Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD on boards.ie

Options
  • 15-02-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

I work in Newstalk radio station and we're looking to talk to people who have been members of boards.ie for a while and who have formed friendships or started a club from the people they met on the site...something along those lines, any good stories that have come from you being a member of the site...maybe you've become best friends with someone you met here? If that's you then get in touch with us at life@newstalk.ie smile.gif

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Begs the question should we set up a ucd boards soc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hmmm a UCD boards society......... I would have said yes a few years ago but the comradrie between people on the UCD forum seems to have died down a lot. There was a stage when we were having meetups every week and it used to be one of the most active forums with the most intresting discussions.Its not really the same anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

posted in 9 different forums, eep! :o Hope she doesnt end up getting banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Doubt it. Dev is going to be on the show.

And yeah - i think a lot of people can get stuff out of boards.

Some of my best friends and others are from boards.

I miss teh old days though - I mean the days the dubes went to beers - what a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah its a shame your all dry shites. I blame the mods :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Yeah. It was nice when we used to meet up...

Perhaps we should organise a meet up?

Oh id love to take the reigns but the last time I did only myself and BkDzr showed up and not even at the same time. Sure there is no regular community of posters here anymore. Boards.ie serves a purpose. Ive noted that alot of posters have 1 - 10 postcounts and ask advice abourt UCD life and admin. Not the spammy crap we used to spurt. I still prefer the spam but thats just me

Yeah, nothing like a discussion about lefties or fascists in the SU to get some serious discussion going.

Grimes wrote: »
    I blame the mods :p

Im waiting for Red Alert to blame it on modularisation :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

yeah its a shame your all dry shites. I blame the mods :p
    Grimes banned for attempting to undermine my regime.

Nothing to see here, move it along.

I also blame it on Scraggs myself. Shes too good for us in this forum now. And all thats left is us posting nothing. The advisory committee for people who are too lazy to google "ucd opening hours" or wikipedia "GPA"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Oh id love to take the reigns but the last time I did only myself and BkDzr showed up and not even at the same time.
    Not my fault you can't tell the time :p

Hmm might try organise an on campus one soonish. If that fails then i'll, err, go on another pub crawl by myself! ;)
    Iwonder if going on pub crawls becase of boards.ie counts as relative to the OP's programme :D

We can invite newstalk to come and do a podcast of the night. Could prove interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You know why it is? (well in my opinion)

We lost all the fun threads.

I mean I remember that rant/woohoo thread was fun people would post about there lives, it gave people an in to get to know people. Can we have stuff like that again please now that the mods have changed???

And the UCD 20 now there's a bond that will never fade....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

It was better in my day.

You know why it is? (well in my opinion)

We lost all the fun threads.

I mean I remember that rant/woohoo thread was fun people would post about there lives, it gave people an in to get to know people. Can we have stuff like that again please now that the mods have changed???

And the UCD 20 now there's a bond that will never fade....

What? Are you mad women? And bring back everything that was good about this forum? Stop talking crazy! You want people passing spam and not letting the n00bs in on the clique?!

Mad Woman !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I also blame it on Scraggs myself. Shes too good for us in this forum now. And all thats left is us posting nothing. The advisory committee for people who are too lazy to google "ucd opening hours" or wikipedia "GPA"

I got busy... I blame modularisation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

It was better in my day.

What he said :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm going to put it down to the fact that I left UCD....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

It was better in my day.
    +1

Chinafoot I think would be the main really good mate I made thru the UCD boards forum that I might not have met otherwise... So worth all the hours I procrastinated on this bloody thing then!:D

+1

Chinafoot I think would be the main really good mate I made thru the UCD boards forum that I might not have met otherwise... So worth all the hours I procrastinated on this bloody thing then!:D

Yep! Ditto for you. That beers with myself, yourself, Blondie and Red Alert was great! :p The beginning of a long, smoke and drink filled friendship....and long may it continue :)

all still lurkers apparently. freaks ! :p

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Yep! Ditto for you. That beers with myself, yourself, Blondie and Red Alert was great! :p The beginning of a long, smoke and drink filled friendship....and long may it continue :)

Heh! That was good fun alright - I think we had nearly a weekly meetup for a while after that. And remember the mystery over Zane?

Don't worry Panda - course I'll find a way to blame it on the old modularization ;)

Red Alert wrote: »
    Heh! That was good fun alright - I think we had nearly a weekly meetup for a while after that. And remember the mystery over Zane?

Haha yeah!

And don't forget Mr. Nice Guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Whatever you say about this place, it's still better than the UCC forum :(

It was better a few years ago though, made some good friends out of this place. Had a good New Year's Eve in Glasgow visting Cruiserweight, that'd never have happened if I hadn't met him at a UCD beers.

PS. UCD 20 4EVA!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rain on wrote: »
    PS. UCD 20 4EVA!!!1
    Now that brings back memories!

Haha yeah, the shaaaame!

Former mod gets banned. :p

It was definitely great a few years back. We'd a nice little community here.

why were you all banned again. I cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

why were you all banned again. I cant remember.
    If I said what I was banned for I'd probably get banned again..

Advertisement