Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundcard for Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX

Options
  • 15-02-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Thinking of getting these soon, any ideas on the best soundcard to make the most of them, will be using for games, music and films. I'd rather, if possible stay under €100.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=303911

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thats a lovely kit. amazing sound from them. a m8 of mine has them and im quite rankly very jealous :)
    me frowns at my harmon kardon II speakers :(

depends on what motherboard you have. the latest boards have pretty good sound ports on them.
    you can pick up a decent xfi fatality card for about 100 - 120 on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Motherbaord is an Asus M8N-Sli, i've been reading reviews and it seems best use is with a soundcard with optical out, I'm not too sure what this or even what it looks like on a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I use these speakers on my HTPC setup and I didn't bother with Optical out. The onboard 7.1 sound card was good enough.

But if you truly want optical out Auzentech and Creative are 2 good makes of soundcards. A basic card that has optical support from them should be more than enough.

Advertisement