Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus keep sending me letters

Options
  • 15-02-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi

Chorus send me about 4-6 letters a month regarding their special offers.

i have rang 3 times before to remove me from their mailing address.

letters are all addressed to "the resident"

after the last phone call i was told that my address was removed from their system and was assured that i would recive no more letters addressed to my house. there were a few chorus accounts at this address preiviously even though i have never held one there.

well a month passed and i got w in a row one on monday and one on tuesday, so i rang once more to see if they would stop - after waiting for 10 mins guy tells me he cant do it and would transfer me. girl tells me she cant remove the address either and i would have to send an email.

now i write a lot of emails every day but i really dont feel like writing one to faciliate them !

Is there someone i car report them to for this blatant harrasment :D

oh and i no i can cut off this kind of mail fromthe PO but i still want to get my Pizza vbouchers:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you send an email what are the chances that you will start getting spam emails as soon as they have your email address? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Hagar wrote: »
    If you send an email what are the chances that you will start getting spam emails as soon as they have your email address? :D

yeah thats true
    im a pretty easy goin person and generally will never get narky with people on the phine but if you ahve to ask 4 time for someone o stop doing something and they dont then that really gets me really GRrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

just got another one of those unsolicited rubbish snail mail from chorus addressed to the resident.

was just wondering if everyone who recieved one could readdress them to chorus, saying not known at this address, their mail boxes would fill up.
    And friends, if one person does it they will think them a crank, if two people do it together they will think they are ******s, but if every1 does it they will think its a movement!!

so lets start, everyone that get one for the next month, just cross out your name and send it back, they just might get the message.!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

This is an easy problem to fix but it took me a while to cop onto it ! I was the same had them in for a yr, then went to sky and was getting endless letters from chorus, didn't matter who i rang to get me off their mailing list the letters just kept coming. Sooooo i started writing on the letters, "RETURN TO SENDER", only had to do it on 2 letters and i've got no more since, that was over 4 or 5 months ago, try it and see. Least u won't have the feckers filling up your green bin anymore ! In fact i now do this with all my junk mail, works a treat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zorba wrote: »
    This is an easy problem to fix but it took me a while to cop onto it ! I was the same had them in for a yr, then went to sky and was getting endless letters from chorus, didn't matter who i rang to get me off their mailing list the letters just kept coming. Sooooo i started writing on the letters, "RETURN TO SENDER", only had to do it on 2 letters and i've got no more since, that was over 4 or 5 months ago, try it and see. Least u won't have the feckers filling up your green bin anymore ! In fact i now do this with all my junk mail, works a treat :D

I wrote Return To Sender in big writing with a nice little box around it and posted it. The next day the letter arrived back in my letterbox. I live in rented accommodation so I get a lot of letters not addressed to me and this happens with almost all of them. So it might work, but then you might just end up getting more annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was getting them from Chorus as well and after many calls they wrote and said they'd stop. WHich they did. But then they became NTL/UPC and it's happening again....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I was getting a letter once a month trying to get me to take their broadband, I emailed them and in fairness I havent seen one since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

janeybabe wrote: »
    I wrote Return To Sender in big writing with a nice little box around it and posted it. The next day the letter arrived back in my letterbox. I live in rented accommodation so I get a lot of letters not addressed to me and this happens with almost all of them. So it might work, but then you might just end up getting more annoyed!

Sounds like it might be someone at the post office sending it back to u, i.e. for it to return to wherever it came from and then back to u again would take more than a day !

Maybe next time try blacking out your address or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zorba wrote: »
    Sounds like it might be someone at the post office sending it back to u, i.e. for it to return to wherever it came from and then back to u again would take more than a day !

Maybe next time try blacking out your address or something ?

Ya that was it alright, I've covered the address more and have sent it away again so it should be ok.

I really hate junk mail from Chorus, etc. I get stuff from Ulster Bank and I know they got my name from the register of electors because my name was originally wrong on it and they use that name on the envelope. I e-mailed them and they asked me to call some ridiculously expensive number.

These people don't make it easy for us to stop getting junk mail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if you don't want it just write in big letters "return to sender" and write "not known at this address" for anything addressed to "the ocupier" or "the homeowner" and place it into your nearest post box and whoever sent it will get charged for the returned mail!

or for mail including a freepost address use this address to post something like a brick back to the company!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've sent loads back now with "Return to sender" on the envelope. I've even written "piss off" on some of them. Chorus are the worst company in the world, even worse than BT, so they still send me the damn letters.
    foggy_lad wrote:
    or for mail including a freepost address use this address to post something like a brick back to the company!
    Unfortunately, Chorus don't include a freepost envelope. If they did, I'd fill it with sand every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I mailed them before and they told me they couldn't take me off their list, I'd have to take it up with An Post, which sounds like nonsense to me.

Got the name of one of the directors off the bottom of the letter, tried guessing his e-mail address, but they bounced (mind you that was during the name changeover, might work now).

Have a snail mail letter to said director typed up but haven't got around to posting it yet.

You could also try slitting the envelope open, removing NTLs letter, replacing it with your own letter and post it back to them (or indeed to anyone else) - the envelope the letter comes in is already paid for by NTL. On the other hand I don't know if NTL get charged a second thime for this or if An Post just lose out, in which case I wouldn't do it.

[edit]
    Doh, obviously by NTL I mean Chorus

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

chorus are a bunch of pricks (god im complaining alot today)
    but really we had chorus installed at home on top of sky..mainly to the bedrooms.

anyway we asked chorus to cut them off and they sent a bloke out with new equipment..we asked him to take away or existing and he refused...thought nothing of it and rang chorus to explain..the girl said we had being cut off which we were pleased about.

the trouble is they didnt cut us off and no they keeping sending us bills and ringing us..everytime the chorus girl gets narky saying we owe them this amount and when we explain the story they say fine but this keeps happening..phone calls very couple of months..pretty annoying.

they also left alot of wires running all over our roof...drilled plenty of holes and overall left a complete mess...wouldnt do business with them again...bunch of cowboys

Advertisement