Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating Habits on Holiday.

Options
  • 15-02-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

i was having this Conversation with Two girls in the office today. (I could have put this in After hours really)

When you're away on Holidays, like a Sun Holiday or whatever.... Do you eat more? or does your Appetite Decrease?
    is there no real Difference? or do you Eat alot more crap on Holiday because you are "On Holiday" ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd eat less on a sun holiday cos it's too hot to eat, plus I'd be drinking a lot more water so holidays are good for me :D (apart from the alcohol)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If I'm away on holidays, I tend to just eat what I want when I want - normally would include treating myself to 3 course meals instead of just a main (which I would normally cook myself when at home IYKWIM).
    If I'm too busy doing stuff, I'd grab a light snack and keep going til evening and have a nice meal out and a few drinks - I see eating out in the evening in a nice restaurant as an intrinsic part of being on holidays :)
    I don't tend to do sun holidays, rather city breaks and weekends at hotels in Ireland, so maybe that's the reason why. If I were doing sun holidays I'd probably not feel able to eat a lot with the heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aluapnaej

I eat loads more on holidays, I seem to be hungry all day when i'm away. I'm not one for sun holidays either, prefer cities so always loads of unusual places to eat and the smells on the streets (esp. NYC) always entice me in! I always treat myself to desserts when i'm away too and I drink loads more too which probably adds to the feeling of hunger the next day and so on and so on...vicious circle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I sort of use it as an excuse to eat whatever I want which is bad! If it's a really hot place though, I prob won't eat as much as I would at home but what I would eat would be crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

I tend to save myself for evening meal and get whole hog but would eat less during day although the odd ice cream is thrown in for good measure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I eat way more, not because I'm hungry, but because the food is always spectacular! :D Having said that I'd do a lot of walking on hliday, plus swimming etc! I somehow only managed to put on a pound on my three week holiday in the States last summer :confused: I suppose I always go for seafood, and my appetite isn't what it used to be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

on a sun holiday ill treat myself if i fancy it with a random icecream, but usually if its a sun holiday its too warm to eat during the day, so something small for lunch if hungry. then whatever i want for dinner - "ah sure im on holiday". usually probably works out about even cause would have a bit of a swim a few times a day but then probably a good few drinks at night.

a non sun holiday - im probably a bit of a pig. well it depends what were doing. if youre off sight seeing or something not much of a chance to eat except at meals but id treat myself to dessert. but if its a stay in hotel in bed all day type all day theres loads of junk food.

I adore food....so planning where or what I am going to eat is a huge part of my preholiday buzz.
    I like to go self catering so that I take advantage of local food markets too.

I don't do sun or relaxing holidays, so I tend to eat the same but with treats to feul the running around.

Advertisement