Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta cutting out whilst driving!?! Power cut "error" displayed in dash.

Options
  • 15-02-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm hoping you can help me. My gf's ford fiesta has now cut out twice while she's driving along. The dash board flashes on/off and "error" is displayed where the fuel gauge is displayed. All power is cut, and she's had to coast to the side. :eek:

In the run up to this, she's found that the car some mornings is slow to start - low batt probably but when it's running it shouldn't cut out.

What do you think? - Anyone hear of this/similar??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

I dunno but that sounds EXTREMELY dangerous - bring the car straight to the garage, better yet get it towed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yea it is, and she's bringing it in today. Funnily enough the garage she bought it off had no interest and were only interested in booking it in in 3 months time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

is your fiesta 02 on ? if so its more than likely a throttle body problem very common on the fiesta newer shape easy job to do

yea it's a 03, throttle body you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

theres a later download that than fix it or it may need the throttle body just has to be put on diagnostic to verify

• Advertisement

Cheers! Fingers crossed thats all it is. Just after christmas no one can afford major repairs!

Advertisement