Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Finmix

THE HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN

We have two pairs of tickets to see THE BIG GAY MUSICAL

Dec 14 at IFI, 8.3Opm
    For a chance to win, e-mail your answer to the question below to life@ metroirelandie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line. With your answer please include your ime, address and a number wher’ou can be contacted between 1 pm and 3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age 18+.

Q. In the musical La Cage Aux Folles, what is the name of Albin’s drag act alias?
    A. Zaza

Experience the magical Christmas atmosphere in New York City - the hustle and bustle of the shopper-filled streets, the beauty of ice skating in Central Park, the elaborate decorations in store windows and, of course, the giant tree at Rockefeller Center!

We want to fly you and a friend to New York with Aer Lingus, with a 3 night stay in the luxurious 4 star Westin New York at Times Square, from Thursday 17th – Sunday 20th December.

http://www.ireland.com/competitions/newyork/?cmpid=emailFN1112

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Finmix wrote: »
    I believe it's "The Good Sister"
    found it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62997926

What is the title of the book Heather wrote about Floyd...?

The prize this month is a Fair City is a Fair City bag.

To enter the competition..
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie
    . Please put Competition No. 6 in the subject line
    . In your email, tell us your answer
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address

Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw

Closing date: Saturday December 5th. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday December 7th.

The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

Thanks for the answer I won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I won a 50" Samsung TV on 2fm this morning, I was the first person they phoned back and had to answer a multiple choice question that I didn't know but won with a lucky guess. There were 2 other people lined up in case I got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

This month we have five copies of 20 years in Carrigstown to give away.

To be in with chance to win a copy answer the following question...

Leo has a daughter, what is her name?

What with it being Christmas we have five copies of the 20 Years in Carrigstown to giveaway.

. Please put Competition No. 7 in the subject line

Closing date: Saturday January 2nd 2010. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday January 4th 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

I don't know the answer to this, although I did spend a bit of time searching google. Can anybody help?

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    I won a 50" Samsung TV on 2fm this morning, I was the first person they phoned back and had to answer a multiple choice question that I didn't know but won with a lucky guess. There were 2 other people lined up in case I got it wrong.

Well done
    it's nice to see so many wins for us compers.

http://www.americanholidays.com/travelaffiliate.php
    Win a holiday in Florida.

jc7 wrote: »
    This month we have five copies of 20 years in Carrigstown to give away.

To be in with chance to win a copy answer the following question...

Leo has a daughter, what is her name?

What with it being Christmas we have five copies of the 20 Years in Carrigstown to giveaway.

. Please put Competition No. 7 in the subject line

Closing date: Saturday January 2nd 2010. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday January 4th 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

I don't know the answer to this, although I did spend a bit of time searching google. Can anybody help?

I think it's Shannon Dowling

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

Hi all,

I had a phone call from the Irish Times yesterday to say I have won 1000 euros for a home/garden makeover. Wahoo!!! I am absolutely thrilled. :):D
    It was won on the competition where you had to text in 5 words you associate with Christmas.

To Deisemum congratulations on your win. You must be absolutely thrilled and a lovely prize for Christmas. The family will be looking forward to using that prize.

In todays Irish Times there is a competition to win an Arcam stereo worth 1200 euros from Cloney Audio. You have to answer 3 questions on the entry form in the paper and send in by post.

There is a competition running with Spin 103 radio to win a Fiat 500. I am not fully sure of the details for this but I think you have to gain a place in the final by listening to the radio and identifying wrecks connected to music?
    I think there is another part of this same competition running in Dundrum Shopping Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

eliza64 wrote: »
    http://xmas.mygillette.co.uk/ladies/
    A chance to see Tiger Woods or Roger Federer.

Only Roger Federer now I take it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its worth mentioning The Last Word on Today FM they have a pretty regular comp which is a simple a,b,c question with a 1000 euro cash prize draw per week.

Useful site - http://www.theprizefinder.com/ a number of comps open of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Prizes are a bit like buses, waiting ages then several come along at the same time. It's been a very lucky weekend for my household :D:D:D

Won the tv yesterday, then last night won christmas lights and this morning hubby got a phonecall to tell him he won a 3G mobile phone in the local GAA draw. Also won 2 boxes of Roses on the scratchcards. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Well done Deisemum, and many more wins to come!

The Clonakilty Hotel, Clonakilty
    The Clonakilty Hotel have offered a fabulous prize to a lucky henparty.ie user!

.....Win two nights away for two people in the luxurious Clonakilty Hotel.
    Prize also includes Dinner on one evening of your choice in the Hotels Restaurant........

What building in Ireland is known as "The Teardrop"?

Email you name and answer to competition@henparty.ie before the 12th January 2010

Answer = The Fastnet Lighthouse is known as The Teardrop of Ireland

Well done, Deisemum. Congratulations. It is lovely to see so many wins on here. I hope there are many more on the way to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Have you received your tickets yet??

got a phone call on Friday morning saying I had won a family pass and that they would e-mail me. Still haven't received an e-mail from them. Anyone else have problems? Maybe might get it monday if they clocked off early for the weekend :P cant remember what site it was to contact them, went back a few pages but couldn't see the post. There were 2 different ones iirc

Metro Weekly Competition:

Win a luxurious Lindor hamper and Mink Hand and Foot spa ‘White Chocolate and Cranberry’ pedicure voucher.

Lindt are delighted to announce that during the month of December, every lucky customer who purchases a special Mink Hand & Foot spa ‘Chocolate Packag& gift voucher set (White Chocolate and Cranberry’ pedicure and Essie ‘Chocolate Kisses’ nail polish - €95) will receive a delicious box of Lindor white chocolate absolutely free. To purchase the special Mink ‘Chocolate Package’ gift voucher package log onto www.mink.ie or go directly to the salons:

To celebrate this fantastic offer, Lindor would like to offer metro readers the chance to win a Lindor hamper and ‘White chocolate and cranberry’ pedicure voucher (total prize value €150).

Mink’s most popular treatment, the ‘White Chocolate and Cranberry Pedicure’, is 75 minutes of pure decadence and the Lindor hamper is the peect way to indulge you and your loved ones this Christmas.

For your change to win a Lindor hamper and Mink ‘White chocolate and cranberry’ pedicure voucher just answer the Iollowing question:

The Mink special ‘Chocolate package’ gif voucher set Will include:
    A) Lindor milk chocolate
    B) Lindor white chocolate
    C) Lindor dark chocolate 1 indor
    Text ICE followed by your answer A, B or C and
    your name to 53133 (Texts cost 60c + Standard Network Charge)
    or email your answer, your name and contact details to ireland.comp@metroireland.ie

THE HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN

We have two pairs of tickets to see JOSH RITTER
    Apr 27, 2010 at the Grand Canal Theatre, 7pm

For a chance to win, e-mail your answer to the question below to metroireland.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line. With
    your answer please include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1 pm and 3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age l8 or over.

Q. To which folk singer-songwriter is Ritter rumoured to be romantically involved?
    A. Dawn Landes (I think)

Metro Weekly Competition:

Win a luxurious Lindor hamper and Mink Hand and Foot spa ‘White Chocolate and Cranberry’ pedicure voucher.

Lindt are delighted to announce that during the month of December, every lucky customer who purchases a special Mink Hand & Foot spa ‘Chocolate Packag& gift voucher set (White Chocolate and Cranberry’ pedicure and Essie ‘Chocolate Kisses’ nail polish - €95) will receive a delicious box of Lindor white chocolate absolutely free. To purchase the special Mink ‘Chocolate Package’ gift voucher package log onto www.mink.ie or go directly to the salons:

To celebrate this fantastic offer, Lindor would like to offer metro readers the chance to win a Lindor hamper and ‘White chocolate and cranberry’ pedicure voucher (total prize value €150).

Mink’s most popular treatment, the ‘White Chocolate and Cranberry Pedicure’, is 75 minutes of pure decadence and the Lindor hamper is the peect way to indulge you and your loved ones this Christmas.

For your change to win a Lindor hamper and Mink ‘White chocolate and cranberry’ pedicure voucher just answer the Iollowing question:

The Mink special ‘Chocolate package’ gif voucher set Will include:
    A) Lindor milk chocolate
    B) Lindor white chocolate
    C) Lindor dark chocolate 1 indor
    Text ICE followed by your answer A, B or C and
    your name to 53133 (Texts cost 60c + Standard Network Charge)
    or email your answer, your name and contact details to ireland.comp@metroireland.ie

Hi All the mail address here should be ireland.comps@metroireland.ie I think. in the Paper they just put ireland.comps@metroire so I assume I have it correct.

Although there will be entries by text here there probably wont be many email entries so we have a better chance then usuall I would think.

• Advertisement

L.S.F wrote: »
    Have you received your tickets yet??

got a phone call on Friday morning saying I had won a family pass and that they would e-mail me. Still haven't received an e-mail from them. Anyone else have problems? Maybe might get it monday if they clocked off early for the weekend :P cant remember what site it was to contact them, went back a few pages but couldn't see the post. There were 2 different ones iirc

I got the same phone call. No email yet either.
    I think it was fundays.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

deisemum wrote: »
    Prizes are a bit like buses, waiting ages then several come along at the same time. It's been a very lucky weekend for my household :D:D:D

Won the tv yesterday, then last night won christmas lights and this morning hubby got a phonecall to tell him he won a 3G mobile phone in the local GAA draw. Also won 2 boxes of Roses on the scratchcards. :D:D:D

Well done Deisemum, fantastic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

eliza64 wrote: »
    http://xmas.mygillette.co.uk/ladies/
    A chance to see Tiger Woods or Roger Federer.

I imagine the Tiger Woods element of this comp is no longer valid :D

Ireland.com have a competition to vote on the best Dublin window displays. There is €1,000 worth of vouchers to be won and you can enter in 6 different categories - the top prize in each category is €150 voucher.

http://www.ireland.com/home/christmaswindows

RTE Fashion Online have a competition to win a fabulous hamper. I'm drooling over it already!

http://www.rte.ie/fashion/competition.html

Warning - it does redirect you to an external site for collating the entrants so don't be surprised if you get a pop-up.

There are a couple new competitions on http://competitions.independent.ie/ - some of them do require a text payment for entry though. The comps include a Mothercare voucher, a gifts.ie hamper & VIP at the Christmas Leopardstown Race Festival.

Also if anyone isn't registered on entertainment.ie I'd highly recommend signing up. There's an amazing competition at the moment in conjunction with KitKat to win a trip to see the Northern Lights.

http://entertainment.ie/pages/KitKatChunky/default.asp

Best of luck to everyone and here's hoping we have another decent win before Santa arrives!

And because I'm on a roll.......

www.irelandsbestmess.ie

Win yourself a cleaner for a year thanks to Plenty. It's definitely one to check with the householder first as you have to upload a picture of your best mess. Is a cleaner for a year really worth it? :D

To celebrate the launch of new KIT KAT® CHUNKY Caramel, delicious fudgey caramel combined with the thick layer of milk chocolate and crispy wafer, we want to send you and a friend on a once in a lifetime adventure with a chance to see the spectacular Northern Lights in Iceland!

This fantastic break includes 3 nights’ accommodation, flights and a SuperJeep Safari with a chance to see the Northern Lights. The excursion will take you through breathtaking terrain of volcanic craters, hot springs and glaciers.

Just answer the question below TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE TO WIN!

To celebrate the launch of new KIT KAT® CHUNKY Caramel, delicious fudgey caramel combined with the thick layer of milk chocolate and crispy wafer, we want to send you and a friend on a once in a lifetime adventure with a chance to see the spectacular Northern Lights in Iceland!

This fantastic break includes 3 nights’ accommodation, flights and a SuperJeep Safari with a chance to see the Northern Lights. The excursion will take you through breathtaking terrain of volcanic craters, hot springs and glaciers.

Just answer the question below TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE TO WIN!

Oops, sorry for reposting the above.. :confused:

Hi Guys, I just had a thought sparked off by the Daily Metro Competition.

I know we are primarily Online Based competitions but I was in the shop today and it occurred to me that a lot of magazines do a competitions and usually advertise it on the cover. So I figure, if you see a mag in the shop doing a competition, have a quick look and get the details and post them here. Don't have to buy the mag right? I mean does it say in the T&Cs that you have to have bought the Mag in question?

So I spotted 2 today.

The RTE Guide, Win a trip to New York.
    Text the following "A" and "you name" to 57000

And Closer, Win
    Win 3k worth of Tesco Vouchers
    email closercomp@closermag.co.uk by midnight 14 Dec 2009 (tonight)
    With your answer, Name and Number.
    Answer = b) Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/competition?cmp=DEC09NMUK

Think the answer is the Farmborough air show ( first option)

• Advertisement

Win a Christmas hamper:
    Entry form in Superquinn store. Answer the question: What day does Christmas day fall on this year and fill in your details and pop it in the box in store for a chance to win a Superquinn hamper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement