Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural Technology Part Time

Options
  • 15-02-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Is is possible to study this course part time in Ireland ?

If not where would be a good option for a mature student ?

Best regards, P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think DIT is your best bet. Not sure about the part time option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

My son is doing Architectural Technology in Carlow Institute and is loving it. It is full time but he says that there are lots of mature students although class size is quite small (about 15-17 people) in three classes.

Great social life in and around Carlow and living costs are not too bad. Also there are some part time jobs which can be had.

Might be worth your while giving Carlow IT a call?

Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

Waterford IT have the best Architectural Technology course in the country but it is definately FULL time (and more).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

250882 wrote: »
    Waterford IT have the best Architectural Technology course in the country but it is definately FULL time (and more).

I would be interested in hearing what criteria you use to define the "best" Architectural Technology course in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

hi i did AT in Cork Institute of Technology, Full time
    I averaged about 60 hrs per week of class work so i doubt that it can be done Part time.
    If it is I would then Doubt the quality of the course.
    I suggest you have a look at the construction studies courses, similar content without as much of the drawing element, which takes up about 50% of course in AT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

PS I was also a mature student. Found course very do,able but high workload compared to other courses

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

In Galway most courses are available through accs mode. which basically means you do half the time for twice as long. So if you were doing full time the course would last 3 years. Through accs it would last 6 years, and there is a arch tech course there aswell, but it it only running the last 2 years.

Advertisement