good - just beside holles st!

I still have some sort of bug - feel completely wiped out and not able to eat much...getting enough boiled 7 up and toast down to do - but dying for my appetite to come back!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Lucyfur - i got a similar bleed 6 days before my period was due and it turned out to be an implantation bleed! I think it taes the hormones 3-5 days after implantation to be high enough to register a positive test, so i would try leave it for a few days, and sure at that stage you'll know if your period has come (fingers crossed not!!!)

Detective - all the very best with the new meds this cycle - i know the success rate ir tricy but seriously , the rate of natural conception is the same as in only 20% chance per cycle in two seriously fertile people!! So you have as much chance as anyone else, eep positive - it will def happen for you - i have a feeling :o also i had a freidn who used puregon and ovitrelle and now has a 2 and half yr old and is now bac trying the same thing for number 2!

Neyite - hope ur still on cloud 9! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!! If ur in Dublin i recommend merrion fetal health for an early private scan - thats where i went and found them v.good - just beside holles st!

I still have some sort of bug - feel completely wiped out and not able to eat much...getting enough boiled 7 up and toast down to do - but dying for my appetite to come back!!

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, I hope you feel better soon (Hugs) I am in Galway, and when I spoke to the nurse in the GFC she said to ring them on Monday to arrange a scan, so I will see what they say - God that sound really real! :eek:

God that sound really real! :eek:

lol :p

Am defo out this month. The witch is coming full force. I have cramps in my cramps.

DFT, everything crossed for you this cycle:)

• Advertisement

Am defo out this month. The witch is coming full force. I have cramps in my cramps.

DFT, everything crossed for you this cycle:)

Sorry to hear that Lucyfur. Crack open the wine for yourself, and curl up with a hot water bottle. Scowl at the OH and muppets on telly. Hope you feel better soon. xx

thanks hon x My cramps are notching up a gear too and my boobs are painfully tender. Hope your choccie is cheering ya up!;)

Ah thanks girlies :)

Am cuddled up on the couch. No wine or chocolate, boo...but did have a big dirty take away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

dublinlady wrote: »
    OMG NEYITE!!!!!!! Huge huge huge congratulations!!!! Ok so I'm hormonal and tired at the mo but started crying when I saw your post!!!!

Lol could've written exactly the same, feckin big lump in my throat here reading your post Massive massive congratulations Neyite!!!! I'm absolutely over the moon for you (& your other half!) such fantastic news!!!!

Baby74 & Applesock, any update on whether either of you tested yet? fingers & toes crossed for you both!
    Grawns - everything crossed for you also!not long til Wednesday :)

Lucyfur so sorry that you're out this month :( hope the takeaway was nice, wouldn't say no to a portion of steak in black bean sauce & a few won ton now mmmmm

Detectiv fingers crossed your new meds will mean you will enjoy the same success soon :)
    Fri.day wrote:
    Is there anything I should or shouldn`t do while I "might" get lucky??
    Yes - make the most of all the foods/drinks you enjoy (in moderation of course!) as if you are one of the unlucky one's prone to morning sickness when you get pregnant you wont be able for any of the nice grub.
    How I'd love a cup of tea that didn't taste like dishwater :D

awww on such a happy buzz now reading Neyites good news, does your heart good :D
    Raging I only found out now, for some reason I didn't get updates on the thread since I last posted, so sorry for the delay congratulating you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Baby74

Dectiv -you might still be in the running - its not up yet for you... fingers crossed for you its not your AF x

Lucyfur- has your AF defo arrived. I thought last week i was getting mine and then nothing.

Capri - whats your update I cant seem to find your post....

Oh and I still have tested yet - today im 4 days late. I even have a test in bedroom but i dont know why Im not running to do it - i guess having the feeling of "i could be pregnant" is just such a nice feeling. the bottom of my back is still achey and my boobs are pretty tender (the boobs thing is new for me) I know i will have to test soon!!!!

Dublingirl - hope you're feeling better soon.
    Neyite, you lucky girl - still thinkin how amazing after your long journey.

Baby dust to you all xx

Dectiv -you might still be in the running - its not up yet for you... fingers crossed for you its not your AF x

Lucyfur- has your AF defo arrived. I thought last week i was getting mine and then nothing.

Capri - whats your update I cant seem to find your post....

Oh and I still have tested yet - today im 4 days late. I even have a test in bedroom but i dont know why Im not running to do it - i guess having the feeling of "i could be pregnant" is just such a nice feeling. the bottom of my back is still achey and my boobs are pretty tender (the boobs thing is new for me) I know i will have to test soon!!!!

Baby dust to you all xx

God bless your patience!!! TEST!!!!

Period hasn't arrived yet...small amount of staining when I wipe sometimes (sorry TMI) but nothing full on yet. Still reckon I'm out cos I'm not sensitive to smells. Boobs are very tender which only happens when I'm pregnant. Wish my body would just stick to the symptoms I'm used to :rolleyes:

Baby dust to you all xx

Jaysis. I thought I was a saint waiting until my period was due and testing on the day. I would NEVER have lasted not testing for 4 days. D'ya like torturing yourself :pac:.

No, seriously, I do love that "I might be" feeling that I got so many times. I always had the sore boobs until I went on the Prolactin meds, so I was well used to it. I'm off them now. My boobs have had varying degrees of soreness ranging from "not too bad" to "OWWWWW" over the weekend. Sometimes knowledge is a bad thing. I keep poking them and worry if they are not sore enough.

You should do your test in the morning. I'll have my fingers crossed for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Neyite congrats that great new delighted for you :D:D

Lucyfur hope your ok

I still haven't tested i was going to this weekend, but i just don't feel like i am. Its like I've been moody and teary. Ive had the worst headache but not sure if that because I've been sort of stressed aswel. Boobs not tender or anything. My cycle was very short last month so I'm gonna hold out bait longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Baby74

Well think i will test this evening... and hopefully get BFP and then head to Doc tomorrow to get it confirmed!!!

Lucyfur are you even late???

Applesock...how many day late are you?

I was on parlodel for high prolacting.. started it about May... so im just hoping too that it worked. I have even stopped takin it just in case. As Endo said if i did get pregnant to stop it.
    I was also checking boobs :D to see where they getting more sore haha...

Anyway, i will keep you all updated,,, thanks for being here !!!
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Well think i will test this evening... and hopefully get BFP and then head to Doc tomorrow to get it confirmed!!!

Lucyfur are you even late???

Applesock...how many day late are you?

I was on parlodel for high prolacting.. started it about May... so im just hoping too that it worked. I have even stopped takin it just in case. As Endo said if i did get pregnant to stop it.
    I was also checking boobs :D to see where they getting more sore haha...

Anyway, i will keep you all updated,,, thanks for being here !!!
    x

Have fingers, legs, arms and toes crossed ya get a positive this evening!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement