Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena goes 12 Rounds

• 15-02-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

The WWE are again dipping their toes into the film world as they’re set to produce the latest action film from the once mighty director Renny Harlin. The film 12 Rounds (catchy) will star WWE wrestler John Cena as a New Orleans police detective whose girlfriend is kidnapped, and the bulkie Marky Mark-lite must track her down before the baddies do something dastardly to her. The film is budgeted at $20 million, relatively low for an action film and nowhere near as astronomical as Harlin’s previous efforts (Cutthroat Island, Cliffhanger). Cena previously starred in the little-seen character piece The Marine, where he eh, played a marine who was trying to track down his kidnapped Mrs - while blowing stuff up in slow motion. A theatrical release is planned, but don’t be surprised if it goes straight to DVD on this side on the pond, ala The Marine.

Sounds like The Marine 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

lizann wrote: »
    Sounds like The Marine 2

I don't see that doing well at all. The premise is exactly the same as the Marine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I cant see it doing well either, but heres hoping. I thought the Marine was quite good, but nowhere near the pure excellence of Kane in See No Evil. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

They should have called it The Detective

Or the Sergeant. And everytime someone makes a joke, Sgt. Slaughter's head could slide into the bottom of the screen and say "That was a joke, maggots!".

It'd be the most amusing thing ever related to John Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

God help us all, his acting's as bad as his wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

The Marine 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

With Renny Harlin you never know what you're gonna get. At least this time they've got a known director, and some of his movies (die hard 2, long kiss goodnight, cliff hanger, deep blue sea) were at least a good bit of fun.

Although I would've though a direct to dvd sequel to See No Evil would get wwe a bit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It could be ok. TBH, Cena can act, so I'm not too worried about this turning out to be ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Several Hollywood gossip blogs have picked up stories on WWE’s new movie starring John Cena titled 12 Rounds. Rumored cast members include Al Pacino and Method Man.

I'd say Al Pacino wouldnt be caught dead in a WWE film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Irish actor Aidan Gillen from The Wire is playing the villian

Renny Harlin is a surrpise choice for director for a WWE film

any trailer yet?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I cant see it doing well either, but heres hoping. I thought the Marine was quite good, but nowhere near the pure excellence of Kane in See No Evil. :D

you are literally holding meat for the wolves there boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It'd be the most amusing thing ever related to John Cena.
    I always thought 5 Questions with the champ was really good.

I'll always have a soft spot for cena after those. Every time he sucks in the ring i remember hearing "Brooklyn Brawler" and the head appearing.
    lizann wrote: »
    Several Hollywood gossip blogs have picked up stories on WWE’s new movie starring John Cena titled 12 Rounds. Rumored cast members include Al Pacino and Method Man.

Yes and Arnold Swazzzernager will be the comic relief. :rolleyes:
    I thought the Marine was quite good, but nowhere near the pure excellence of Kane in See No Evil. :D

Uh oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Wrestlers don't make good actors... Well, except for The Rock... But he's magical.

Wrestlers don't make good actors... Well, except for The Rock... But he's magical.

Hahaha...they are actors...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nope

rovert wrote: »
    Nope

you do realise that makes no sense in the context?

some sort of elaboration like...

Wrestlers arent actors they are reactors they project themselves completely
    different to actors. Wrestlers play to the cheap seats while actors play to camera.

Kevin Nash, Austin, Kali?
    Kali because it means he is going to be on your tv for a maximum for an hour and a half, and then thats it for a few months :)

Trust me, dont bother trying.

• Advertisement

Wrestlers arent actors they are reactors they project themselves completely
    different to actors. Wrestlers play to the cheap seats while actors play to camera.

so in backstage segments....? they are playing to the cheap seats?

Kevin Nash, Austin, Kali?
    Kali because it means he is going to be on your tv for a maximum for an hour and a half, and then thats it for a few months :)

Trust me, dont bother trying.

hahaha im stubborn like that.

so in backstage segments....? they are playing to the cheap seats?

Are they as good or believable as professional, even amateur actors in those segments?

Are they as good or believable as professional, even amateur actors in those segments?

I said they were actors...

I didnt mention good, believable as professional, even amateur actors.

I said they were actors...

I didnt mention good, believable as professional, even amateur actors.

Not they arent actors. Acting is a totally seperate discipline, the Rock had to be retaught how to project himself as a result of his time in Wrestling.

Not they arent actors. Acting is a totally seperate discipline, the Rock had to be retaught how to project himself as a result of his time in Wrestling.

No, I disagree..

Its just a different type of acting within the acting discipline.

Theatre performers are considered actors.. They would have to be taught to project themselves differently as well.

Its just a different type of acting within the acting discipline.

And this type of acting is called?

What wrestlers need to do is the opposite of acting.

wrestling

wrestling

What acting school teaches that now? Sylvia Young?

• Advertisement

Does having F-P-J mean nothing?
    :P

Source: PWinsider.com

The Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2) action flick 12 Rounds, starring John Cena (The Marine), is scheduled to be released Friday March 13, 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Spike_irl

Isn't Ted DiBiase not currently film for the sequel to The Marine (The Marine 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I was sitting in school today finishing a Geography exam when I looked at the wall and saw a what looked like 2nd yearish review of 'The Marine' and naturally I abandon my exam to read it. The person said the 'Marine' had brilliant acting, a great plot, good visual effects and that John Cena was a great actor. I nearly threw up on my Geography exam (just had to get that off my chest).

Onto 12 Rounds, Die Hard 2 is a brilliant film so we'll see.

The vomit might have been a better effort at the exam haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Renny Harlin's not been very good with his last few films. Exorcist the Begining anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

EdK wrote: »
    The vomit might have been a better effort at the exam haha

So, so true.:(

So we have a plot, we have a film, but now we have a poster!!

http://sfluxe.com/2009/01/06/renny-harlin%E2%80%99s-12-rounds-gets-a-poster/

4c5c9_12rounds_poster.jpg

Is anyone bothered with this one?

He is a detective, who's girlfriend gets kidnapped and he has to do twelve challanges to get her back?

To me it sounds like someone was watching die hard 2 and the crystal maze while taking speed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

I don't mind mindless action flicks. Haven't seen The Marine though, or any WWE movie for that matter. As long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, I don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

aiden Gillen our very finest TV actor is in this:(
    aidangillen_450x250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He is a detective, who's girlfriend gets kidnapped and he has to do twelve challanges to get her back?

To me it sounds like someone was watching die hard 2 and the crystal maze while taking speed!

It's the Herculean tasks updated almost certainly. If it is, I'd definitely see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sounds like a cross between The Marine and Se7en.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Threads merged

JP Liz wrote: »

Is that not Mark Wahlberg ? :D

$5.3 million weekend opening in US not good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ddont WWE films only really make their money after DVD releases and sales? lot of people will prob by 12 rounds as a gift for a wrestling fan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

This is scheduled to be released here on May 29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

ddont WWE films only really make their money after DVD releases and sales? lot of people will prob by 12 rounds as a gift for a wrestling fan etc

That's very true... however for distribution, and marketing reasons they could really do with starting to make money in the theatres.

If they made a decent film it would help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yeah marine made $19 million at the US box office but nearly $35m on DVD

the only WWE movie that so far has lost money is the condemned

• Advertisement
Advertisement