Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV - The 1st thing you'll do...

• 15-02-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

When you put GTA IV into your console, what's the first thing you're gonna do? (I don't mean that you'll turn on your controller or get a cup of tea):p

Are you going to jump straight into the missions or have a cruise around the city?

I'm definitely gonna kill a few people and rob cars. See how it looks. then have a cruise. Might start the missions about a week later.

What about ye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ill be going straight for the multiplayer side of it to see can i start a riot:D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hmmm... A little exploring I think, until I find me some good weapons / car locations etc. Makes things a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

MarkR wrote: »
    Hmmm... A little exploring I think, until I find me some good weapons / car locations etc. Makes things a whole lot easier.

same here. usually i get into a few missions and then go exploring. wander around places that you KNOW later in the game you'll be a marked man in.

i also want to smash my car into a wall to see if i can fling my body out of the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Good question... I guess do the first couple of missions, then just cruise around and get a feel for the city. I might get started on the paramedic/police missions early on, as they're always handy to have cleared from the start (presuming that they're gonna be in GTA IV?)

Oh yeah, and I'm gonna try to find the Irish bar:p

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Going to steal a car, drive down the sidewalk mowing down pedestrian and get chased by the cops. Then I'm probably going to immediately get lost, confused, crash into a tree and get arrested/shot.

Then I'll start playing the game for real. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

blah wrote: »
    Going to steal a car, drive down the sidewalk mowing down pedestrian and get chased by the cops. Then I'm probably going to immediately get lost, confused, crash into a tree and get arrested/shot.

Then I'll start playing the game for real. :)

Apparently stealng a car wont be quite as straightforward as SA.There will be a few steps involved to do it successfully

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Laugh at the tsunami of moral crusade that it will engender ....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DeVore wrote: »
    Laugh at the tsunami of moral crusade that it will engender ....

DeV.

jack thompson ftw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

bandit197 wrote: »
    Ill be going straight for the multiplayer side of it to see can i start a riot:D

Is GTA going to be multiplayer??? :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Get a gun and see does the blood splat out of their bodies!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Screw all the whores in the city til I find "the one".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Smash into the back of people who are on motorbikes at the stop light, wheeeeeeee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

See how far the cops will go to try and catch me. I'm hoping they'll go crazy and start shooting at everybody. Also I've heard rumours that when the enviroment is burned it can be permanently destroyed so I think I'll start a 'Grand Theft Arson' spree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mini death spree followed by a massive car chase, usually how it goes.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Im gonna probably download the cheats off the internet and ruin the whole game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

punch the first pedestrian i see square in the face and then proceed to go on a manic driving spree mowing down as many pedestrians as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Beat up some padestrians and then go on a fully fledged indisrciminate murder campaign before the cops take me out, hopefully in a Butch and Sundance kinda fashion as I run out of the Irish bar with my guns blazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

tman wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and I'm gonna try to find the Irish bar:p
    Feckin tourists :rolleyes:

I'm probably gonna be drunk and throwing the controller around when I'm playing it at my mates house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Steal a car, flick through the radio stations, get to the rock station and mow some people down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Duffff-Man wrote: »

Yes it is. imagine the craic meeting up online with your mates and going on a rampage:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

I dont know if I will buy a ps3 and gta IV, saving up for a car.... but I have been playing it since the very start!... ill have to.

I hate thoose kids though who are only playing it since vice city or sanandreas.... GTA 4 LIFE...:) gta2.... what a game lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I dont know if I will buy a ps3 and gta IV, saving up for a car.... but I have been playing it since the very start!... ill have to.

I hate thoose kids though who are only playing it since vice city or sanandreas.... GTA 4 LIFE...:) gta2.... what a game lmao

Buy a 360 and GTA then? Cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

good point, nah, want a ps3 lmao.... Ill prob just drive round..... klling people, exploring the area... Cannot wait! If I pre order on the inernet will it take longer than getting it in the shop? cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

good point, nah, want a ps3 lmao.... Ill prob just drive round..... klling people, exploring the area... Cannot wait! If I pre order on the inernet will it take longer than getting it in the shop? cheers :)

Yea it most likely will, better to pre-order in the shops! I did and the guy in gamestop in waterford told me I got one of the last they had to pre order!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Most likely ill look around and explore get used to the new map!

I was just thinking the otherday it would be great if you could set markers on your map as to were you found secret packages..

I dont even know if there putting secret packages in.. I haven't been keeping up with all the news since like the 2nd trailer...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have to say , the secret packages / tokens etc are a load of **** and pointless to do IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ruu wrote: »
    Smash into the back of people who are on motorbikes at the stop light, wheeeeeeee.
    creggy wrote:
    Steal a car, flick through the radio stations, get to the rock station and mow some people down:)

Yes and yes.
    Oh throw a few darts at the old local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

im going to keep to the speed limit, dont break lights & be a good citzen!

NOT!!!

im going on a spree & time myself c how long i last, its been a long time coming. i cant wait for this game. special editions all the way baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

miju wrote: »
    have to say , the secret packages / tokens etc are a load of **** and pointless to do IMO

Definately. I never bothered with them. Just the ones I happened to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

forbesii wrote: »
    Definately. I never bothered with them. Just the ones I happened to find.

Before long, you just know some sad idiot will post the location of all of them on the interweb anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Usually you are forced into doing a mission right at the start so probably that.

Then I'll have a trip around the city, kill a few people, punch a few people, get chased etc

"Closed his eyes and stepped infront of a train... Wooooooo!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Apparently stealng a car wont be quite as straightforward as SA.There will be a few steps involved to do it successfully

Thats why itll be the first thing i do, itll be interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Climb to the top of the tallest building, jump off and see what the outcome is :)

Then you just pull your parachute... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Make a save file probably :)
    In all seriousness, probably do a couple of missions then explore the citay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 peterk12

i really want the game does any 1 kmow how much it is and war time in april it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 peterk12

Korvanica wrote: »
    Thats why itll be the first thing i do, itll be interesting..
    you dont press any buttons you just watch like when in sa u just press triangle and he got in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

Grab a hold of a decent enough looking g-wagon, jump in, tune the radio into the hip hop station and cruise around getting a feel for the car. Mess about with the camera angles/ anologue controls, then look at the pedestrians. Watch their moves for a minute until you see one you really don't like the look of... then FLOOR IT! in your car and mow the fúcker down! get out, cause as much disturbance as i can and wait til i hear the 5-0 coming, then hop back in the motor and go on the run!

cannot wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

weemcd wrote: »
    Grab a hold of a decent enough looking g-wagon, jump in
    For a moment there I thought you were talking about a prostitute :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Looking forward to see what the online play will be like. So will probably do that first

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Looking forward to see what the online play will be like. So will probably do that first

Going to look for a street mime and break his jaw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

im going to keep to the speed limit, dont break lights & be a good citzen!
    My dad use to play gta3 like this was always hillarious watchin him break mfor the lights!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone have the realse date for it on xbox 360? cant see it anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

29th April:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Seems to be a spur of the moment type thing when I start a new GTA.Never know what's going to happen.
    Probably kill a few people and get a chase from the cops,they're always good for a laugh.I always find them challenging at the start of a new GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

ciano1 wrote: »
    29th April:D

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll kill a prostitute and take back my money, obviously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mine will definatly be getting chased be the cops and seeing how long i can last on each different wanted level. Obviously the bog standard guys wont have a chance, but i figure the swat teams should be a challenge. And it will be on a motorbike, rather then a car. Way cooler that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm gonna play the missions like mad until I get the apache helicopter. Then and only then will I go nuckin futs!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement