Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I wish they had more respect for cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

I'd seriously have a go. Sounds like you put alot of time effort into keeping you car as good as you can, so for some eejit to come along and do that is wrong. Some people just dont think of cars as a big deal though. A friend of mine scratches his wheels, adds new scrapes to his car on a daily basis and thinks nothing of it. I stopped fixing them along time ago.

We're in Unit F2 Mick, in the business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do what other BMW drivers do to alleviate that problem, park at an angle.

2093503528_8c7ba0cd98_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do what other BMW drivers do to alleviate that problem, park at an angle.

2093503528_8c7ba0cd98_m.jpg

I actually do it sometimes lol, I park in the middle of 2 spots...
    But I try to avoid this kind of things, just sometimes..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A story that made me smile;

my boss had just bought a new 07 Range Rover, it was siting outside work while the boss was standing on one side of the RR, chatting to a customer, just as a local woman pulled into a free space on the other side of the RR. As they were getting out, her kid (about 12yr) opens the car door by using his two feet and kicking the door open.
    Of course it bangs off the bosses RR enough for him to hear. The mother gets out looks at the dent for a few seconds, locks up her car and proceeds to walk off. The boss shouts at her and she claims she didn't realise the son had done it (lieing b****).
    She got a nice bill for a new door €1200 alone (i think) plus spraying and fitting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

couple of weeks ago a woman reversing out "her much needed" X5 in a car park pulled the back quarter panel off my car. could see it happen on cctv later but couldnt make out the reg of the jeep.
    I still remember her face:mad: some day i will find her:D

Cant stand cars taking up two spaces please dont do it have a habit of blocking ye guys in:D and always ends in a row but well worth it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's nothing unique to Ireland, the most disgustingly dirty cars I've been in were all when I lived in America where people very much 'live' in their cars. You could probably eat for a week on what you'd find in there, and wear different clothes every day.

My car is always filthy outside because I live near the countryside, I washed it on Wednesday then yesterday I took a 20 min run to the supermarket, got stuck behind some kind of slurry lorry that was dropping $hit (literally!) all over the road behind it, including my car. On the basis that I'll be venturing outside over the weekend I see no point in washing it today, it'll be filthy again tomorrow.

I think it's more to do with the type of car (i.e. whether it's a high end one or a banger). Can't say I've seen too many top range cars covered in $hit and looking like a family of oompah loompahs lives in the back.

A lot of your posts are about how aghast you are at how Irish people behave in relation to xyz, can't you just accept the cultural differences and move on? There are idiots everywhere, Ireland and France included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

alias no.9 wrote: »
    In that situation, I'd have either hit the panic button for my alarm and scare the bejebus out of him or if I was feeling brave, gone over and thrown the whole lot on the ground.
    No, just stealthily get into your car then drive off with his stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jayj224

mick.fr wrote: »
    I actually do it sometimes lol, I park in the middle of 2 spots...

I tried that with a car i bought it was a year old black absolutely perfect had it about 4 days and thought dont want it to get scratched just yet so in the car park parked miles away in the middle of 2 spots hundreds of spots nearer the entrance came out to find a car squezed into 1 of the spots i had part taken in an empty car park:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I think the reason that there is a lot of damage done is down to carelessness by people and there is a lot of lazy people about who just couldnt care less, whether it is dirty streets or roads near building sites, having to pull in on a narrow road to let someone pass, too lazy to see if they are driving out of a space without hitting the bumpercorner in front, or even the design of the carpark space in which someone parks a Hummer in a space the size of a smart car and bang, your car door is scratched as you cant get in or out
    .....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

i must be living on a different planet because my car spends it's life in various forms of carpark and I have had no major problems (touch wood).

Yes, the Irish are probably a bit more relaxed about a weekly washing ritual but TBH I think that's a good thing. Washing, waxing, polishing and parking miles away from others in car parks - it's all a bit anal folks...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

well im sick to death of parking my car & coming back to find some git has damaged it.

i saved like mad while driving a banger for3years & bought my new passat last year. had it a month & parked it in a public car park. came back 20 mins max & there was my car with the drivers door & rear door completely buckled & the paint scraped off.
    id parked well away from everyone else & some moron still managed to kill my car. cost over 6k to replace both doors.

then last week, parked in town along the quays.
    was there about an hour. there was an suv in front & he was parked in the last spot, so all he had to do was drive straight ahead, you know?

what did the moron do? only feckn reversed into my car!! buckled the plate obviously with his crow bar & ive had to get the front bumper & grill replaced. of course no cctv.

im telling u, the next time i park anywhere will be under a camera :mad:

i dont care if someones irish or if theyre foreign, people dont care. ive hopped out of my car & screamed at people for slamming their doors onto mine.
    im so careful getting out of my car, never ever ever have i scratched someones door. how have people managed to kill mine at least a million times?? ok, bit of an exag, more like a hundred scratches & door dents.

Never park next to cars with a babyseat as i have a sister with a kid & i know she needs a hell of a lot of space to put her kid in the seat.

but honestly imo the worst offenders are the nonnational women with kids.
    u see them & park as far away as possible. im a girl & they give drivers like me a bad name. its not too difficult to hoover your car once a week? rant over.

oh hang on, theres the neighbours kid playing football against the car...
    !
    if you hear of sumone arrested for childmurder in d15... it wasnt me!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

Tip for people parking their cars on empty car parks and finding their car locked in by another car when coming back:

Spend 2 euro on 2 trolley's and leave the trolley's on the parking spaces on either side of your car. If there are enough other spaces people cannot be bothered to move the trolley's. Sometimes you have to beat them with their own game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pburns wrote: »
    i must be living on a different planet because my car spends it's life in various forms of carpark and I have had no major problems (touch wood).

Yes, the Irish are probably a bit more relaxed about a weekly washing ritual but TBH I think that's a good thing. Washing, waxing, polishing and parking miles away from others in car parks - it's all a bit anal folks...:o
    At last, a voice of sense!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

han68 wrote: »
    Tip for people parking their cars on empty car parks and finding their car locked in by another car when coming back:

Spend 2 euro on 2 trolley's and leave the trolley's on the parking spaces on either side of your car. If there are enough other spaces people cannot be bothered to move the trolley's. Sometimes you have to beat them with their own game ;)

Do you actually do this?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

lol and some kid will come along and be 2euro richer. If you want to do that trick on thje cheap, get a bag of those fake euros (plastic kids one's) they'll work. Seems like an awful lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

A gust a wind comes along...and pow...back to the bodyshop

Advertisement