Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renters insurance

Options
  • 15-02-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I Rent a room in a decent house. I have been getting a bit worried about all my stuff lately though as there seems to be a lot of burglaries lately. I have asked teh landlord if my stuff is covered under house insurance but gotten no reply yet.

What is the story with renters insurance, how much is it, who does it and is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most companies will do contents only insurance. Shop around. Contact an insurance broker for more specific information or try some of the online insurance quote sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It would be illegal (as far as I know) for the landlord to insure your items as he does not own it, just as you couldn't insure the apartment itself.

You can get contents insurance, either through a broker, or directly with an insurance company (ring around and you'll get pointed in the right direction very quickly)

Advertisement