Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anon posting on PI

Options
  • 15-02-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

HI,
    occasionally I post anonymously on PI, but have noticed that whenever the sentence to be typed is "puss in boots", it'll never work. It always comes up as having typed in the wrong 6-letter/number code, even though that was done ok. I just wait till the sentence to be typed is different, but can be annoying. Am I the only one this happens to?
    JC
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purer.than.you

I have had that issue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I definitly have this issue too.
    I thought it was because I was using Safari on a mac and I'm able to do it Firefox.

But I doubt that's the real reason

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had that problem the other night, only I was trying to search Cooking & Recipes without logging in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If you type "Puss in Boots" it will work, you need to include the opening and closing "

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

HI,
    occasionally I post anonymously on PI, but have noticed that whenever the sentence to be typed is "puss in boots", it'll never work. It always comes up as having typed in the wrong 6-letter/number code, even though that was done ok. I just wait till the sentence to be typed is different, but can be annoying. Am I the only one this happens to?
    JC

I may have had that problem once or twice, but I thought at the time it was something else I've done wrong.

I've definitely been able to search or post using "puss in boots" though, once I realised it had to be exact; CAPS, inverted commas and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purer.than.you

I would never have thought of using the " tbh. Me thinks thats an error so?
    I just hit F5 for the refresh goodness. The function keys are a very underated tool imo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think it may be case sensitive - I did use Puss in Boots for a guest search (i.e. when not logged in) and it worked. I can't remember if I used quotes or not...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can I ask a silly question.

What has"puss in boots" got to do with anything????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

micmclo wrote: »
    I thought it was because I was using Safari on a mac and I'm able to do it Firefox.

Aaah! Ditto!

But then how come any other phrase works? :confused:

Advertisement