Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mysterio Injured

• 15-02-2008 1:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rey Mysterio’s quest to regain the World Championship may have suffered a severe setback in Santiago, Chile, on Wednesday night.

The injury occurred during Wednesday’s live event at Arena Santiago, where Mysterio teamed with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. During the tag contest, Rey suffered an apparent injury to his right arm – specifically his bicep. Clearly in pain, the Master of the 619 gutted it out and finished the match, then was quickly examined by WWE athletic trainer Jason Crivello upon leaving the ring.

Mysterio flew back to the United States late Wednesday night, and is currently in Gulf Breeze, Fla., waiting to meet with world-renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who will determine the extent of the injury. Regardless of Dr. Andrews’ findings, Mysterio has his heart set on competing this Sunday night at No Way Out, where he is scheduled to face Edge for the World Championship.

Stay with WWE.com as more updates become available regarding Mysterio’s condition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

glad!

the little midget should only be Competing for the cruiser weight. when he had the heavyweight belt around his waste he looked pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going to be fun to see how they work that into tonights smackdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Ah no,not another setback for rey.........
    It will be interesting to see how they handle this on smackdown seeing as no way out is this sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Kane will take his place after winning some match to take his spot, or Mysterio may go in injured but i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Rey Mysterio’s quest to regain the World Championship may have suffered a severe setback in Santiago, Chile, on Wednesday night.

The injury occurred during Wednesday’s live event at Arena Santiago, where Mysterio teamed with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. During the tag contest, Rey suffered an apparent injury to his right arm – specifically his bicep. Clearly in pain, the Master of the 619 gutted it out and finished the match, then was quickly examined by WWE athletic trainer Jason Crivello upon leaving the ring.

Mysterio flew back to the United States late Wednesday night, and is currently in Gulf Breeze, Fla., waiting to meet with world-renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who will determine the extent of the injury. Regardless of Dr. Andrews’ findings, Mysterio has his heart set on competing this Sunday night at No Way Out, where he is scheduled to face Edge for the World Championship.

Stay with WWE.com as more updates become available regarding Mysterio’s condition

So who will face Edge at NWO if Rey out for a while?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'd be all for Kane to face Edge, even though he would probably lose. I read while doing my hourly WWE updates that it could be The Big Show against Edge. Either way its good enough for Rey, jumping around the place like he was a monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Either way its good enough for Rey, jumping around the place like he was a monkey.

How do you mean?

Don't get me wrong, I do think hes great, its just he came back at SummerSlam after being out for ages,he had a very light schedule , compared to others, and now just after the Rumble he could be out for another 6 months. I just meant maybe a few less jumps might have been better for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

And whatshe gonna do powerslams and chokeslams?

Well jumping around isn't helping him much with all his injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

lizann wrote: »
    So who will face Edge at NWO if Rey out for a while?????

Big Show or Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

EdK wrote: »
    And whatshe gonna do powerslams and chokeslams?

^^^^^^^^^^
    l l l l l l l l l l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

glad!

the little midget should only be Competing for the cruiser weight. when he had the heavyweight belt around his waste he looked pathetic.

Not being able to spell a 5 letter word......now THAT'S pathetic!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

The Match was brutal, a good ending though . . . . . . . . . . . . . .weeeeeellllllllllllllll its the Big Slow!!!!! good story/promo with Mayweater, can sure throw a few slaps!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

glad!

Well said he was the worst champion I've ever seen all he did was get beat up every week and win at the PPV, it was stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    Well said he was the worst champion I've ever seen all he did was get beat up every week and win at the PPV, it was stupid.

I agree that it was stupid, but I blame that on the booking team, not Mysterio. He's a very talented guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

de5p0i1er wrote: »

I remember Cena doing the exact same thing with Ummaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't get the anti Rey stuff at all. All he's ever done is put on good matches.

Advertisement