Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is metal gear solid 4 coming out on the 360

• 15-02-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

i was wondering if MGS4 was going to be on xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'm relucant to say "Not a chance", because who knows, but it's extremely extremely extremely unlikely. MGS is soley tied to PlayStation these days. It's one of the few big killer exclusives they've still got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

alright thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Branoic wrote: »
    I'm relucant to say "Not a chance", because who knows, but it's extremely extremely extremely unlikely. MGS is soley tied to PlayStation these days. It's one of the few big killer exclusives they've still got.

i don't mean to burst your bubble but mgs is not going to be exclusive to ps3 although mgs4 will be but xbox are going to get a completly different mgs gam and that will be exclusive to 360.i did hear that a while ago but things might have changed since then watch this space as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

well there is rumours that if sales aren't reached it will be ported and remember they had metal gear solid 1 on the gamecube after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does it really matter? I could never get into those games. 40 hours of cutscenes with 10 minutes of gameplay* just pisses me off.

*may be an exaggeration. It's nearer 5 minutes of gamplay

• Advertisement

Best games ever. would consider buying a Ps3 just for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

MGS Substance was released on Xbox, so I think MGS will find its way to the 360 eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

humanji wrote: »
    Does it really matter? I could never get into those games. 40 hours of cutscenes with 10 minutes of gameplay* just pisses me off.

Cosign.

Everyone seems to get really excited by the prospect of these games but they've never done it for me. It's being championed as the next standout title for the PS3 which is why I'm in even less rush to get one.

Hideo Kojima received death threats to make this game so they obviously have something good going for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

humanji wrote: »

Might be a valid criticism of MGS 2 but not for MGS 3. After the first hour of gameplay the cutscenes stopped and you were left to play the game with little interruption, it's what made that game so brillaint. Lets hope MGS 4 isn't fantastic gameplay hidden by reams of nonsensical cutscenes and jibberish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

It'd want to come out on the 360, because i'm not forking however much out for a PS3.
    Might have to have a little "chat" with Hideo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Possibly a timed exclusive who knows, Sean just buy a PS3 job done :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MGS2 was good, but the hours of cutscenes about the lalilolalo just confused me. Too much talking, not enough chopping/shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If it came to the 360 it would save me alot.. ive been a fan of the series since MGS1 on the ps1 so ill defo be getting a PS3 if it doesnt come out on the 360!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If MGS3 is anything to go by it won't be ported, but you never know. A times exclusive would prolly be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think MGS will be like Gran Turismo - it'll never move off the playstation. Did anyone play the port of MGS2 on the PC? Worst console port EVER. It refers to the PS2 gamepad in the controls :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Stephen wrote: »
    I think MGS will be like Gran Turismo - it'll never move off the playstation. Did anyone play the port of MGS2 on the PC? Worst console port EVER. It refers to the PS2 gamepad in the controls :eek:

You've obviously never tried the port of RE4 to the PC... now THAT is dire... A shining example of how to make a great game utterly cack

Advertisement