Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing today out last night???

Options
  • 15-02-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey all
    Just looking for a word of advice. I've heard with tattoos you shouldnt drink alcohol 24 hours before you get it done as it thins the blood & you bleed more, is this the same for piercings.
    I am due my next piercing today n have a few drinks last night will this affect me??

thanks in advance x :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yeah it's advised that you don't drink during the 24 before a getting pierced. There's a concent form that should ask that question and if you answer yes they shouldn't let you get pierced sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, your blood will still be thinned from the alcohol, so it's probably not a good idea. How much did you drink last night though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TottyT

a few vodkas wasnt drunk or anything.....damn it

its my naval im getting done would there be a massive risk with alcohol in my system???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Just reschedule it for another day. Is it really worth the risk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TottyT

Just wanted to get this one today, sooner i get this the sooner i get the next one in my naval.

so its def no then not to get it done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why not leave it till tomorrow? Better to be safe than sorry! It could just mean you'd bleed more than you would expect to, and it could be more difficult to heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you will just bleed more than normal, nothing to get worried about.
    just tell the piercer, see what they say

Advertisement