Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BuyPartsBy

Options
  • 15-02-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭

I don't usually post about my online buying experiences on forums but in this case I feel that it is worthwhile. I feel its more suited to the motors section due to the nature of the purchase.

Buy Parts By saved me a small fortune this month. The catalytic converter went in my peugeot 406 coupe and it needed to be replaced.

I went to advance pitstop and they informed be that a Peugeot genuine cat would be €450 but they had a generic weld in cat for €280. I thought €280 wasn't too bad for the cat as I know they are expensive parts. However a friend directed me to buy parts by website below

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

I was able to source the part for €110 delivered to my door. I had to ring their customer service department to arrange delivery to Ireland but the chap I dealt with was very friendly and helpful and was great to deal with.

The part arrived by courier who rang me twice trying to make the drop off easier for me as I was working the day it arrived

The cat is also guaranteed for 2 years.

Just thought people might find this website good if they are sourcing parts

BTW I'm not associated with them, I just don't often have such effortless transactions online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

no option to deliver to Ireland, how much was delivery for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Might use these in the future thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Yeah there is no option for delivery to Ireland on the website which is the one drawback.

I had to ring their customer service team. It was £25 for delivery to Ireland for the Cat. Probably less for smaller items but I'm not sure. Its not the cheapest delivery in the world but it was a bulky sized part and even with the delivery cost i still saved a small fortune on the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

thats fairly good, im sure if they get enough custom from ireland theyll change the website

Advertisement