Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well finally ive been robbed!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

This started as a thread about a guy's bike being stolen. It's since turned into a tiff over how much the bike was worth.

Wherefore the namecalling and the bitchery, gentlemen?

Where is the solidarity? The love?

You're right - It was a thread about a bike being stolen. The OP then drifts into some creative wonderland, crafting and concocting a load of rubbish about how he's going to go pick a fight with a junkie, how scummers are filth....etc etc. The usual Kona ranting. And you know what, that's okay.

But lying about how much the bike cost or what it's actually worth (a lot less than €1300 and I'm not the only one here who knows that) just detracts from anything he might have contributed.

Sympathy is all well and good. Most if not all of us have had a bike lifted. But what's the point in trying to whoop it up into the theft of something worth twice what its real value would be? Why bother? And if you're going to tell fibs, why come to the one place where he KNOWS people will cop on to his nonsense?

I'm sorry, it's not a personal attack per se, it's just questioning why he'd abuse the good nature of the boards cycling community by telling blatant untruths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭WicklowRacer

You're spot on Gil - about time this muppet was called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Okay Kona, here's the deal. You're a liar. You say the bike stands you €1300? Wrong. You say you bought the wheels in Halfords and everything else came from CRC? You're WRONG. You're lying and I just can't understand why?

You bought an OLD model Fire Mountain, stripped the parts and put them on your old frame, then built up the frame the way you wanted. Let's be generous here and say the frame's worth €200.

Bikehut/Halfords sell the following components which are CLEARLY visible on the picture you supplied of your bike:

BIKEHUT seatpost...where else would you have got it! 30ish
    Truvativ crankset 60
    'Genuine' Aheadset 20-30
    Selle 'Racing' saddle 26
    Schwalbe city jet tyres 20ish each

I'd hazard a guess that's one of those cheapo stubbie stems and riser bars too. Throw in 40 to easily cover it. Can't think of the brand, but know for sure they're sold in Halfords (Tranz-X - In your original post). I've bought ALL of these parts there myself in the past, so don't try denying it.

I'd also guess you recycled some older bits and pieces you had lying around and maybe spent about €100 in CRC on your shifters, cables etc, if even that. I'd think it's more likely you scrounged them or picked them up on clearance from CRC. You didn't buy a bottom bracket - You used the one that came with the bike etc etc. And those forks can be had for little money or more likely came on the Fire Mountain. Want me to go dig out the thread where you actually stated you copied my idea to buy the whole bike just for the frame, then get rid of the components by selling them on your old frame? Remember that one? Been there, done it, know how much it all costs.

Adding it all up, your bike actually stands you no more than €700 or thereabouts.... I'm erring on the generous side there too, and omitting your staff discount. I'd be confident you could actually put it together for €550ish

Don't get all uppity on me now, just because I'm calling you out for telling porkies. I'm fed up with you spouting your brand of crap and then losing the plot when someone calls you out on it. I'm not talking down what you invest in time and effort into your bikes but I'm happy to talk down the crap you've come out with in this thread.

Can you honestly give any of us here one good reason to believe you? Someone broke in to the garden shed (which you actually claim has an alarm later), moved things out of the way, removed your bike, put the moved items back, closed the shed and the gate on their way out?....

Don't suppose your parents are going to let you claim for your '€1300' bike on their house insurance policy by any chance now, are they?

was it you?? you seem to know it all???

but then again gil you are a ****ing know it all.

the bike STANDS me e1300, its only worth what sombody will pay, and ill will give you that it would be a very stupid person who would give me e1300 for the bike.

The bike new is e750, which I bought brand spanking new, that paticular model came with the shifters, and drivetrain you see. also the marzocchi forks.
    i even still have the manuals with it.

my original post has the list of the upgrades (or downgrades according to you)

Im not asking anybody to believe me, being honest I couldnt give a ****e what people think of me or this kinda heirarchy(???) on this ****ing site.
    Hows your v8 doing with your 15w40??any oil leaks yet??
    your attitude is horrible, you dismiss what i reckoned you should put in due to experience with rover engines of that age because you look down on me....which is fine, but you arse licking to the others was ****ing gas, then when sombody agreed with me you were taken a back, hope your cams turn to ****.

This is the story, the bikes were taken from the shed, they didnt have to move much, just a little basket, and possibly a briquette or two.

not much effort to take a bike.

about the scumbags, it was scumbag who took it, and all odds point to the disadvantaged kind, and ill say this if i want, if you dont agree, dont reply. its that easy.

digitalage wrote: »
    Gil_Dub is in for a 'drop kick' :D and you won't catch him as Kona is a 5min/mile man

I do run 5 min miles, but drop-kick, I dont think so, i wasnt really being serious with that;)
    Not worth getting a record for assault over a piece of **** scumbag bike thief.

You're spot on Gil - about time this muppet was called out.

what re-reg are you??
    your contributions have been fantastic though:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

well this was nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement