Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitions (NO ASKING FOR VOTES)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Finmix

Competition March 2010

Where are you? Win a £6,000 holiday on Ischia

Correctly identify the location described in this month's competition
    Once upon a time, this fairy-tale hamlet was home to Benedictine monks. It is believed to date back to 1449, and was revived in the late 19th century when it housed local artisans such as weavers, saddlers and blacksmiths. It is now a listed historic monument. Dry-stone huts with conical roofs are common in this region (as are geese, which are part of the local gastronomic heritage); if you want to take up the tools of traditional stonemasons, you can learn their craft here today.
    The area's picturesque castles and caves have attracted numerous film crews, and the dry-stone huts have made appearances in big-screen adaptations of Sleeping Beauty and Les Misérables. The travails of Victor Hugo's Jean Valjean may have been filmed here, but the region - named after the river that flows through it - is known for its bucolic ambience. Tobacco was once grown abundantly and forests of walnut trees still support the regional economy. One of the most attractive medieval towns in the south-west of the country lies a few miles away, where honey-stone houses and cobbled streets remain virtually untouched by modern life. Where are you?
    TERMS & CONDITIONS
    1. Entries for Condé Nast Traveller's Where Are You? competition can also be sent on a postcard, must state the entrant's full name, address and telephone number, and must correctly identify the place shown in this month's instalment of the Where Are You? competition according to the instructions given in the magazine.
    2. Entries by post should be sent to: Where Are You? competition, Condé Nast Traveller, Vogue House, 1 Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU; entries by e-mail should be sent to compcntraveller@condenast.co.uk. Each month's entry must arrive no later than the last day of the month on that issue's cover. Condé Nast Traveller is not responsible for late, lost or damaged mail or e-mail. Illegible or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible.

Sorry, I do not know the answer to this one.

I think the answer is vichy france but not 100% sure

eliza64 wrote: »
    I am too old for this forum.

Is there an age limit on it or something? :confused:

THE HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN

We have three pairs of tickets to see LYNYRD SKYNYRD Mar 10 at The 02, 6.3Opm
    For a chance to win, e-mail your answer to the question below to life@ metroherald.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line.
    With your answer, please include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1 pm and 3pm. Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age 18+.

Q. Who is the only remaining original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd?
    A. Gary Rossington

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Finmix wrote: »
    Is there an age limit on it or something? :confused:

yes they said they didn't need any more in my age group.
    I was born in 64 as you might guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Another fantastic Competition WIN A FAMILY BREAK IN CARRICK ON SHANNON WHERE YOU CAN ENJOY A TRIP ON THE SHANNON WITH MOON RIVER To be in with a chance to win, simply answer the following question: How many passengers can Moon River carry? Email your answers to info@stpatricksfestival.ie stating your name and answer and placing MOON RIVER in the subject line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭jc77

Win a Chocolate Easter Basket

Closing Date: 22nd March 2010

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

jc77 wrote: »
    Win a Chocolate Easter Basket

Closing Date: 22nd March 2010

Link not working JC

try: www.budget.ie/competition

Answer is: Cabanes du Breuil

The ST550 is available now in black, gold, orange and purple colours.
    For more information, please visit www.samsung.com/ie.

To be in with a chance of winning your own Samsung ST550 camera, simply answer the following question:

How many colours is the Samsung ST550 available in?

E-mail your answer to competitions@teic.ie under the subject ‘Samsung ST550′.

Thanks for posting this Finmix, received an e-mail this morning to say I'd won.

Thanks again!

Win Assassin’s Creed 2 on the Xbox 360

What was the name of the main character from the first Assassin’s Creed?

Answer: Altair

E-mail your answer, along with your name and location, to competitions@teic.ie

Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm on Thursday, 25th February. This competition is only open to Irish residents; employees & associates of Ubisoft & teic.ie cannot apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

The Mayo News | Competitions

Niwel Tsumbu ticket and CD give-away

Monday, 22 February 2010 23:55

We’ve got two tickets to Niwel Tsumbu and the Songs of The Nations in The Linenhall plus four copies of their new album to give away
    Read more...

Jason Byrne Ticket give-away

Monday, 22 February 2010 23:51

MORE TICKETS The Mayo News has two tickets to comedian Jason Byrne at Gateway Leisure, Belmullet, on Saturday night, February 27, to give away
    Read more...

James Kilbane CD give-away

Monday, 22 February 2010 23:45

The Mayo News has five copies of James Kilbane’s new CD ‘Glory and Grace’ to give away to readers

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

gjc wrote: »
    In the car today I spotted a letter box with advertisement posted on the side stating "Win €10 000" in association with One for All. Need to purchase one of these vouchers I think. Did not get the full lowdown on it Im afraid, maybe somebody could expand on this one in the next few days.. May not even be a current competition....hate to send anyone up the garden path. Congrats to all winners well deserved, nice to hear of a bit of cheer for yous.

I saw the same ad in the post office today. The prize seems to be for 10,000 to spend in Debenhams.
    anpost.ie has details on their site about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

2 comps here

Win a littlewoods voucher and dinner in Soho restaurant Dublin

http://www.myhome.ie/competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Check out the town of Canaes de breuille...benedictine monks there at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Your chance to win one of two fabulous family overnight breaks to the theatre

The Ark, A Cultural Centre for Children, and the RTE Guide have a super prize on offer.

Two lucky groups of four (2 adults and 2 children) will each win a very speciai prize. On Saturday, February 27, they will check into The Ailington Hotel Temple Bar in the heart of Dublin City Centre. Known for its warm and friendly welcome, ‘this is an ideal location to stay in one of their beautiful family rooms. Then on Sunday, February 28, make your way to The Tea Room at The Clarence Hotel to sample the new children’s menu and enjoy a sumptuous lunch before you head off to the 4pm performance at The Arlç A Cuftural Centre for Children. The winners will also have a chance for an exdusive meet and greet with Louis Lovett after the performance. Two lucky runners up will win four tickets to the performance of The Girl who Forgot to Sing Badly at The Ark on Sunday, February 2& For more details go to www.ark.ie.

Thanks Finmix for posting the above, I was one of the runners up and won four tickets to the performance on Sunday so looking forward to that!

Also I won tickets to Groove Armada on the Radio a long while back and am going to see them on Friday night.

I also won a book on Easons Fanbook page so it has been a good few weeks!

Hopefully some big wins will come our way soon!!

Dunnes Stores

In association with Jameson film festival
    Fill in a form in store and place in box in store. Prize is a years subscription to Screenclick. Closing date 28th Feb

In assocation with Le Crunch apples. Pick up a leaflet in store. Vote for your favourite drawings on the leaflet and post. Prize: 2 return flights with Air France to France and 750 euros voucher for accomodation. Closing date 29th March

In association with Lily O'Brien chocs. Pick up an entry form in store. Fill in and add a proof of purchase of Gift Wrap Lily O'Brien 190 grms box and post. Prize trip to New York. Closing date 26th Feb

Congratulations to everyone on their prizes. It is lovely to see a few wins. :)

Just won a CD on entertainment.ie yesterday nice little midweek pick me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

THE HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN
    We have three pairs of tickets to see SODOME, MY LOVE Mar 13 at Project Arts Centre, 8pm

For a chance to win, e-mail your answer to the question below to life@metroherald.ie by noon today with ‘Hot Tickets’ in the subject line. With your answer, please include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1pm and 3pm.

Strictly one entry per person; entrants must be age18+.

Q. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with what?

A Fire and brimstone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

http://www.maybelline.co.uk/the-falsies-mascara.aspx

Maybelline giving away 1000 mascaras, enter your details to be included in the draw

Open to ROI

• Advertisement

Lovely prize from Prudence

we have a fabulous prize from the Ice House on offer this week. You'll win one night at this luxe hotel for two people. Arrive and have a glass of bubbly in one of two outdoor hot tubs overlooking the river Moy, followed by a Chill Spa Signature Ritual where warm oil is applied to the skin and massaged into the legs with heated pebbles. Next up is a full-body exfoliation and then you'll be cocooned in heated mud while your senses are awakened with the aromas of a Yon'Ka mini-facial. The next morning you'll be treated to a lazy breakfast in bed, watching the world go by from the comfort of your spa suite with private balcony.

To enter, just send us an email to win@prudence.ie with 'Ice House' in the subject line. Don't forget to give us your full name and address. The winner will be announced in next week's PruZine.

This week marks the launch of Rimmel's
    very first skin-matching foundation, Match Perfection. And to celebrate, our pals at the brand have given us three gorgeous goodie bags to give away. We're always on the quest to find the perfect foundation and Rimmel Match Perfection could be the answer to our prayers. Using new technology, it matches skin tone and texture, blends beautifully and delivers fresh, long-lasting colour. Sure,
    what more could a girl want?

To enter, send us an email to win@prudence.ie with the words 'Match Perfection'
    in the subject line, not forgetting to include your name, address and mobile number.
    Winners will be announced in next week's PruZine and will be contacted for their shade

www.discovernorthernireland.com
    has a competition to win a break in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Can you like the exact page please Carol as I can't find it from your link?

www.discovernorthernireland.com
    has a competition to win a break in Northern Ireland.

www.discovernorthernireland.com/spring/
    I hope this works. The competition is down the left hand side of the page. This competition is unusual. When you click on the comp on the left hand side 3 words come up ,relax ,rejuvenate, refresh I think. You click on the one that best describes the type of holiday you want and then have to drag a shape around each letter.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

www.discovernorthernireland.com/spring/
    I hope this works. The competition is down the left hand side of the page. This competition is unusual. When you click on the comp on the left hand side 3 words come up ,relax ,rejuvenate, refresh I think. You click on the one that best describes the type of holiday you want and then have to drag a shape around each letter.
    Good luck.
    i tried it but it won't let you put your name and email in when you go into refresh it is still setting up game

www.champion.ie/home/extras/competitions/

This will lead you to a competition to win 25,000 with Champion Sports on facebook.
    There are other prizes as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭inishindie

Hi

There's a press release here for more information about the Acupressure Mat that's been given away as a prize.....

• Advertisement

www.ireland.com/competitions/

There are several competitions here.
    The 3 new ones are:
    a trip to New York for Patricks Day. You have to be free to travel out Sunday before and arrive back on Friday after.
    a trip to Dublin from New York for St Patricks Day. Travel out Saturday before , arrive back Thurs after.
    a pass for use on Dublin funfair at St Patricks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement