Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing out during tatt?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Shelli wrote: »
    I have never found the pain to be that bad that I'd need painkiller to get through it, but I have to admit I'm very jumpy at the best of time, I try my best to keep still but my body's natural reaction tends to take over and I end up twitching, this had led to a couple of dodgy line :( (nothing to noticable thank god)

Any tips for keeping still? I do breathing excercises and try to concentrate on something in the room, but doesn't seem to work.
    (anyone chill out by smoking beforehand?....the good stuff IYKWIM:D)

I couldn't stop twitching towards the end of my last one. I think my arm went into shock at the fifth layer of shading going on top of another, and it just got pissed off and wanted me to stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

I tend to find that depending on where you get tattooed depends on how much it hursts and different people find different areas more painful than others. The breathing definately helps, exhale breath relaxes the muscles and helps you to deal with pain. I find a distraction such as my own music or a magazine helps to take the pain away, not books though, they take too much concentration to follow, you need short bits of text.

If a customer passes out in the shop they are obviously made comfortable, laid down on a bed and put into a safe position. Depending on how they are when they recover determines if the tattoo is completed. If they are ok after having water and raising the blood sugar levels again and the customer wishes to carry on with the tattoo then we will of course finish it, keeping a very watchful eye on them. If however they feel that they are unable to cope and they don't want to finish the tattoo or if the tattooist feels that they will be putting the customer at risk e.g. colour doesn't come back into their face or they persist in shaking the artist may decide to reschedule their appointment, but that happens very rarely. Once a customer has passed out once they tend to be ok, that doesn't however mean that you can't pass out twice in a row, it can happen I've seen it done. Just make sure that you are in good health, you have eaten and that you haven't been drinking the night before.
    Painkillers don't really work, I have known people that have taken strong prescription painkillers and they still feel the pain, it's the same with these anesthetic creams that are supposed to numb the skin, numerous members of staff here have tried these creams and they just seem to be a waste of money, others have said it helps a little.
    The only way to deal with the pain is to really want the tattoo in the first place. If you really want the tattoo then when you hear the machine start you'll be excited and the pain won't even register. And most importantly they don't hurt that much, it's a cope-able kind of pain, and once you get started you'll get used to the sensation, once it's done you won't even remember the pain!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Well I brought her in today while I got my nape done, and she talked to piercers and tattooists and got her fill of information, and booked in to get hers done in two weeks!!! Saving up to get my next one now too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i hope she faints tbh, just cos im mean like that

edit: dont mind me, alcohol is a terrible thihng

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hahahahaha, awesome!

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    i hope she faints tbh, just cos im mean like that

edit: dont mind me, alcohol is a terrible thihng
    and for that you're not getting your scarf back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Hahahahahahaha! This is a funny thread. Eh hem. Only kidding of course. Good luck to the lass.

Hahahahahahaha! This is a funny thread. Eh hem. Only kidding of course. Good luck to the lass.
    POST NUMBER 666!!!!

well done emz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Hahahaha OH YEAH! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

no hangover! WIN!

• Advertisement
Advertisement