Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well finally ive been robbed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Had my bike stolen a few hours ago. It was locked outside a shop in Limerick while I went in to get bread. %th bike stolen in past 10 yrs. As it was locked I figured they must have walked it to nearby flats. I went there and spoke to some kids. I offered reward. after much discussion I got bike back for 50 euro.
    I know what you are thinking; I should have just called Garda, shouldn't have paid them etc. My plan was to get bike back first and then consider reporting theft and extortion.
    Limerick's a small place, I need now to consider the consequences of taking action against htem.

The reason I mention all this, is that if you know the area your bike may be in it could be worthwhile to put the word out that there is a reward.

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Had my bike stolen a few hours ago. It was locked outside a shop in Limerick while I went in to get bread. %th bike stolen in past 10 yrs. As it was locked I figured they must have walked it to nearby flats. I went there and spoke to some kids. I offered reward. after much discussion I got bike back for 50 euro.
    I know what you are thinking; I should have just called Garda, shouldn't have paid them etc. My plan was to get bike back first and then consider reporting theft and extortion.
    Limerick's a small place, I need now to consider the consequences of taking action against htem.

The reason I mention all this, is that if you know the area your bike may be in it could be worthwhile to put the word out that there is a reward.

good luck.

thanks but, its not in me to give a reward to these scumbags, the nearest reward i could give them is a kick in the ****ing bollix:D
    swiftly followed by me unzipping and pissing over there , "disadvantaged" ravaged body.:D:D
    fir play though id have smashed their head in and then took my bike, i dont have the time for scum, it pisses me off that the government gives them everything, and middle class get nothing.
    but back to the bikes, Gardai are being really helpful, they sent my description and pic to every station in dublin and surrounding counties.
    should see results on this.:o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

kona wrote: »
    ...it pisses me off that the government gives them everything, and middle class get nothing.

I'm sure you're very deprived. You think nobody middle class ever committed a crime?

el tonto wrote: »
    I'm sure you're very deprived. You think nobody middle class ever committed a crime?

no im not derived, hence im working and in college hence i can afford to pay for my hobbies/food/rent.
    and middle and upper class are just as bad.......they pay their way tho.
    basically im talking bout those junkie scumbags on the quays and wasters.

these ****ing wasters(not all mind you some are really cool)
    dont work, sit on their holes, steal other peoples ****, claim dole, claim every fecking benefit under gods yellow sun.
    if you ever play football, which i do, we train on the ****ing causeway because its the only light during winter.
    go to play teams in finglas, ballymun, darbdale, all the usual places, and their facilities are second to none.
    fair play if they use them, most just get ahnialated by vandals.

why dont i get grants to go to college???eh???:mad:

but this is off topic and nothing to do with bikes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You do. Who do you think pays your fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Ladies, back to the issue at hand.

el tonto wrote: »
    You do. Who do you think pays your fees?

the government, ive to pay e1000 in registration.

"disadvantaged people" get grants towards this, although if they are in college doing a real degree then fair play.

its the wasters who scratch their balls and steal stuff.
    a bloke on disability payment got charged with dangerous driving at the weekend...he drove off with a guard hanging off the side of his car.
    surley if he can do this he can work???

el tonto...are you a troll, everytime you pop your head up you go miles off topic and dumb ass arguments???

this thread is about my very expensive bike that was stolen(may not have been a skanger at all) and id like to keep it that way:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

on topic. (not that a bit of argy bargy regarding scum wouldn't be fun 'n all)

interesting development,(just as i get the replacement built:eek:)

one of the lads i know from kilbarrack swore blind he saw a junkie on my kona last night, so if anybody sees a junkie on a firemountain, please deliver a swift dropkick to the jaw,

I know where he lives so im going up to get it tonite with some of the lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Good luck with that. I'll keep an eye out for the headline "cyclist stabbed in north Dublin." ;-) But otherwise, do let us know how it goes, I am thinking that maybe some sort of stakeout to see him out on the bike might work better than a direct confrontation in which he can hide/otherwise dispose of the bike. Methinks you need video surveillance.

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    Good luck with that. I'll keep an eye out for the headline "cyclist stabbed in north Dublin." ;-) But otherwise, do let us know how it goes, I am thinking that maybe some sort of stakeout to see him out on the bike might work better than a direct confrontation in which he can hide/otherwise dispose of the bike. Methinks you need video surveillance.

ill just dropkick the bum off the bike, hes a poxy junkie, prob cant even cycle straight, give hime a few kicks too(just make sure i wear gloves, dont want no blood mixing:mad:) apparantly he sells plenty of stolen bikes, when is enough enough:D:D:D

or the easy, how much do you want for that bike?? do you mind if i have a test ride.................................

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Hope you get it back man. And deliver the Karmic Justice to said scumbag.
    Konatjustice if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

what happened with this in the end?

Igy wrote: »
    what happened with this in the end?

we went down and he didnt come out , im heading down everynight now,as apparantly he doesnt use it during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

we went down and he didnt come out , im heading down everynight now,as apparantly he doesnt use it during the day

If you know where he lives, why not just head in with the Gardai ?

Gav

Verb wrote: »
    If you know where he lives, why not just head in with the Gardai ?

Gav

already did, but tbh, i dont want them to go in as he will just get rid of the bike, also im just going on what my mate said, i believe him but i dont think its enough to get a warrant for them to go in, besides drop kick to a junkie bike thief id imagine is very satisfying.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How do u know that this was the person who stole your bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

because your parents can afford it. Anyway, do you think the knacker who robbed your bike would be arsed working for a degree?

Sorry you lost your bike, but don't bring class into it. scummers are scummers, regardless of their parents occupation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

any sign of your bike showing up?

FX Meister wrote: »
    any sign of your bike showing up?

nope, havnt seen it about, he must have sold it i think:mad:

• Advertisement

simonw wrote: »
    because your parents can afford it. Anyway, do you think the knacker who robbed your bike would be arsed working for a degree?

Sorry you lost your bike, but don't bring class into it. scummers are scummers, regardless of their parents occupation.

of course ill bring class into this, if there wasnt dirty scumbags i would still have the bike;)

but they get grants for ****ing everything, i wouldnt be suprised if they have a helper to wipe their arse because they are dis-advantaged.

but this is neither here nor there, and off topic.

Rasta, i know because this bike is 100% unique, no others out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Read a book kona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

That's a nice frame and pretty okay forks & drivetrain on that bike. Sadly, every other part on it is from Halfords.....Don't get me wrong, they're all good quality components, but they're altogether unremarkable.

30 minutes with a set of stolen allen keys and any scrote will have that bike stripped of parts with the frame fecked in a dumpster.....

A toe-rag would probably get €50 for the whole bike, but he's just as likely to get the same numbers of brown & greens for a black sack full of parts. Even the wheels are just generic off the shelf bikehut/halfords bits. Another €50 for those perhaps.....

There aren't any serial numbers on those bits and pieces, and if push came to shove, you couldn't for a minute prove they were from your bike as opposed to bought legitimately in Halfords.

Sorry Kona, genuinely am. It's a pisser having a bike stolen, but that's the way it goes. Nice bikes are stripped for parts, not sold on to someone else to get caught with it. Anyone buying that bike for next to nothing would KNOW it was stolen and wouldn't run the risk.

Gil

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    That's a nice frame and pretty okay forks & drivetrain on that bike. Sadly, every other part on it is from Halfords.....Don't get me wrong, they're all good quality components, but they're altogether unremarkable.

30 minutes with a set of stolen allen keys and any scrote will have that bike stripped of parts with the frame fecked in a dumpster.....

A toe-rag would probably get €50 for the whole bike, but he's just as likely to get the same numbers of brown & greens for a black sack full of parts. Even the wheels are just generic off the shelf bikehut/halfords bits. Another €50 for those perhaps.....

There aren't any serial numbers on those bits and pieces, and if push came to shove, you couldn't for a minute prove they were from your bike as opposed to bought legitimately in Halfords.

Sorry Kona, genuinely am. It's a pisser having a bike stolen, but that's the way it goes. Nice bikes are stripped for parts, not sold on to someone else to get caught with it. Anyone buying that bike for next to nothing would KNOW it was stolen and wouldn't run the risk.

Gil

yes the wheels where bought in halfords €140,(xero rims, giant use the exact same ,on one of their better bikes. the xero brand wheelset is usually around the €180 mark;)) the rest were crc jobs.
    dont bull**** me with your i hate halfords crap, anybody who knows their stuff knows halfords does sell decent stuff cheap(at certain times) amongst the ****e.

the forks were nothing special but decent, same with the cranks, there was nothing ott on the bike, was just a nice ride.

God you need to live around darndale and kilbarrack, stolen bikes are sold on, for e100 well around my area they are, i see them floating about with kids and the usual skangers on them. skangers dont care if they are on stolen bikes, because they are scum with no incling of how to fit into society.
    I was offered a trek fuel for e60 there the other day.

as you say some stolen bikes are stripped, the only one ive seen stripped were **** dual sus bikes. Easier and quicker to shift a full bike than parts, especially if the bike is a decent brand

dont start talking down the effort and money I put into my bikes.

Read a book kona.

in october, im finished with books for the summer, ive read more than my fair share.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Okay Kona, here's the deal. You're a liar. You say the bike stands you €1300? Wrong. You say you bought the wheels in Halfords and everything else came from CRC? You're WRONG. You're lying and I just can't understand why?

You bought an OLD model Fire Mountain, stripped the parts and put them on your old frame, then built up the frame the way you wanted. Let's be generous here and say the frame's worth €200.

Bikehut/Halfords sell the following components which are CLEARLY visible on the picture you supplied of your bike:

BIKEHUT seatpost...where else would you have got it! 30ish
    Truvativ crankset 60
    'Genuine' Aheadset 20-30
    Selle 'Racing' saddle 26
    Schwalbe city jet tyres 20ish each

I'd hazard a guess that's one of those cheapo stubbie stems and riser bars too. Throw in 40 to easily cover it. Can't think of the brand, but know for sure they're sold in Halfords (Tranz-X - In your original post). I've bought ALL of these parts there myself in the past, so don't try denying it.

I'd also guess you recycled some older bits and pieces you had lying around and maybe spent about €100 in CRC on your shifters, cables etc, if even that. I'd think it's more likely you scrounged them or picked them up on clearance from CRC. You didn't buy a bottom bracket - You used the one that came with the bike etc etc. And those forks can be had for little money or more likely came on the Fire Mountain. Want me to go dig out the thread where you actually stated you copied my idea to buy the whole bike just for the frame, then get rid of the components by selling them on your old frame? Remember that one? Been there, done it, know how much it all costs.

Adding it all up, your bike actually stands you no more than €700 or thereabouts.... I'm erring on the generous side there too, and omitting your staff discount. I'd be confident you could actually put it together for €550ish

Don't get all uppity on me now, just because I'm calling you out for telling porkies. I'm fed up with you spouting your brand of crap and then losing the plot when someone calls you out on it. I'm not talking down what you invest in time and effort into your bikes but I'm happy to talk down the crap you've come out with in this thread.

Can you honestly give any of us here one good reason to believe you? Someone broke in to the garden shed (which you actually claim has an alarm later), moved things out of the way, removed your bike, put the moved items back, closed the shed and the gate on their way out?....

Don't suppose your parents are going to let you claim for your '€1300' bike on their house insurance policy by any chance now, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

shocked-smiley-9444.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

columbo.jpg

kojak1973.jpg

Poirot%5B1%5DEpisode%2010%20TheDream_01.jpg

inspector_morse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

This started as a thread about a guy's bike being stolen. It's since turned into a tiff over how much the bike was worth.

Wherefore the namecalling and the bitchery, gentlemen?

Where is the solidarity? The love?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

Gil_Dub is in for a 'drop kick' :D and you won't catch him as Kona is a 5min/mile man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement