Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving on the hard shoulder.

Options
  • 15-02-2008 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am not one to moan to alot about driving but this is something that annoys me to death. Today in our fantastic parking lot that is the M50 usual bumper to bumper, people flying up the hard shoulder to get to the next turn off, even though its about half a mile away, but today a feckin articulated truck decided he wanted to do the same. To me that takes the biscuit, cause its not like the hard shoulder has a massive amount of space anyway let alone for a truck. Can people not just wait a few extra minutes. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fast women

no!! they can't i saw it alot of times gardai don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Generally theres no real issues with extending the sliproad a bit. At the end of the day it gets traffic moving a bit more.

The people I have a big problem with are the ones who either pretend to be going off the road or are blatently skipping and then try to re merge with traffic (I include poeple doing this in Buslanes too). I've an even bigger problem with the people who let them in, idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Stekelly wrote: »
    Generally theres no real issues with extending the sliproad a bit. At the end op the day it gets traffic moving a bit more.

The people I have a big problem with is the ones who either pretend to be going off the road or are blatently skipping and then try to re merge with traffic (I include poeple doing this in Buslanes too). I've an even bigger problem with the people who let them in, idiots.

Agreed. I never let these gimps back in.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've seen eejits beckoning people in from the bus lane when they got to the point where the bus lane ended before. Felt like giving the muppet who let them in a blast of my horn. One thing letting someone in because they squeezed in and you wanted to avoid an accident, but another to be like "oh here, I've been here for 20 mins, I saved a space for you".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw a funny incident the other evening on the M50 N between Dundrum & Fairyhouse jcns. Traffic was heavy and moving very slowly.
    An unmarked car went flying up the HS as they do with lights flashing. A few minutes later a large van could be seen coming up the HS and an artic edged into the HS to block it. The van flashed the artic but he didn't budge. Another flash - nothing.
    The blue strobes came on then!
    Fair play to the artic IMO! He didn't endanger anyone - he moved well before the van was near him. Still, I presume that he could have been done for technically driving on a motorway HS.

The van had tinted windows and nothing that I could see to identify it as an unmarked garda vehicle. Still the garda inside who was trying to get past should have known better than to be texting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

I love to see people being caught by the garda for driving in bus lanes, i especially dont let them back into the proper lane when they realise that the gardai are stopping people ahead.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I refuse to let people in. Its amazing the people who barge there way out and nearly take the side of your car off trying to get back into lane.

More annoying are the fuquers who go over the off-ramp and then rejoin. I know its technically not illegal, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Stekelly wrote: »
    The people I have a big problem with are the ones who either pretend to be going off the road or are blatently skipping and then try to re merge with traffic (I include poeple doing this in Buslanes too). I've an even bigger problem with the people who let them in, idiots.

i agree totally. i used to go through the tunnel in Cork in rush hour while in a previous job and it always infuriated me to see these tossers fly up on the hard shoulder but the muppets who leave them in are worse.

i always left them f**k off when they tried to force their way in front of me :D. keep as close as possible to the car in front and keep them there.

if more people did this it wouldnt be happening because it wouldnt be worth it for them.

Advertisement