Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL in croke park 2008

• 15-02-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

does anyone know if there will be an NFL game in ireland this year. after the giants and the dolphins in wembley last year i was wondering if anybody heard of something about a game in croke park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

brennaldo wrote: »
    does anyone know if there will be an NFL game in ireland this year. after the giants and the dolphins in wembley last year i was wondering if anybody heard of something about a game in croke park

yeah i think pittsburgh are rumoured to be playing one of there pre season games over here next season and wembley has another game new orleans are playing one of their regular games there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

No it's gonna be a regular season game is what i read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

No it's gonna be a regular season game is what i read.

What's the chances of getting tics for this?

Ah jaysus theyd be very high sein as nothings been announced yet:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

All of the rumours about steelers playing in croker are yet to be confirmed. The first story that ran about it was the GAA saying they have good connections with the steelers owners etc etc. The only NFL game being played outside the US 2008 that has been confirmed is the UK again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Steelers wont be plaing a regular season game in ireland in 2008

How are you so sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

How are you so sure?

Because they've already announced that a game (Chargers @ saints) will be played in London and they won't do 2 international games a year (at least not yet they won't)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

. I thought the Steelers intention was to come over in 2009, not this year.

jdivision wrote: »
    . I thought the Steelers intention was to come over in 2009, not this year.

It couldve been actually,i'll look at this article again.

• Advertisement

It couldve been actually,i'll look at this article again.

Forget about any articles as they are mere specualtion wait until the NFL announce it then you know its real. Sure the speculation around who was playing London in 2007 and now this year was madness teams being named all over the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Tickets go on sale in May to firstly people who have pre-registered with NFLUK.COM then if any left to public. Last years game had 500,000 pre-registered request

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ratoathian

other places will get a regular season game before ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Travis_Bickle

Any update on this? I'm well aware it won't be a regular season game. Unless they bring the American Bowl back, it aint gonna be in Croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

The last two years they annonuced the teams for the Wembley games around Super Bowl time so if a game in Ireland is going to happen in 2009, we'd probably hear about it around the time of Super Bowl XLIII festivities. I can't imagine a regular season NFL game in Ireland not happening in Croker though the new Lansdowne would be a nice place to showcase it but then we'd have to wait until 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Why was this dragged up?! If you want to find out something like this you could just search google...don't have to drag up an old thread! Obvious place to look for this kinda stuff would be on the NFL website!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

kmart6 wrote: »
    Why was this dragged up?! If you want to find out something like this you could just search google...don't have to drag up an old thread! Obvious place to look for this kinda stuff would be on the NFL website!

yes but not if you want to discuss it. don't worrie about it though pal if old threads being dragged up is all you have to worrie about then i envy you.:D on topic though who would people like to see if a game was played here.

Yeah but it seems to stink of lazyness from the poster that dragged it up that he couldn't just look on the NFL website or search google!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i thought the game in croker was supposed to be in 2009 and was goin to be navy v notre dame (i think). im open to correction

definaly dont think its goin to be a pro team

Baneblade wrote: »
    i thought the game in croker was supposed to be in 2009 and was goin to be navy v notre dame (i think). im open to correction

definaly dont think its goin to be a pro team

Going to be neither as the NCAA fixtures are set 12 months in advance for certain games. It will be after 2010 if either an NFL or NCAA game happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tara45

Come on the boys, I'd love this ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 green rover

according to this there is an NCAA football game scheduled fro Dublin on 1st September 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

is there going to be an american football match in croke park soon??:eek:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that in this thread?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

kmart6 wrote: »
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that in this thread?!

YEA, Thats about as crazy as rugby in Croke park;)

Eh...yeah...good one.....!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SCB69

is there going to be an american football match in croke park soon??:eek:

Yeah, well according to this anyway

SCB69 wrote: »

First post how original. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

SCB69 wrote: »

Wow. What a way to mark your first post by posting something as original as that:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement