Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV - The 1st thing you'll do...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I won't have it for a long time, *sniff, but when I do I'll rip straight into the missions, and stay going until I end up dead or arrested, respwn, killing spree for a while to vent frustration, reload and try missions again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

motorbike chase that is all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

madrab could be onto something here. Supposedly it's gonna be hard work tearing it up in cars due to congestion and narrow streets. Motorbike ftw, as long as you don't need to learn how to use it like SA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Head over to Times Square, and go ape **** on all the tourists!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sit in the back of a taxi, take a long pleasant ride around the city. See What's on offer. Then kill some people, get in the ambulance, ride around the city with the lights on, then find some weapons and have a duel with the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Just stroll around for the first few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Phone into work sick :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Will do 2 or 3 missions to get a feel for it then probably head to Times Square for a bit of a punch up with some tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

What island is Time Square on? Will it need to be opened up or can you go there right away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

What island is Time Square on? Will it need to be opened up or can you go there right away?

You have pointed out a fatal flaw in my plan. Forgot about having to unlock islands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

san andreas you werr fre to go anywhere, mind you the cops would come after you if you left the first city, but that was part of the fun

if its anything like saints row or crackdown then the entire city will be open but maybe full of gangs that will try to kill you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

madrab wrote: »
    san andreas you werr fre to go anywhere, mind you the cops would come after you if you left the first city, but that was part of the fun

if its anything like saints row or crackdown then the entire city will be open but maybe full of gangs that will try to kill you

No its going to be closed like it was in previous games. I think a terrorist threat is the reason some of the islands are locked down this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Will there be cheats like to unlock the other parts of the city or will all the missions have to be completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

kellybelly wrote: »
    Will there be cheats like to unlock the other parts of the city or will all the missions have to be completed?

Don't be lazy, just do the damn missions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Yeh i guess that is pretty lazy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you're playing the 360 version, cheats will probably stop you getting achievements too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Honestly I'm going to pray that the game doesn't suck.
    Im a massive fan of the GTA series, Played them all to death since good aul GTA1.
    And I'm worried that Rockstar are about due to screw up the series...

And if they do......
    *Shakes Fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Honestly I'm going to pray that the game doesn't suck.
    Im a massive fan of the GTA series, Played them all to death since good aul GTA1.
    And I'm worried that Rockstar are about due to screw up the series...

And if they do......
    *Shakes Fist*

I really would not fear. Its not THQ or Konami making the damn Game. Its Rockstar(do they make the game?) They listen to the fans. Yet they're not suckers, they will do most things their own way but they are determined to make GTA games great.

The only thing I fear about this Game, is something like when I put it in the box there is a disc error or something.

(I was just looking there at the difference between GTA 111 and GTA IV. I thought the graphics were class on the first GTA for the PS2, when I got it.

I sort of need to rethink my strategy. I have class at 9.00, and its pretty important to go for the first two hours. What I will do is, be outside Game at around 8.30. Stroll into Game at 9.00. Then be left with the dilemma(:rolleyes:) on whether or not I should go home and play the game, or wait till after the first two classes. All I know is I can't wait for that cycle home with the game bag dangling from my hand as I hold on for dear life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yeah, just realised the Islands will probably be locked, so my Times Square tourist spree migjt have to wait.

As a revised option I might just find a prosi, get a cheeky blower, and then 'look' for my money back. That, or try and find a way to swim, fly, sneak, blue hell, my way to the other Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Im going to rob the first car I see and run the driver over...with his own car. I will then proceed to drive said car of the Brooklyn bridge in a fiery, yet watery death.

Im giddy with excitement already.

How long now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

thought the graphics were class on the first GTA for the PS2, when I got it.

Pfffftttttt...
    PS2??

Sir, I mock your Ps2 GTA ing..

P.C GTA1.. FTW!!

Back in the day of my almighty 486, when you had a top of the range rig and turning the frame limiter off didn't make the game absolutely insane.
    Multi player over a Serial cable because it was the only way supported by the game.

Aaaaah nostalgia
    3_gta_cops.jpg

Advertisement