Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena goes 12 Rounds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I heard it is WWEs best movie yet..They were hoping for $10 million overall on it which they really are not going to get..They will probably make more on DVD rentals and sales id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This reeks of EPIC FAIL to me.
    That said, i've been proved wrong before. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is anybody else totally sick of seeing the promos for this, dont they get that ramming it down peoples throat makes them not want to see it

Here is the really funny bit, 12 rounds must have a 12 to 15's rating or American equivilant, John Cenas core fan group is what 4 to 12 maybe a little older most of his fans probably aren't old enough to see the damn film

If the WWE had made the Game Plan or something similar they would be rolling it in right now, Using Cena for Disney type movies would be money

I thought The Gameplan absolutely reeked.
    I do see where you're coming from though, Cena would have fit the main man in that role better than Dwayne Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I thought The Gameplan absolutely reeked.

I thought The Gameplan was fun. :( Though I think all The Rock's movies (besides Doom) have been good.

While it may have reeked it did $90 million domestically $147 million worldwide and $22 million in it's opening weekend and thats not including DVD sales etc

Cena is making movies for a demographic who have no love for him

I thought The Gameplan was fun. :( Though I think all The Rock's movies have been good.

Can i slap this guy silly now? Can I? PLEEEEAASSE?!
    No? Whaddya mean there's nothing in the charter about everyone was to share my opinion? I thought i had that god given right when i was given this gig? No?

Fair enough then, carry on, nothing to see here!

Can i slap this guy silly now? Can I? PLEEEEAASSE?!

If you like sir moderator sir. :(

Damn, you got in before my edit :(

• Advertisement

I thought The Gameplan was fun. :( Though I think all The Rock's movies (besides Doom) have been good.

I've just realised my original statement required changing.

WWE were delighted with the Rocks movie success while he was still wrestling, with Cena they would love to have him be sucessfully in acting and stay a wrestler as Cena has stated on numerous occasions that he would stay in wrestling and do movies

I've just realised my original statement required changing.

I dont recall you ever seeing Doom and you clearly haven't seen Southland Tales I tried to watch it all I really tried

EdK wrote: »
    I dont recall you ever seeing Doom

There is a reason.

WWE were delighted with the Rocks movie success while he was still wrestling, with Cena they would love to have him be sucessfully in acting and stay a wrestler as Cena has stated on numerous occasions that he would stay in wrestling and do movies

And that's the significant difference there. Rock's major successes were based on the Mummy and Scorpion King movies, while he was still under contract to WWE. Anything after that has been pretty much second rate. Hell, Welcome To The Jungle was so bad that it cut Rock's momentum short while at the same time, almost titanicing Sean William Scott's movie career!

WWE should stick to what they know best. They tried bodybuilding, they failed, they tried football, they failed. They're trying movies... and you know what's coming next?

epic-fail2.jpg

They are failing at large chunks of what they do know or are supposed to know aswell they are too caught up in achieving mainstream success

• Advertisement

Hell, Welcome To The Jungle was so bad

I liked Welcome To The Jungle. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

12 Rounds was very enjoyable...but Miles Jackson had one dodgy Irish accent in parts of that movie!

Thats funny since Aiden Gillen who plays Miles Jackson was born and raised in Dublin haha

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Thats funny since Aiden Gillen who plays Miles Jackson was born and raised in Dublin haha

It was still pretty dodgy in parts of that movie!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Which obviously means he isnt a good actor (that is, unless he is supposed to be playing a dub?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Which obviously means he isnt a good actor (that is, unless he is supposed to be playing a dub?)

He's best remembered for being in Queer as Folk, and he held his own in a well choreographed swordfight against Jackie Chan in Shanghai Knights, he was the main villain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would think hes best known as Mayor Carcetti in the TV Series The Wire. 2nd best TV show ever made for my money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He is a great actor and anybody that seen him Queer As Folk and The Wire would back this up, I was a bit pissed of that he lowered himself to be in a WWE film, but he has to pay the bills I suppose:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He is a great actor and anybody that seen him Queer As Folk and The Wire would back this up, I was a bit pissed of that he lowered himself to be in a WWE film, but he has to pay the bills I suppose:(

Never seen him, but wonder why he has a dodgy accent like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would think hes best known as Mayor Carcetti in the TV Series The Wire. 2nd best TV show ever made for my money

Carcetti is in 12 Rounds? He'd probably make a good villain and he is either a very good actor or a bad actor masked by a phenomenla TV show and script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

While it may have reeked it did $90 million domestically $147 million worldwide and $22 million in it's opening weekend and thats not including DVD sales etc

Cena is making movies for a demographic who have no love for him

gameplan was a disney movie though, everything disney/pixar bring out is guaranteed to break $100m just on the fact its a disney movie, the sequel to Narnia did $420 million at the box-office and disney dropped it because of poor takings :eek:

nobody watches WWE movies, when the biggest drawing wrestling star of the last 20 years can't even make you a dime at the box office (in fact loses you millions) its time to wrap it up

I'm not even suggesting that WWE could have Disney success but I do believe they could have a bit of success with a movie aimed towards kids staring probably Cena as there aren't too many roles you could find for Mysterio unless it was a superhero movie hmmm

I'm not even suggesting that WWE could have Disney success but I do believe they could have a bit of success with a movie aimed towards kids staring probably Cena as there aren't too many roles you could find for Mysterio unless it was a superhero movie hmmm

They are making The Hobbit, there'll be a casting call for people Reys size any day now:D

krudler wrote: »
    They are making The Hobbit, there'll be a casting call for people Reys size any day now:D

Not too many heavily tattooed mask wearing hobbits though

Wasn't Triple H being bandied around as a casting choice for Thor? makes sense really but he's already been cast, if they made King Conan he could be Conan jnr.
    if WWE were more willing to get decent scriptwriters and directors that arent completely talentless hacks to make their movies they could be decent, The Rock had the charisma to carry off acting, and hes a decent actor to boot, Walking Tall was ok , The Rundown was good fun, he was funny in Get Smart and The Gameplan was silly but its a kids movie so its excused Wrestlers are better suited to supporting roles imo, take The Longest Yard, its well known Sandler is a huge wrestling fan so that'd explain the cast, Goldberg, Austin, Nash, Khali etc and they worked well in their roles, especially Nash, he was funny as hell in that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Ha the budget is only 20million:pac:
    Think of all the wwe fans out there. This film will do very very well in relation to the small production cost

I wanna know why Rock's part in the cinematic masterpiece Be Cool isn't listed in all the movies he was in.

Oh yeah, that's right, because he sucked in it! Like most of the movies he was in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Seemingly this is now out over here on Wednesday 27 May. :)

Saw a poster for it in a Storm cinema last night, although I doubt I'd spent 10 quid going to this, looks like a lame Speed ripoff

Just seen an ad/short trailer on TV3 a minute ago. Looks promising.

(and yes, i'm watching oprah :o....)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

C-B-G wrote: »
    Just seen an ad/short trailer on TV3 a minute ago. Looks promising.

(and yes, i'm watching oprah :o....)

I was at the cinema the other week (Saturday before last) and the staff were wearing 12 rounds t shirts. Must be expecting a good turn out.

The kids will lap it up :D

Its actually getting decent reviews, Empire and Total Film both gave it 3/5, said its got good action with hardly any cgi which is a rarity in movies these days, real stunts ftw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Rounds_(film)#Reception
    The filmed opened at number seven at the box office. Gaining an estimate of $1.75 million in its opening day and $5.3 million in its opening weekend and a further $2,997,387 in other countries taking its worldwide total to $15,439,319.[7]
    12 Rounds has received generally negative reviews from critics. The film ranking website Rotten Tomatoes reported that only 20% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 35.[8] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 37, based on 11 reviews.[9] However, Underground Reviews Inc. gave the movie an A, for the overall movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement