Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best/approciate Alcoholic Drinks for Females?

Options
  • 15-02-2008 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

So when i go out i drink everything but what is the best drink for females???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

How do you mean?

Surely the best drink for anyone is just whatever they like the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

apologises for spelling mistakes in thread title

What is the appropriate/acceptable drink that females should drink?

I'm think pints and downing shots are not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

well if you drink pints you have as much chance at looking classy as Katie Price.

ok i'd give a serious answer but I have no idea what you are on about. So please explain more

edit: just saw you posted while I posted and your response still doesn't really make sense. Is this from a health point of view or purly aesthetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

What do you mean by appropriate though? I drink pints and shots all the time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

lizann wrote: »
    apologises for spelling mistakes in thread title

Everyone is different so I would go with what each individual likes and what they can handle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Not sure what you mean by appropriate/acceptable surely its up to each person what they like to drink. The situation would influence what I drink I tend to drink bottles if out dancing as I wouldn't like to be carrying pints around. When we go to the pub after work it would be a pint or a pot of tea. If its a night out and the bar has a good rep for cocktails I'd try them. I don't like wine so I don't drink it. All my friends both female and male have different prefences when it comes to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

well i personally Drink your Typical "Girly" fizzy crap and Vodka. ooh and Malibu.

the only thing i Drink in a pint glass the odd time is Bulmers.
    i wish i could do shots....Bbblleeuurrgghhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Whatever tastes good. If I want to drink a pint, by **** I'm going to drink a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Isn't wine, g&t or vodka and diet coke all the acceptable girly drinks.

Personally i drink everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

its actaully quite unnatractive to see a girl drinking a pint of guiness IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

king-stew wrote: »
    its actaully quite unnatractive to see a girl drinking a pint of guiness IMO!

I know a lot of men who think a woman drinking a pint of Guiness is very sexy. I have no idea why.

I'm a whiskey and diet coke girl myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

I think a woman with a pint in her hand is just simply wrong. Shots well apart from the price of the dam things, I think women in general need to rethink..........that one as we shoud have some dignity when we are out on the town. I know many (prob 98%) will not agree with me!
    Bring back the old days!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'll drink what I want, when I want, in whatever I want - pint, glass, shot.

Anyone who says it's 'not sexy' or 'not suitable for a woman' needs to take a long look at themselves and their attitudes. Its a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Everything too?

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'll drink what I want, when I want, in whatever I want - pint, glass, shot.

Anyone who says it's 'not sexy' or 'not suitable for a woman' needs to take a long look at themselves and their attitudes. Its a drink.

Water is a drink, I think you miss the point that it is more than just a "drink". If one drinks 12 glasses of water it has no affect on the brain whereas 12 drinks with alcohol is a totally different ball game. I think your the one that needs to have a long look at yourself and your attiude. Can you (or any female) really look after yourself after a few drinks? That is the question that you may not be able to give an honest answer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

annie19 wrote: »
    I think a woman with a pint in her hand is just simply wrong. Shots well apart from the price of the dam things, I think women in general need to rethink..........that one as we shoud have some dignity when we are out on the town. I know many (prob 98%) will not agree with me!
    Bring back the old days!
    WTF? A troll I presume? Oh and there's more of it. We're actually talking about types of drink - not levels of drunkenness. Having a few drinks as you put it is having three or four drinks, not 12. And Silverfish's attitude? What attitude? I'm a female and yes, I can look after myself after a few drinks... Nope, no dishonesty there.

OP, why on earth do you think there's an "appropriate" and an "inappropriate" type of drink for females? I've to be careful how I word this or other posters will accuse me of going all femi-nazi... actually no, I don't think there'd be any objections if I politely (not maliciously, mind) suggested to you to just think for yourself, drink what you want to drink, and stop puzzling over how you behave and how others perceive you just because you happen to have a vagina.

Having a pint is dignified, having 12 bottles of WKD (a "girlie" drink) and being carried out by the bouncer with puke dribbling out of your mouth is undignified. And vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I drink pints.

I down shots.

I'm a failure as a woman. ;_;

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I drink pints.

I down shots.

I'm a failure as a woman. ;_;

Join AA??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Water is a drink, I think you miss the point that it is more than just a "drink". If one drinks 12 glasses of water it has no affect on the brain whereas 12 drinks with alcohol is a totally different ball game. I think your the one that needs to have a long look at yourself and your attiude. Can you (or any female) really look after yourself after a few drinks? That is the question that you may not be able to give an honest answer too.

I didn't say anything about the amount I drink. I don't drink a lot.

You are saying I shouldn't have a pint glass in my hand. That, in my opinion, is your issue, not mine. Sorry, but I drink guinness, and that does not taste the same in a glass. I will not change what I drink for appearances.... especially to satisfy what other people think.

im only messing

• Advertisement

Join AA??

What the hell has Aqua Aerobics got to do with me being an un-classy lady?

GTFO!

Silverfish wrote: »
    I didn't say anything about the amount I drink. I don't drink a lot.

You are saying I shouldn't have a pint glass in my hand. That, in my opinion, is your issue, not mine. Sorry, but I drink guinness, and that does not taste the same in a glass. I will not change what I drink for appearances.... especially to satisfy what other people think.

I just dont think its lady like and first appearances says alot! Thats all I have to say about the matter. You may not care what other ppl think, thats your decision.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    What the hell has Aqua Aerobics got to do with me being an un-classy lady?
    Thats not what i meant by AA! so you admit it is un-classy?? I think your on the path to being true to yourself!

I just dont think its lady like and first appearances says alot! Thats all I have to say about the matter. You may not care what other ppl think, thats your decision.

what does first appearances have to do with any of this? I have a pint in the pub with the people I work with I'm pretty sure they already know me.

Thats not what i meant by AA! so you admit it is un-classy?? I think your on the path to being true to yourself!
    Ah listen im only messing bout the above but i think a pint glass doesnt look right!

Sarcasm, goddamnit.

Ok, I see from other posts of yours that you're only a teenager. Here are some points worth noting which you'll hopefully come to terms with as you get older:

"Lady-like" is subjective - a girl wearing baggy pants and a hoodie and drinking a pint of Guinness might look a lot less ladylike than a girl wearing a pastel dress and strappy shoes and drinking a vodka and orange. But at the end of the night, it could be the girl in the dress who's passed out on the footpath with her face in a pool of vomit, or getting thrown out for bottling someone.

"Lady-like" is a very dated term - come on, it's 2008.

First appearances do not always say anything, never mind "a lot".

It generally does not matter what other people think of you (especially strangers). Worrying about same is usually futile.

Usually ppl meet new ppl on a night out. even a drink with few work mates.....thats just my feelings on the issue....you dont have to agree with a dosy cow like me

Usually ppl meet new ppl on a night out. even a drink with few work mates....

Still don't see what that has to do with drinking pints.

Also the drinks that come in pints usually have a lower alcohol content then the so called "girly" drinks like vodka and coke/orange etc.

• Advertisement

I drink vodka and diet Coke - try not to binge on it but I can get bloody ****faced sometimes. My mates all drink beer and don't end up half as messy as I sometimes do.

Advertisement