Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best/approciate Alcoholic Drinks for Females?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I drink pints all the time when I'm out and don't think there's anythink un-ladylike about it, those ideas are so outdated it's laughable that people still subscribe to them :rolleyes: "Girly drink" my fanny adams, I'll drink what I like especially if I'm paying for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The only reason I don't drink beer is cos I've a yeast allergy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If someone I met on a night out was narrow-minded enough to be dismissive of me because of whatever I was drinking, then I don't think I'd be too pushed about making an impression.

annie19 wrote: »
    I just dont think its lady like and first appearances says alot! Thats all I have to say about the matter. You may not care what other ppl think, thats your decision.

I think this ladylike stuff is bullcrap but I would think less of someone who would base an impression of a person on their choice of glassware.

Women should ditch the diet mixers, without the sugar you get drunk quicker. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

LadyJ wrote: »
    What do you mean by appropriate though? I drink pints and shots all the time.....

Classy burd ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I rarely drink but when I do it'd be Kopparburg, something nice and sweet that doesn't have a high volume of alcohol, I'm the first to admit I'm a lightweight! Three pints and I'm happy out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I rarely drink but when I do it'd be Kopparburg, something nice and sweet that doesn't have a high volume of alcohol, I'm the first to admit I'm a lightweight! Three pints and I'm happy out! :)

the mixed berries koppaberg is 5.5% - more than most beers & alcopops.

I drink the Pear one, it's either 4% or 4.5%, can't remember, mixed berry one is horrible imo.

Haha Dudess just saw your post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah but you're only a pup! When I was your age (ew, that sounds ancient!) three cans of cider and I'd be nearly comatose.

I drink the Pear one, it's either 4% or 4.5%, can't remember, mixed berry one is horrible imo.

Haha Dudess just saw your post!

yeah the berries 1 is horrible. i like the apple & pear, but could only have 1 or 2, too sweet to be drinking pint after pint of it.

& yes i drink it in a pint glass! how manly of me :D

• Advertisement

+ 1 for the pint glass ;)

btw I think the Mojito is every girls best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm 100% in agreement with LadyJ - whatever the hell you like to drink. I drink whiskey, normally neat, otherwise with ice/water/lemonade. I also like sipping tequila, but when you ask for a tequila people always assume you want a shot. I enjoy Kopparberg, used to drink Bulmers but it tears my stomach to shreds. I can't drink beer, because anyone standing too close will be wearing it within minutes of me finishing half a glass (never mind a pint!), it's probably the only drink that makes me vomit. I like some cocktails, I occasionally like bicardi (not breezers) or vodka. Malibu, peach schnapps etc. are overly sweet imho, so I usually avoid them.

I don't see how any of the above dictates whether I'm a "laydee" or not. Maybe I should grow a moustache and carry a parasol, just to clear the situation up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I used to drink pints of Smithwicks. It was all I drank for years. If there was a night that passed without somebody making a comment I dont remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I'm 100% in agreement with LadyJ - whatever the hell you like to drink. I drink whiskey, normally neat, otherwise with ice/water/lemonade. I also like sipping tequila, but when you ask for a tequila people always assume you want a shot. I enjoy Kopparberg, used to drink Bulmers but it tears my stomach to shreds. I can't drink beer, because anyone standing too close will be wearing it within minutes of me finishing half a glass (never mind a pint!), it's probably the only drink that makes me vomit. I like some cocktails, I occasionally like bicardi (not breezers) or vodka. Malibu, peach schnapps etc. are overly sweet imho, so I usually avoid them.

I don't see how any of the above dictates whether I'm a "laydee" or not. Maybe I should grow a moustache and carry a parasol, just to clear the situation up.

Purple People Eater!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Guinness drinking ladies are just wonderful. No argument :) Not biased at all by the fact that I used to drink Guinness (don't drink for the time being and it's the only drink I sometimes miss).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

You can drink whatever you want whenever you want. It doesn't matter what you drink. It only matters how much you drink. If you're worried about how you look then don't get sh*t-faced. There's nothing more unattractive than a staggering, drooling, votmitting drunk - whether they be male or female.

On a side note - I'm a bacardi or white wine lady. Just can't stand beer, wish I could cos it's so much cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

king-stew wrote: »
    its actaully quite unnatractive to see a girl drinking a pint of guiness IMO!

Yeah cos obviously if she is out in a pub drinking a pint she has escaped from the kitchen sink...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I would generally drink pints if im out but that because they're cheaper and sit better in my stomach.id mix in a few alcopops but they get sickeningly sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i drink pints of Guinness and i cant understand how some people would find that unsexy or undignified..im a fully grown ,completely independant woman and ill drink whatever i want..my best nights out have been when me and boyf decided to go for a quick pint in some old man pub, and then our mates come in and the craic is had, big time..surely its sexy to see a woman happy and smiling having a laugh no matter what the hell she is drinking..jesus..for all the ladies i recommend trying it..its such a happy different kindo of drunk too..different to spirits and beer..its hard to explain..but its brill..and its lower in calories to beer and other sugar loaded drinks...fact...in the States its marketed towards ladies this way..or so i was told..open to correction..i love guinness..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pints are manly. It looks inelegant to drink a pint.

Cocktails look really classy but are generally expensive. I drink peach schnapps and cranberry juice. Very nice.

Pythia wrote: »

Cocktails look really classy but are generally expensive. I drink peach schnapps and cranberry juice. Very nice.

but does that make it inappropriate?

id love to spend my life drinking cocktails but my bank balance wont allow it :( at least with a pint you can (mostly) be sure itll taste as it should (although i once got a pint of bulmers that smelt like old socks & tasted worse). cocktails are only as good as the person making them. i got a cosmopolitan last night, cost me 8.50 & there was waaaaaay too much lime in it. id rather drink something i like than pay expensive prices to look elegant (but as i said i do love my cocktails..)

ive a feeling i didnt make much sense there. i blame last nights cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i tend to prefer girls who drink either pints, bottles or a vodka and mixer but pints are best. I just reckon it says the girls more likely to have a personality and to be a bit independant. Tend to not like girls drinking sweet alcaholic drinks like b breezers or smirnoff ice, always reckon theyll be boring and old fashioned. As for cocktails the odd ones grand but someone who drinks them all the time comes accross as a high maintenance poser.
    All that said ive been meeting up with a lovely smirnoff ice drinker recently so does it really matter?

Do girls make judgements on what guys drink? I generally go for a larger but also drink murphys, smithicks, the odd shot and to constant sarcastic comments the odd vodka and bitter lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Pythia wrote: »

yeah cocktails can be yummy but expensive and also not practical if your going for a drink after work with some work mates. Last summer we use to always head to this great beer garden beside the river for a post work drink around 7 or 8 - it was usually just one pint or pot of tea before heading home, would have looked odd sitting there with a big fancy cocktail in front of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I don't feel any classier when I drink a cocktail.
    Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Have given up the booze but was definitely a pints girl. It just tastes better in a proper glass. I don't buy into this bullshít of how it doesn't "look" right. Who gives a shít?

As has already been pointed out, if someone is going to judge you purely on what type of glass you have in your hand then they're not someone you should be bothered with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Haha this is a silly thread!

I like the odd pint of guinness when it's pulled right :) Usually drink beers out of bottles now cos I drink slowly and don't like it when it gets warm.

Each to their own like. Who gives a damn. Anyway don't tell me you only go to the pub when you're on the pull OP??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Yeah cos obviously if she is out in a pub drinking a pint she has escaped from the kitchen sink...

if you say so......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Invincible

Think it's great to see a lass drinking a glass of porter,shows she's unpretentious and modern:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

So, if a guy drinks from a glass does that make him unmanly? :rolleyes:

Drink what you want, out of whatever floats your boat !!!

Advertisement