Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dimn Nu Zillindes

• 15-02-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

So I was out with a girl from New Zealand last night and I decided to slag her for her use of txt spk. Anyway her retort was that she only texted as the spoke. Low and behold when I actually tried to read it phoenetically it sounded like I had a New Zealand accent. So if you also hate txt spk blame it on those bloodey New Zealanders.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Damn antipodeans, if their grandparents weren't convicts, they'd be Irish too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

No joking. Shocking stuff altogether :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus that's pure madness altogether, and here I was thinking the 6th created txt spk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

arseagon wrote: »
    So I was out with a girl from New Zealand last night and I decided to slag her for her use of txt spk. Anyway her retort was that she only texted as the spoke. Low and behold when I actually tried to read it phoenetically it sounded like I had a New Zealand accent. So if you also hate txt spk blame it on those bloodey New Zealanders.

:D Its true....Fsh and Chps anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

In Nz.... it's called Tixt speak. Get it right!

My bf is a kiwi. They're accents are lovely! His kiwi mates make my say the word f*uck a lot cos the way we pronounce it is hilarious, apparently(i.e. we don't say faack). Also, they get me to say top of the morning to you and stuff. We sounds just as funny to them you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

FunkZ wrote: »
    Jaysus that's pure madness altogether, and here I was thinking the 6th created txt spk!

I did and anyone thats says differently is a fuckin' liar!

watna wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be "Tixt Spik"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And if you want to speak with an Australian accent write everything you want to say on an elastic band, stretch it and then read ........Awwwww yeeeeaaaaaah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

watna wrote: »

My bf is a kiwi. They're accents are lovely! His kiwi mates make my say the word f*uck a lot cos the way we pronounce it is hilarious, apparently(i.e. we don't say faack). Also, they get me to say top of the morning to you and stuff. We sounds just as funny to them you know!

Well to get them back in the slaggin stakes get them to say six and then say sex and see what happens, funny stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I thought only the only place you got nerds was on the tech forum:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When a Kiwi speaks to me, after about half a minute I can't hear them at all after the blood starts pouring out of my ears. For this reason I learned sign-language and insist on only communicating with New Zealanders using this method.:(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, the kiwi accent is bloody annoying at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

South African is the most ****ed up accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thread title edited to reflect the subject matter in a better light.

Old news article:
    The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has announced that a shorter version of English known as txt language will be acceptable in the external end of year exams. Txt language is where words are shortened for easier mobile phone usage, e.g. txt is for text, lol is for laugh out loud, brb is for be right back, etc.

Source: Wikinews

Damn them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

No fcuking way, that's more difficult than learning a new language. Qui?

That's just giving in though isn't it? What's next? boards making txt spk mandatory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Seriously now...Who gives a bollix about New Zealanders.

I'm quite sure they don't give a bollix about us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

arseagon wrote: »
    That's just giving in though isn't it? What's next? boards making txt spk mandatory?
    Not on my watch.

Advertisement