Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Finmix

THE HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN

We have five pairs of tickets to see CHRIST DELIVER US! at The Abbey, Wed, 7.3Opm

For a chance to win, e-mail answer to the question below to life@metroherald.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line. With the answer include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1 pm and
    3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age
    18 or over,

Q. Christ Deliver Us! is loosely based on which 19th century play?
    A. Spring Awakening

FIND THE DR. OETKER ROMANTIC RISTORANTE COUPLE

ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL WIN A FANTASTIC TRIP TO THE ITALIAN CITY OF THEIR CHOICE TO THE VALUE OF (1,000

With its unique thin and crispy base and luxurious toppings, Dr. Oetker Ristorante frozen pizza delivers authentic Italian pizzeria taste in the comfort of your own home in just 10 minutes. So even tho you don’t have to go to a pizzeria to enjoy delicious Italian style pizza... you might like togo to Italy to compare it for yourself!
    That’s why all this week, in conjunction with our friends at Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza, we want you to find the Romantic Ristorante Couple. Each morning we’ll be giving you a clue to a Dublin city location so you can find our couple and text in to let us know which flavour Ristorante pizza they are dining on.
    Once you have found the couple, text FOUND plus
    the flavour of today and your name to 53133
    (texts cost 60c • standard network charge).

HINT FOR TODAY: If your near the centre for financial services, keep an eye out!

TERMS & CONDITIONS: THE COMPETITION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT FRIDAy 12TH FEBRUARY AND TI4E WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN AT RANDOM FROM THE ENTDIES RECEIVED. ENTRANTS MUST SE OVER 18 YEARS OLD. USUAL METRO HERALD RULES APPLY. THE &DITORS DECISION IS FINAL. SP. OXYGEN8. HOSPITALITY HOUSE, CUMBEPLAND STREET SOUTH. D2.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER 0818286606

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

There are only 3 entries so far for today's 3 comp on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/flirtwith3?v=app_195552628864&ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I won ticekts to a gig in vicar street tonight, so that was a nice surprise!

Also won tickets to the Lovely bones preview tomorrow night from pigsback in a lottery.

Its a good start to the week to say the least!!

lostdesign wrote: »
    I won ticekts to a gig in vicar street tonight, so that was a nice surprise!

Also won tickets to the Lovely bones preview tomorrow night from pigsback in a lottery.

Its a good start to the week to say the least!!

Well done on the Wins and one from Pigsback, wow, i stopped entering their comps but will start again now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

Well done lostdesign and congratulations in particular on the win from Pigsback. Very few people seem to win anything from them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

I also gave up doing Pigsback a very long time ago. Considering they seem to have loads of prizes monthly I never won anything. Good feedback on that one perhaps if anyone else wins anything from them, let us know. I wont be running back to them too quickly.

You'll find them between the Odeon and St. Stephens Green

Text FOUND plus the flavour of today and your name to 53133

We have two pairs of tickets to see CHIC at TriPod, May 29, 8pm

For a chance to win, e-mail your answer to the question below to Iife@metroherald.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line, With the answer include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1 pm and
    3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age
    18 or over.

Q. Chic are associated with which kind of music?
    A. Disco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

BIM is offering 2 prizes of a delicious seafood meal (to the value of €250 each) in a SEAFOOD CIRCLE restaurant of your choice.

There are 10 runner-up prizes of “From Tide to Table– all you ever wanted to know about seafood - by Georgina Campbell. Packed full of delicious recipes and information on seafood, this publication is supported by BIM.
    http://www.ireland-guide.com/competition/monthly_competition.42.html

Sign up for our e-newsletter - full of ideas and special offers - and you could win one of four amazing breaks! Simply fill in your details on the right, choose your preferred prize break and we'll enter you into our draw.
    http://www.enjoyengland.ie/campaigns/short-breaks/competition.aspx

• Advertisement

RTE Guide

Win a McVities hamper:
    Answer A. Biscuits

Win Corinne Bailey Rae's new album "The Sea"
    Answer:True

Win a Pantene Goodie bag
    Answer: True

Send your postal entries to
    McVities Competition OR Corinne Bailey Rae Competition OR Pantene Competition
    PO Box 1480, RTE, Dublin 4
    Include answer, name, address and contact number .

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

Finmix wrote: »
    You'll find them between the Odeon and St. Stephens Green

Text FOUND plus the flavour of today and your name to 53133
    what is the answer is it a name of a restaurant and do you choose the flavour of the pizza

win tickets to free screening of the lovely bones tomorrow in cineworld
    http://movies.ie/html/article2.aspx?articleid=6737

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

gjc wrote: »
    I also gave up doing Pigsback a very long time ago. Considering they seem to have loads of prizes monthly I never won anything. Good feedback on that one perhaps if anyone else wins anything from them, let us know. I wont be running back to them too quickly.

I've been entering for years and haven't won either yet I've seen one person repeated win, she won 3 good prizes in about as many hours on their pink monday competitions.

fluky1 wrote: »
    what is the answer is it a name of a restaurant and do you choose the flavour of the pizza

I'm afraid I don't know? I assume there are cardboard cut outs or something stuck at different place each day of the week or something. I posted hoping someone would know.

TVNow
    Win a weeks family break at Trabolgan (must be taken before end Oct 2010, excludes July/August)

In what county is Trabolgan holiday village located?

Answer: Co Cork

Answer, name, address and telephone no
    by post to
    TVNow/Trabolgan Competition
    3 Ely Place
    Dublin 2

by text
    Text TVTRABOLGAN with answer, name and address to 53150

Draiocht theatre Blanchardstown "Waiting For Ikea"

We have 2 tickets up for grabs on our FACEBOOK fan page right now for Thursday night!

Chrissie and Jade spend their days in pyjamas; waiting. Waiting for the kettle to boil, waiting for Coronation Street, waiting for the next bit of juicy gossip. Set in the heart of inner city Dublin, where night wear is day wear and bitching is everywhere. Waiting for IKEA uses quick fire wit and old school charm to investigate what lies beneath the surface, what’s behind the bling. A heart-warming story of friendship, family, community and sunbed obsessives.

Waiting for IKEA premiered at the 2007 Dublin Fringe Festival, the first show in the history of the Festival to sell out in advance of opening. It was nominated for The Bewley's Cafe Theatre Award and The Fishamble New Writing Award.

This show contains strong language and adult content.
    Duration: 80 minutes, no interval

‘The script is sharp and laugh-out-loud funny and fringe debutante Sheerin and former fringe ‘Best Actress’ nominee McKevitt clearly belong onstage’. **** Irish Theatre Magazine

Competition on supersavvyme.com
    http://www.supersavvyme.com/febreze/home.aspx

Awaken your senses

The right scents can transport you to rare and exotic places. Which is why Febreze are launching the new Destinations Collection, so you can perfume your home with three gorgeous scents: Thai Orchid, Egyptian Mystique and Caribbean Paradise.

To celebrate the launch, you could win 1 of 3 holidays to one of these fabulous locations, the inspiration for these scents:

Luxor, Egypt
    Explore the famous temples of Luxor, with 7 nights at the four-star Superior Maritim Jolie Ville overlooking the River Nile.

Cuba, the Caribbean
    Enjoy a perfect beach holiday at the secluded four-star Iberostar Daiquiri hotel on the Cayo Guillermo island, off the coast of Cuba.

Thailand
    Phuket, Thailand
    Spend 7 nights enjoying spectacular views at the three-star Superior Cape Panwa Hotel, in a peaceful setting in south east Phuket.

Finmix wrote: »
    Win 7 Nights for 2 in Majorca and 2 runner up prizes of €500 vouchers for alpharooms.com

TELL US WHAT YOUR DREAM HOLIDAY IS AND WIN

*HOW TO ENTER;
    Text ALFIE Followed by your holiday story and your name to 53133 (texts cost 60c & standard network charge) or email your story/pics your name and contact details to ireland.comps@metroherald.ie

TERMS & CONDITiONS: Entries closing date Is the 7th of February 2010 and the winners will be chosen based on the best stories as selected by the judges. Entrants must be over 18 years old. Usual MetroHerald rules apply. The Editor’s decision is final.

SP Oxygen8,
    Hospitality House,
    Cumberiland Street South, D2.
    Customer Service number 0818286606

Just got a call to say my dream holiday will be printed in the paper tomorrow and I'm in the final draw, Thanks finmix - fingers crossed! I'm excited :D

Win sweets with just-eat.ie http://www.just-eat.ie/quiz

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Your chance to win a pair of designer shoes!

http://www.rte.ie/fashion/designershoes.html

Thank you Kerash for posting the competition for movies.ie last night. The screening was today so I am just back from seeing The Lovely Bones!!
    I really enjoyed the film, so many thanks.
    Good luck for tomorrow and for the final in the MetroHerald. I hope a nice prize is on its way to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just received a fairtrade hamper.

Cheers to the orignal poster who put up the comp :)

Just email info@manormills.ie with your name, home town and please advise if you do not wish to recieve our newsletters with great special offer, deals and competitions.

http://www.manormills.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=69

HINT FOR TODAY: Come find them by lower baggot street's biggest bank.

If anyone knows the answer, please post it.

We have five pairs of tickets to see OFF PLAN tomorrow, Project, 8pm

For a chance to win, email your answer to the question below to life@ metroherald.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line. With the answer include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1 pm and 3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age 18 or over.

Q. The Oresteia details the homecoming of Agememnon from where?
    A. Trojan War

Not sure if this already posted, win a stay at Trim Castle hotel

http://www.trimcastlehotel.com/form/competition

http://www.rdstickets.com/index.jsp?p=314&n=326&a=347

Tickets to see Pink and a stay at the 4 seasons for two nights

Win a personal trainer with lyons tea
    http://www.lyonstea.ie/competition/index.html

I found the various sweepstakes through that manormills link on facebook http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests
    I entered the this one
    MEET & GREET TIËSTO IN BANGKOK

Prize Details
    The prize package for the winner:

a “meet & greet” with Tiësto in Bangkok
    free KLM air tickets for two to Bangkok
    concert tickets on February 19th
    a three day stay at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok
    a Samsung ST500 digital camera with double LCD
    a pair of signed Stanton DJ Pro 2000 Headphones

Sweepstakes Ends
    February 11, 2010 @ 11:59 pm (CET)

http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/12107

• Advertisement

Sorry for the long post :)

This time you’ve got a chance to bag yourself a fancy-schmancy Remington i-Light personal light-based hair removal system worth a cool €399!
    So, what does this doofer do? Using IPL, it safely removes hair for a silky smooth feeling that can last for up to 12 weeks. It’s also got a little something called multi-flash mode, which makes it one of the fastest IPL methods of long-lasting hair removal – basically you can keep moving it over your skin as you zap your follicles, you don’t have to do the old ‘point, click and wait’ that you’d normally have to.
    For use on legs, underarms, bikini lines, chests, backs, shoulders and arms, it’s unisex and you can bag one now from Sam McCauley chemists nationwide for a special intro price of €299 – but should you wish to win one, then your chance is located right after the cut.
    THE QUESTION: What’s the intro price for the new i-Light?
    HOW TO ENTER: please send your answer plus your NAME and FULL POSTAL ADDRESS to competitions@beaut.ie. You MUST use the word ‘Remington’ in the subject line for your entry to be valid and included in the draw. We don’t resort to red often so you know we mean bidness!
    ne entry per person; you must have an Irish postal address (north or south); there is no cash alternative and our decision is final. The competition closes at 5pm on Wednesday 17th February 2010; we never share your details with any third party.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement