Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trek 1400 for 995euro

Options
  • 15-02-2008 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

i saw a trek 1400 for 995euro. the bike is in perfect condition and only 3months old. is this price good or do you think i could find better? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I assume that this year the Trek 1.5 would be the same as the Trek 1400 from last year, I just recently saw a Trek 1.5(brand new) on a UK website for sale at 600 pounds sterling which would equate to about 900 euro - of course you would then have to add on shipping costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i know a guy who paid €1400 for one less than a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

There is no 1400 model. At least none I could see on the Trek bike archives. You probably mean the 1500.

What year model is it? 2007? 995 is a bit expensive. Note that when you buy second-hand, you lose service and fitting and you can't go back to the shop to get little niggles fixed. I'd offer 700-800.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the 1.2 and 1.5 have lower specs than the similarly numbered older models? I don't think the 1.5 is the same as the 1500. 1.7 is more like it. 1.5 is Tiagra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

garo wrote: »
    There is no 1400 model. At least none I could see on the Trek bike archives. You probably mean the 1500.

What year model is it? 2007? 995 is a bit expensive. Note that when you buy second-hand, you lose service and fitting and you can't go back to the shop to get little niggles fixed. I'd offer 700-800.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the 1.2 and 1.5 have lower specs than the similarly numbered older models? I don't think the 1.5 is the same as the 1500. 1.7 is more like it. 1.5 is Tiagra.

yes there was a Trek 1400 it was around for at least 5 years up until this year, and yes the new Trek's are numbered differently. The new Trek's arent as good as the old ones apart from the new madones

You are right. There was a 1400 around. It's funny though that it doesn't show up in the Trek bikes archive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 edward8519

yes there is was a trek 1400. the one i am looking at is an '07 model. the new equivalent model is the 1.7 not the 1.5. the 1.5 equates to the 1200 model. although this one is second hand, it is only 3 months old. not a scratch on it. the guy who bought it first was reciently retired. he bought the bike and took to cycling like a duck to water. he traded in his bike for another one which cost him about 4500. the shop i am buying it from said he would give me a full warranty

If you are buying from a shop I owuld add hundred for the afters service etc. - since they are guaranteeing it, aren't they? The previous owner's guarantee isn't worth much. See if you can haggle it down to 900 or failing that ask the shop if they will throw in freebies such as shoes or clothes. Most shops do.

Advertisement