Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CherrySue

I've noticed some people respond to their alter ego on threads and competitions too. Keyser Soze has nothing on some of 'em :)

Agree though that a certain group of people will begin to recognise each other, become friendly and tag each other when a new competition comes up.

I would think that some of these folks have rooms full of prizes that really don't mean anything to them. It's the thrill of the win, I guess.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)(Will keep schtum about it now)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

CherrySue wrote: »
    I've noticed some people respond to their alter ego on threads and competitions too. Keyser Soze has nothing on some of 'em :)

Agree though that a certain group of people will begin to recognise each other, become friendly and tag each other when a new competition comes up.

I would think that some of these folks have rooms full of prizes that really don't mean anything to them. It's the thrill of the win, I guess.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)(Will keep schtum about it now)

HA! You should call them out if you see them responding to their alter ego, that is really effed up, or block them. I will be keeping an eye out for these weirdos ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

foodie66 wrote: »
    HA! You should call them out if you see them responding to their alter ego, that is really effed up, or block them. I will be keeping an eye out for these weirdos ;)

I seen a kid enter loads of times with different variants of his name up, guess what? He won the iPad.

Gman1 wrote: »
    I seen a kid enter loads of times with different variants of his name up, guess what? He won the iPad.

Wow, well there you go, it pays to cheat and lie :(

If anyone suspects any blatant messing about like this PM the page owner and let them know. I know if i was generous enough to be giving away an ipad i would want somebody decent to have it, or at least somebody winning it fairly. I remember something like this happening on one of the Beauty pages during the 12 days of Christmas giveaways. They discovered afterwards that one of the winners had made an alias, or something like that. It was too late by then as the prize had been posted.

Sorry too for hijacking but i think it's good to be aware of these things. Happy comping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whatsyourface

Sorry but some of us are genuine people who break one simple law of entering comps [*GASP* how could we do such a terrible cruel thing?!!...Get a life!] I'm addicted to winning things- but i want em all in the comps i enter. If i didn't i'd give them to someone who did want them. I add a few other compers too so i can discover new competitions. There's nothing wrong with it like - like HOW the f**k am i doing anything wrong?! I'm promoting the businesses by entering the comps so they wouldn't care. I do have an extra page yeah - but so would ye if ye constantly entered competitions and people were complaining about their news feed being full of your updates. Do me a favour and mind yer own f***ing business!!

Sorry about the aggro but i dont approve of how ye accuse people of doing wrong when they're not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

Nobody accusing you of anything. But cheaters are scum and ruin competitions for everyone else. End of. Back to the topic now

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Whatsyourface

thegift06 wrote: »
    Nobody accusing you of anything. But cheaters are scum and ruin competitions for everyone else. End of. Back to the topic now

Ill agree with you there.... Theres some people who will change their facebook names when facebook announce a prize and claim it as their own - even though they haven't entered. (Happened me..) I think facebook should tag their winners when they're announced..

Sorry but some of us are genuine people who break one simple law of entering comps [*GASP* how could we do such a terrible cruel thing?!!...Get a life!] I'm addicted to winning things- but i want em all in the comps i enter. If i didn't i'd give them to someone who did want them. I add a few other compers too so i can discover new competitions. There's nothing wrong with it like - like HOW the f**k am i doing anything wrong?! I'm promoting the businesses by entering the comps so they wouldn't care. I do have an extra page yeah - but so would ye if ye constantly entered competitions and people were complaining about their news feed being full of your updates. Do me a favour and mind yer own f***ing business!!

Sorry about the aggro but i dont approve of how ye accuse people of doing wrong when they're not...

WTF? Calm down and discuss things in a rational and mature manner. Nobody was accusing YOU of anything. Nobody is talking about people who make a separate page using the SAME name (while still entering only once)so as not to spam their friends. Read properly!
    Ill agree with you there.... Theres some people who will change their facebook names when facebook announce a prize and claim it as their own - even though they haven't entered. (Happened me..) I think facebook should tag their winners when they're announced..

And then you follow it with this which is EXACTLY what we are talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

whinge whinge whinge..."I'm an addict"

Addicted to competitions? more like you're greedy, just enter a competition once like a normal person. The only reason for you to enter a competition for something you don't even want is just greed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Psychobabble

Let's keep this thread on topic. This is generally a friendly, supportive thread, where people celebrate each other's wins and post competitions in a spirit of friendliness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 imPhilip

Win a years free travel on the Luas

http://www.luas.ie/i-love-luas.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Angry much?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Babyroo

Today's Daily prize for Valentine's Week on stylesiren.ie

5 x Lindt Lindor Heart Amour Chocolate Box

http://stylesiren.ie/win-5-x-lindt-amour-heart-box/
    Closes Friday 10th @ 9am

Also coming up in next 5 days...

Friday 10th February - A Blackberry 9360 Curve.
    Saturday 11th February - For Him, Vichy Homme Goodies including Hydra Mag moisturizer (€18.50), shaving foam (€9.00), after shave balm (€17.50) and treatment for targeting thinning hair (€41.00)
    Saturday 11th February - For Her, VOYA Body Gift (€40) set including Squeaky Clean body wash and Softly Does It body moisturise.
    Sunday 12th February - €50 Voucher for Dealz.ie
    Monday13th February - A pair of EMU Australia Stinger Lo SS12 Boots in Pink €179
    Tuesday 14th February - A romantic overnight stay for two in The Limerick Strand Hotel including dinner and breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

Reported...that's out of order aggression for a thread with an exceptionally good-willed vibe.

Yep it's another Valentine's Week Daily Comp on stylesiren.ie

Today it's for a BlackBerry® Curve™ 9360

http://stylesiren.ie/win-blackberry%C2%AE-curve%E2%84%A2-9360/

Closes tomorrow, 9am Saturday 11th Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 CherrySue

Win a stunning, new season Clarins blush in this Valentines Giveaway

http://www.cherrysuedointhedo.com/2012/02/valentines-giveaway-to-make-you-blush.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Apologies if its been posted already, win 50 euro one 4all voucher

http://www.facebook.com/bestwesternireland?sk=app_79458893817

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Dundrum Shopping centre giving away fantastic prize for Valentine's day on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/bestwesternireland?sk=app_79458893817#!/DundrumTC?sk=app_196830017033115

One very lucky customer is going to win:

* A Molton Brown Gift Box
    * A Kiehls Gift Box
    * A €50 Coast Voucher & a diamante Coast Necklace
    * A white gold Heart Necklace from Fields Jewellers
    * A Pandora Bracelet & heart-shaped jewellery box
    * A stunning pink dress from Fran & Jane
    * A couples pampering massage in The Spa, now open on Level 5
    * An M&S Valentines Dine-In For 2 along with heart decorated champagne flutes
    * A Giddy Studios Family Portrait
    * A luxurious mens grooming package from Knights Barbers
    * A €150 Gift Voucher from Pamela Scott
    * A meal for 2 and a luxury Elemis facial in Harvey Nichols
    * Luscious Lindt Chocolates

Yay me! I just won Xbox Live points over on the Vodafone forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I don't want to stir things up but I'm wondering how people feel about the 'enter as many times as you like' competitions such as on entertainment.ie. They have alot of them. Would you enter multiple times or just the once?

Two daily comps on stylesiren.ie today for Valentine's Week.

For Her - VOYA Body Gift (€40) set including Squeaky Clean body wash and Softly Does It body moisturise.
    http://stylesiren.ie/win-for-her-voya-body-gift-set/

For Him - Vichy Homme Goodies including Hydra Mag moisturizer (€18.50), shaving foam (€9.00), after shave balm (€17.50) and treatment for targeting thinning hair (€41.00)
    http://stylesiren.ie/win-for-him-vichy-homme-goodies/

Both close at 9am tomorrow, Sunday, 12th February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

Just won an iPad :D So happy!! I must have entered at least 50 times with fake Facebook accounts but it was worth it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

CiaranK wrote: »
    I don't want to stir things up but I'm wondering how people feel about the 'enter as many times as you like' competitions such as on entertainment.ie. They have alot of them. Would you enter multiple times or just the once?

I do not bother entering multiple times just once gets my name in the hat after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

They are really nice! and its a new Irish business
    http://www.facebook.com/cufflinksireland

actually i think this is the link

http://www.offthecuff.ie/blogs/news/5511382-win-a-pair-of-cufflinks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

Just won an iPad :D So happy!! I must have entered at least 50 times with fake Facebook accounts but it was worth it lol

I certainly don't agree with that , think its a very selfish thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Congrats-who did you win it with?

Marioda wrote: »

Irish begrudgery is alive and well. Why can't you just congratulate me and move on?

This used to be such a good-spirited thread. Lots of nasty, mean comments lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Irish begrudgery is alive and well. Why can't you just congratulate me and move on?

This used to be such a good-spirited thread. Lots of nasty, mean comments lately

Oh, Knock the mean and nasty comments.
    Say nothing about the mean and nasty cheating people using fake accounts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

Less arguing and more comps people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

Funny you should say that as I am a longer standing member here and you've just joined. I would happily Congratulate you if you had won fairly.

Marioda wrote: »

I don't think it's great. People could have bots and that entering thousands of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Haven't been on here for ages any body win anything decent recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

deelite wrote: »
    Haven't been on here for ages any body win anything decent recently?

Not me anyway, I'm hopeless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

well i spend on average 3 hrs a day doing comps..
    in the last 3 to 4 months i have won a box of maltesers...
    :eek:...but it passes the time being unemployed..

Competition: Win a Vintage Rolls Royce and Cake from Bake My ...

blacktie.ie/.../competition-win-a-vintage-rolls-royce-and-cake-from-b...Cached
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    2 days ago - CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM -> Find out more about our competition partner by visiting their website

2nd Last Day in Valentine's Week Daily Competitions on stylesiren.ie.

Win! A Pair of EMU Australia Pink 'Stinger' Lo Boots €179

http://stylesiren.ie/win-emu-australia-boots/

www.facebook.com/bewleysireland
    Competition to win a voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

A few concert ticket comps here - Guns n Roses & brian Kennedy etc

FREE to enter :)

http://competitions.herald.ie/

• Advertisement

How do you guys search for your comps?

Here are few words I use in google.ie to search

'Competition to win'
    'Win a weekend'
    'Win Goodies'
    'Competition Closes'
    'Win tickets to'
    'Win Beauty'
    'win holiday'
    'Great giveaway'
    'win voucher'
    'win one4all'

I then narrow it down to Ireland only pages and 'posted in the last week'

So share your tips if you have any !! :D

When I find a great competition I don't tell anyone so I have a better chance of winning. I still enter all the competitions that you post up here though :D Keep 'em coming folks

Really, well best of luck with your future comps :rolleyes:

When I find a great competition I don't tell anyone so I have a better chance of winning. I still enter all the competitions that you post up here though :D Keep 'em coming folks

well Done wanka street..
    as the last poster stated what comes around goes around..
    KARMA has a way of biting you back when you least expect it..
    enjoy your wins..:rolleyes:...

I can never find comps really, I only ever enter some. I use whats here and on Entertainment.ie and thats about it. Sometimes enter radio comps, Radio nova normally. I never really have much luck in them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement