Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban sprawl in the North West

Options
  • 15-02-2008 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

John Gormley is proposing new regulation that may impact on sprawl both in villages and towns. This could also impact on political meddling on planning which can have negative reverberations.
    http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2008/01/07/story51899.asp

I say thanx be to all thats good. Our countryside has been plighted for too long by these out of village housing estates and lack of planning or interference appears to been the measure of our day. It should cause a storm. What do ye reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

I found this line from the article particularly interesting:
    It is understood Mr Gormley intends to change the legislation so that councillors will no longer be able to ignore national planning standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

bettlebrox wrote: »
    I found this line from the article particularly interesting:
    It is understood Mr Gormley intends to change the legislation so that councillors will no longer be able to ignore national planning standards.
    Yes it does look like he is trying to rein them in. May be in for a tubulent ride.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wish him well.

Snowballs and hell spring to mind.

Advertisement