Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC text dialer question

• 15-02-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, i recently got this installed. HKC securewatch with a text dialer.
    I believe i am supposed to be able to arm and deactivate the alarm by text?
    Its not in the manual for the panel so anyone know how i do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If it's just a standard text dialler then you can't reset the alarm remotely. You will need the gsm version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

hi, whilst we are chatting about text dialers can i askthe follwoing please.

I have a a HKC system too. Is the anyway to retro fity a text dialer as a ~DIY job -

and is there a text dialer available on the market that is not landline dependant....cos i dont have a landline...
    ie. one that will work through a mobile phone i could place in the attic for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In the info i got from enfield alarms after i hd it fit, where it lists everything they did... for the text dialer it says
    Fit a Text dialer digital communicator unit. This unit can be pre-programmed to text 4 telephone numbers (keyholders only) when the alarm is activated. Also has a facility to switch on and off the alarm system via text and report alarm activation zone events. (has the facility to switch lighting, heating and electric gates remotely).
    So working off the basis that this is correct and is indeed what they fit... anyone have any idea how i would go about using it?
    I can just call up the alarm company im sure.. but its the weekend and wanted to know asap.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Saruman wrote: »
    In the info i got from enfield alarms after i hd it fit, where it lists everything they did... for the text dialer it says

So working off the basis that this is correct and is indeed what they fit... anyone have any idea how i would go about using it?
    I can just call up the alarm company im sure.. but its the weekend and wanted to know asap.

Thanks.

I would say that the description they gave in the quote is wrong.
    It's only the gsm unit that has this facility so you will need the number of the gsm unit in order to send it a text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

I have been looking into the same question as the OP.

HKC have the following websites for information:

Forums: http://www.hkc.ie/toast/toast.asp

The information from their Dialer/sms products are NOT on the website because they are linked with a software product called "smartlink" which is on a secure area of the website. You need to contact HKC customer services to access this.

The smartlink software allows you to control the alarm remotely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

If you do have a GSM unit and not a DMTC then the comands to set and unset the systems is CODE set

Examle: 1111 set
    1111 unset

To get a list of comands send code HELP to the GSM unit!

A quick way to know if you have a gsm unit or not is if the message that you recive is from an liand line number or a mobile!

Land line =DMTC and cant set/unset
    Mobile = can set/uset if the installer has set up the GSM for texting!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi guys i have a hkc alarm fitted with a gsm dialler dats connected to a monitoring station. im wondering can i change the sim card in this unit so i can set it up for txt alerts when d alarm goes off. im aware i may need d engineers code aswell. also i see in a previous thread where its possible to set up for u to txt to arm and disarm can i do this also. any help greatly apprechiated.

Advertisement