Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI For All?

• 15-02-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

An upgrade kit due in March to convert analogue signal to digital HDMI.
    Interesting idea....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a89366/xbox-360-kit-to-offer-hdmi-to-all-users.html
    Users who own an Xbox 360 console without an HDMI port will soon be able to enjoy high-definition gaming after peripheral manufacturer Mad Catz announced the launch of an HDMI Conversion Kit.

The accessory, described by Mad Catz as 'revolutionary', will allow any Xbox 360 console to connect directly to any standard HDMI TV input.

The kit connects to the 'AV Output' at the rear of the console and, according to Mad Catz, the device 'utilises advanced microprocessor technology, converts the analogue signal to a digital HDMI stream, outputting all popular HD resolutions up to and including 1080p and compatible with HDMI 1.3 standard'.

Darren Richardson, president and chief executive officer of Mad Catz said: “HDMI is widely recognised as the connection standard for the High-Definition age in which we live, delivering unsurpassed visual and audio quality. However, millions of Xbox 360 consoles are not equipped with an HDMI output and owners are unable to take advantage of the benefits an all-digital connection provides.

"Mad Catz’ Xbox 360 HDMI Conversion Kit provides gamers with a digital video and audio solution that we believe will be embraced by owners of HD-TVs and those who demand the best from their entertainment."

The Xbox 360 HDMI Conversion Kit will be released in March and priced at £49.99.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Waste of money, barely any difference between component n HDMI... I could think of better things to spend €70 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

My tv as three HDMI and one component (that I can see). This would allow me to use the Wii on component. So its either €70 for the cable or €xxx to upgrade my current console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Q_Ball wrote: »
    My tv as three HDMI and one component (that I can see). This would allow me to use the Wii on component. So its either €70 for the cable or €xxx to upgrade my current console

Pay E70 to see Wii on component? The difference is very limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On 32 inches or less, sure.
    On bigger TVs, the difference is supposed to be noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I have a 42'', the difference is noticable but not E70 noticable IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Just pick up a 3 way component splitter. I got one on e-bay for about €15 last year and have the 360 and DVD Player connected to the one component input.
    Works a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Q_Ball wrote: »
    or you could get a component switch for 32eu...

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/236382/art/hama/boitier-de-commutation-ma.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i remember looking at them and wondering about the build quality.
    i ended up going for the other one as i was buying some stuff and pixmania and though it might be remote controlled (it isnt)

are the ebay ones any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's quality mate. Does exactly what it says it does and no loss in picture quality either. Money well spent I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It would give me the option to watch hd-dvd/play the xbox in the bedroom. At the minute the DVD player and sky box are going there via a splitter

Advertisement