Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper Cosmetics

Options
  • 15-02-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi Girls. I was wondering if any of you knew any good websites where cosmetics are cheaper than buying them in town?

Please let me know any decent ones or what's the cheapest out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

www.strawberrynet.com

or buy them in the aiport. All cosmetics are a few euro cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Does anyone know where I could get cheaper Benefit Cosmetics? They don't seem to have them on strawberrynet.com. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

You will save a fortune if you order from the Benefit website

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/

It is in dollars and even after the euro conversion it is still a good deal cheaper. Plus they do free international delivery on orders over €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

lubie76 wrote: »
    You will save a fortune if you order from the Benefit website

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/

It is in dollars and even after the euro conversion it is still a good deal cheaper. Plus they do free international delivery on orders over €100.

They do free delivery but don't forget to allow for the customs that you are charged when your parcel is delivered. I had to pay out over 20 euro.

I didn't think they delivered to Ireland. I'll try that now. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aluapnaej

I get all my Dermalogica from www.kudosbeauty.ie - they take Laser too, which I find very handy. Quick delivery too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i never know whether threads like this make me wanna get a Credit Card or NOT to get a Credit Card. None of the Sites Take Laser and i'd imagine if i had a CC i'd just keep Buying off the net. i reckon i'd be broke!

Does anyone know how long the benefit cosmetics website takes to deliver. Its saying it won't be here till between March 3rd and April 10. Seems like ages away.

try ebay.com with the exchange rate
    it is def cheaper i swear by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

pampers1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the benefit cosmetics website takes to deliver. Its saying it won't be here till between March 3rd and April 10. Seems like ages away.

It can depend to be honest. Usually I've found it's between 2 and three weeks. Rather long alright!
    The 20 quid you've to pay customs is a bit annoying but it still works out cheaper than buyin here if you're buying a few things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Strawberrynet looks good but they don't seem to have many very pale foundations. It's so hard to find one that matches my skin! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I only have a laser card and refuse to get a cc!!

So does anyone know of any Irish sites that sell Clinique products?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

I remember seeing Clinique products on edirectory.ie but it's still ordered through Strawberrynet i think-so no laser.

There are other merchants they use who accept laser though. I've never ordered from them so no idea how reliable the site is. I tried to hold off on getting a credit card for as long as possible but caved in last October- have gone mad ordering from StrawberryNet since! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Strawberrynet looks good but they don't seem to have many very pale foundations. It's so hard to find one that matches my skin! :(

livingdeadgirl ive been looking for really pale foundation for years. The best ive found is chanel vitalumeire in the fluid (not the compact) they are the palest (and best) foundations ive ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ConfusedTLady

Anyone know where I could get some Ruby Mille online.

Also are you charged for everything that is sent to Ireland from the US?

What if labels are taken off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

CTL - try e-bay. The item(s) you're looking for might not be listed now, but there are people constantly adding new items.

BEWARE OF E-BAY. IT IS SERIOUSLY ADDICTIVE. (Sorry for shouting, but it had to be said.) Also, if any sellers on e-bay don't accept paypal, avoid them. If products are fake (unless you know you're buying a fake from day one) you can report them and there are formal channels for getting your money back if you use paypal, which isn't always the case without it.

I got a credit card for shopping online when I was a student. The limit was (and still is) only €600, but I've never had to pay a cent in interest - the only charges I've ever paid are the government's €40 levy. Damn bastids! Only use a credit card when you know you have the money to pay it off. 24 hour banking saves my life - I buy online and transfer the money straight away. It's great for buying flights and ordering things like perfume, make-up, hardware etc. /me smiles thinking about micro sd en route for phone.

Advertisement