Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running tracks on campus

Options
  • 15-02-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I've recently taken up running and am getting bored of the gym. The sports centre used to have maps of runs around campus but they don't have them anymore. i was wondering if anyone had a map of the mile loop or the 3 mile loop around campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

what about just using the running track itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I've definitely seen maps of the mile loop at the stand by the information desk at the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

PennyLane wrote: »
    I've definitely seen maps of the mile loop at the stand by the information desk at the gym.
    So have I but the bloke at the desk said they'd run out and lost the original when I asked today.

Running around the running track would be too boring i'd prefer to do it around campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Do laps of the soccer/gaa pitches outide Roebuck/Merville!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Mushy wrote: »
    Do laps of the soccer/gaa pitches outide Roebuck/Merville!

This is where I used to run

Start at Glenomena, run up to to Arts, along the Library building under the rain thing, along up by science. Make use of the gravel pits outside the Science building to work the legs. Cross the road and head on up to sports.

Turn left there at the Ped Crossing, and sprint on down to the bottom of that field, run along as if you are now heading back to where you came from with the Church on your left and the GAA pitches on your right.

Jog on down till you are now at the back of the Library building and turn right. Jog up the hill {tarmac now} with the Observatory/Tennis courts on your right. Head on up to the Creche and then turn right at the top, then right again down the tarmac stretch alongside the GAA pitches.

Repeat if neccessary!!!

I used to do this after I did a couple hundred pushups. The running track will break your heart..laps of a track. Come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Around the woodland preserve/secret lake is lovely and it's a woodchip track. Then up past student sentre, GAA pitches, over to the woods on the clonskeagh side. I only go for walks, maybe it's not a big enough run.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

lizzyvera wrote: »
    Around the woodland preserve/secret lake is lovely and it's a woodchip track. Then up past student sentre, GAA pitches, over to the woods on the clonskeagh side. I only go for walks, maybe it's not a big enough run.

Where is the lake? I'm looking for a run thats about a mile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

The track is fantastic if youve dodgy knees, much better for them than running on concrete. The less people that use it the better though, I enjoy running around it by myself, makes me feel like im rich enough to own one in my garden!

Advertisement