Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old furniture

• 15-02-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

I'm in the middle of moving house and I have some old furniture I need to get rid of. I was wondering where the best place to do this is. I looked at the Civic Amenity Centre but it mentions nothing of furniture and I think is recycling only. Does the city dump still accept private visits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

Roanmore wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of moving house and I have some old furniture I need to get rid of. I was wondering where the best place to do this is. I looked at the Civic Amenity Centre but it mentions nothing of furniture and I think is recycling only. Does the city dump still accept private visits?

if its still in decent nick, try st. vincent de paul ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It's not great, it's a sofa bed which was used as a bed in the spare room. It was already second hand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya I think St. Vincents / St. Bridgets take em but only if there in good (enough) condition.

Try posting it on this group; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waterford_freecycle/. You might get lucky and someone might take it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Sully wrote: »
    Ya I think St. Vincents / St. Bridgets take em but only if there in good (enough) condition.

Try posting it on this group; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waterford_freecycle/. You might get lucky and someone might take it :)

They very rarely take them anymore unless it’s nearly new, people won’t take them off them any more. You could bring the stuff to friends of the earth out on the six cross roads behind Tony Burkes furniture, he’ll take mose things if you can’t get into the dump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

When I had a 3 piece suite and other bits to get rid of I phoned up the council and they told me how much each piece cost to get dispose of. They gave me a date that the council would collect it and I had to have a certain number of bin tags on it.

They came on the day they said they would. Very handy service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

try jumbletown.ie always someone looking for furniture and stuff (one mans rubbish etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Thanks for your help everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 well well well

Roanmore wrote: »
    Thanks for your help everyone.

waterford utility services out the new ardkeen bypass at the 6 cross roads will take all household items for a small fee

Advertisement