Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options
  • 15-02-2008 5:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

For those who are unaware, the exam results are out: http://studentssp.wit.ie/LOGIN/?APP=OLEXAMRESULT

Further delays were expected, but it all worked out and there up (some people seem to have difficulties).

If you have any questions, just ask. Im going to put together an exam guide to help people with the basic stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

did anyone else get letters instead of numbers for their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

One person I know did, dunno why. I wonder is it to do with college wanting to become Uni standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Were the letters U, N, I by any chance???:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Minto: What letter? So far, I have came across "FC" and "I". People who failed subjects were told they passed also. It seems the mess continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    Minto: What letter? So far, I have came across "FC" and "I". People who failed subjects were told they passed also. It seems the mess continues!

Sully i think you should try somehow to combine this thread with the WIT university one. Might make a point about yet another c**k up in WIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

They are getting A, B, C, D etc. instead of the percentages. It's kinda f*cked up, but I've come to expect it, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

FC = fail compensate

not that i know i did deadly :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

coadyj: James right? I never thought you would know a fail term :p

Where you getting that from anyway, and what exactly does it mean? From what I am told, it means the fail was compensated by other marks - I thought compensation was only done on request of the student?

Iv figured out the "I" - it means the students exam has been deferred meaning they resit there exam in August and its marked as a "first time". Normally done if a student as a good reason why he did ****ty in an exam, or handed in a certificate saying he was sick. In the cases iv came across, they believed they did very well in the exam and don't understand why its deferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Passed everything :) Got 97 in server scripting. Oh yeah!!

coadyj wrote: »
    FC = fail compensate

not that i know i did deadly :)

Seems incorrect from what I was told today. FC is actually Failed Component which means that there is an issue with your continuous assessment and to contact the lecturer.
    dlofnep wrote: »
    Passed everything :) Got 97 in server scripting. Oh yeah!!

Fair play :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks Sully! :D

Bring on the next exams. We've work experience from June onwards, so won't have to worry about exams for the first semester of 3rd year. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

coadyj: James right? I never thought you would know a fail term :p

Where you getting that from anyway, and what exactly does it mean? From what I am told, it means the fail was compensated by other marks - I thought compensation was only done on request of the student?

Iv figured out the "I" - it means the students exam has been deferred meaning they resit there exam in August and its marked as a "first time". Normally done if a student as a good reason why he did ****ty in an exam, or handed in a certificate saying he was sick. In the cases iv came across, they believed they did very well in the exam and don't understand why its deferred.

In trinity thats what it meant, not sure about WIT though. Justed assumed.

Ya think it will be all the same eh? :) At least we know now what it means in WIT!

Advertisement