Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with vBulletin® Version 3.6.8

Options
  • 15-02-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know this is not specifically Help for Boards.ie but I was hoping someone knew the answer and was willing to share.
    btw, I’ve posted on other forums (vBulletin forums and ones for Dev, modding and so on of vBulletin) also but had very little success but seeing as you guys have added so much to vBulletin over the years... :)

Ok, I Mod a THQ forum for one of their games and since we have gone from closed beta to open beta we have had an influx of spammers. Now we have tried to curve this but had little success.

Recently one of the admins had a brain wave but we have not been able to implement it.
    The idea was to restrict users from posting hot links and pictures unless their account had 5 days and or 10 posts on it. We hoped to achieve this by creating a user group and, using the promotions tool, all new users would go there. Then everyone in that group would have this restriction. But turns out you cannot restrict the posting of links or pictures through any user group. Only through the forum but we don’t want to affect everyone, just new accounts for a few days and or a number of posts.

Has anyone any idea how to achieve this? Or has anyone got an idea how to do it better?

Advertisement