Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next GH announced

Options
  • 15-02-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith featuring ~30 Aerosmith songs and some bands that have opened for them...

Sounds like it's only for the hardcore GH/Aerosmith fans...

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lame. Guitar Hero: Kiss, now there's a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Makaveli wrote: »
    Lame. Guitar Hero: Kiss, now there's a winner.

Surprised it hasn't been thrown out there as a concept already...Read an interview with Gene Simmons and they fully admit that they are out to make money and market the "KISS" brand.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Heres a couple of screenshots

guitar-hero-aerosmith_announce-scre.jpg

kmxretro-ghaerosmith.jpg

Also if you have GH3 for XBOX 360 you can download 'Dream on' from tomorrow until 18th Feb.

Love it or Hate it you'll probably buy it if you like Guitar Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Guitar Hero : Thin Lizzy anyone ?? :):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Aerosmith's Dream On is available now.... (free download)

• Advertisement

Fun song... easy enough though.... It'd be about tier 2 or 3 if it was in the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Has GH jumped the shark?

Not a massive Aerosmith fan but i doubt I'd have any desire to play a lot of their songs. I think narrowing 'games' down to bands only is a bad way to go. They should just take a leaf from RB and put full albums up for download, seems to me a better idea and it would save the company money as there's no packaging/manufacturing to be done.

Still wouldn't say no to a GH: Rolling Stones or Beatles.

It's all going very EA. I don't think band specific games are a particularly good idea.

Tried the free song there, it's Lacuna Coil - Closer difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Guitar Hero: Dragon force anyone?!

Right, I'll pack my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Bah!

Love Guitar Hero.

Don't love Aerosmith. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I wonder, would Aerosmith be as popular (would they even be around, maybe) if it wasn't for Walk This Way? It's not even that good, it just has Run DMC and a nice riff.

Or Alicia Silverstone? In fairness, they have some good songs. The success of this package will be down to whether they put in tracks that everyone knows, or obscure tracks from the 70s and early 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think it's ridiculous, they should be releasing it as DLC not an entirely new game. They've really screwed up with DLC already, while I've already got 106 songs for Rock Band. I don't I'll be buying another Guitar Hero game after how badly Activision have screwed around with GHIII. Hopefully it won't sell that well and they'll rethink their strategy. I don't see why they can't do full album DLC like Harmonix are doing with Who's Next and Nevermind.

How much are the songs costing you for Rock Band? Is it more resonable than the DLC 3-packs for GH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Makaveli wrote: »
    How much are the songs costing you for Rock Band? Is it more resonable than the DLC 3-packs for GH?

Yeah it works out cheaper as far as I know, plus you can buy the songs individually if you want for $1.99 and most of the time there's packs of the three songs for $5.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

The only one of those I'd buy would be this.

Heh... nice one Jack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Heh... nice one Jack :)

Yes, very nice. I was almost in tears laughing! Great find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What I can't understand about an Aerosmith pack is that around a third of their best songs are Power Ballads with little guitar rockage or songs like Pink where the solo is with a harmonica. Having said that, I love Janey's got a gun

Advertisement