Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games/Lunchroom

Options
  • 15-02-2008 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Good Morning everyone!
    This is the most relevant forum I could find for my problem...

The company I work for has recently won a huge award, and boss man has decided to splurge 15k on the lunchroom by making it better...

So far we hav some cool stuff like Sky digital, couches, 42" HD, and we really want to create something unique!

We have already ordered a much needed foosball table to replace the crap one we have along with these other plans
    • Foosball table - Tornado F-5 top of the range competition table
    • PS3
    • Driving simulators for PS3
    • Pro Evo 08
    • More loungers
    • Another 42" for the PS3
    • Maybe a huge specked PC with all the classic arcades on it like street fighter, space incvadors, mario kart, which will also handle the latest games
    As i am on the committee for the spending of this money, i want people to be truly impressed, if not mind-blown by what we can do with it.

Pool table is too big, but please, please post any suggestions you have as they will be welcomed.

About the company:
    roughly 100 staff, lots of lads aged from 18-35, about 25% female, and ages right up to 62.

Go wild

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

This better not be Sitel -_- if so I want my job back! XD

Regarding the spends, well it would depend on what kind of company you are. While you may have a 75% male populas, I wouldn't advise you turn it into a gaming empire if you are let's say, cops!lol! But by the sounds of things you've got it covered there. If you want to sort out "who's who" and basically who's getting away with hogging the machine then you should get them to buy 2 or 4 "Rocker Gaming Chairs" from argos. The best ones I find are actually the cheapest one(around 100quid a pop) and his will ensure that no one is sitting there for too long without feeling like an asshole for not sharing!Decent TV(42 HD is loads!) and possibly an internet connection to the back of a PS3. At least this way it's a DVD/Blu Ray player too, even if it is just an episode of Frasier or something while your having your soup and wholegrain bread! ^^ Sky is wicked too. Maybe a decent vending machine or 3. One that doesn't seem infinitely stuck on "the last crap,probably out of date ploughmans sandwich"

And as it happens, while your getting all the boys toys and everything, try to make sure that the women are catered for. Maybe buy some new lights if you use floor lamps,put aside 2 or 300 for someone to buy chick mags every few days(Hello,OK etc etc) and leave them on the coffee table for them to glance through while the lads duel it out on tekken and what not!There might only be a few women there,they may not even be that attractive,but you should still treat the situation as thought there were equal numbers on both sides! :) wow......I'm not a bad guy.... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hearto83

Yea, i know, i kinda made it look like we just wanted games!!! Of course we don't, and we want to ensure everybody is included, welcomed and most inportantly happy.

We already have an internet connnection in the room, but never thought about hooking up the PS3!

Im not going to disclose too much, but its related to the motor industry!! Of course we are not cops, how absurd! i said we won an award!! :D lol

We have company wide foosball comps on all the time, and hogging machines is not a problem, as everybody speaks up and takes the turn when they are supposed to.

We have 2 vending machines already, and are stocked up every 2nd day, so its rarely ever out of anything!!

those chairs look pretty good too, caus we might see about getting a 360 as well for non-driving games...

we dont have overcrouding either, as departments stagger their lunches

Thanks for that help, and any other ideas, keep them coming!

Jukebox! Yeah we had something like this in our last place! It was basically just a PC with the computer part stashed well away from a wall mounted monitor and only the mouse visible,with a HHHUUUUGGEEE selection of music on it hooked up to some neat speakers. Always nice! Although I'm sure ye could purchase one of those put like wall mounted ones and just have it on free all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Forget the PS3 and get a Nintendo Wii. You'll find it used by groups of people far more than the PS3 would be. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I don't suppose you're hiring?:p
    I wouldn't say forget the PS3, but maybe get a Wii as well (I can only imagine how horrible it'll look on a 42" tv though)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

surely the xbox is better for driving games? Forza, Dirt, PGR 3 and 4, Burnout, Need for speed etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Forget the PS3 and get 2 Wiis

That is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If you are going to run old arcade classics on the PC get the X Arcade Sticks

twoplayer1.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if its just a group who wants to relax you absolutely need a Wii. 100%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Er, if a pool table is too big, then a table tennis table probably is as well. But if you can squeeze it in, it's definitely worth it.

We got one at work and have exciting and competitive matches every day :)

And while it's not exactly the most aerobic workout in the world, it gets people moving around and out of an armchair and can be enjoyed by all sorts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    And as it happens, while your getting all the boys toys and everything, try to make sure that the women are catered for. Maybe buy some new lights if you use floor lamps,put aside 2 or 300 for someone to buy chick mags every few days(Hello,OK etc etc) and leave them on the coffee table for them to glance through while the lads duel it out on tekken and what not!There might only be a few women there,they may not even be that attractive,but you should still treat the situation as thought there were equal numbers on both sides! :) wow......I'm not a bad guy.... :/

You reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

definitely one of these ;)

723820.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

tman wrote: »
    but maybe get a Wii as well (I can only imagine how horrible it'll look on a 42" tv though)

Connected via component is looks quite nice actually.

Advertisement