Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown box telephone connection? BB pics included

Options
  • 15-02-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi can anyone explain these pictures to me just the telephone bit the brown box with the colorful wires i have broadband and cant upgrade to 8mb because of my line i only on 1mb would i need to replace that brown thing or attach new fibre please reply thanks:) whitebox2.jpg AND whitebox_5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'd recommend getting an expert to look at it. I can't tell what's happening in the picture and the set up is different to my own so can't really help. :)

Engineer call out to safe I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 makaveli_2pac

thanks for the reply ill do that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

The cable coming up from the ground which should have a thick black plastic around it normally has 4 different coloured wires in it. Yours is different which I have never seen before. Normally the line comes in on the orange and white pair, but as I said yours has different colour co-ordinations.

From the white and orange pair in the thick black cable this should be terminated into the two blue pair's inside the soft white plastic going back into your house.
    But I also see that someone has used the orange pair which is quiet unusual again as the blue pair is pretty much standard in Ireland.

It looks like the blue pair was used before, this may at sometime probably has been switched over to the orange pair due to a problem in the blue pair, ie short, open, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Now that I look at it again, you do have the correct drop from your etu box on the side of your house out to the curb. The colour are white orange, green & black. the line comes in on the white/orange and is terminated to the orange pair which is the drop into your house.

Advertisement