Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get free images?

Options
  • 15-02-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for free images not for commerical use just for me.

I know there is http://www.imageafter.com but i was wondering if there was any other sites out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

high res or low res?

www.sxc.hu is great, you have to register
    obviously there's the photosharing sites: flickr etc
    search for free wallpaper sites
    www.deviantart.com

main thing with all of them is to respect copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Yeah SXC.HU is the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

SXC.HU is brilliant, I have to say, and they tend to be high quality too.

Using Flickr for anything apart from pricking around in photoshop is pretty much theft. Just because you're allowed see them, doesn't mean that they are free! I don't mean to come across as a w@nker about it, I just feel very strongly about it, mainly for stories I've heard happening to friends/colleagues of mine regarding well respected magazines/newspapers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i'm just using them for teaching myself stuff. Like matte painting. It's always good to have alot of ref images. They wont be used in any ad's/mags/web designs etc.

I'll check those sites out thanks,
    if you hear of anymore let me know
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

SXC is great alright and their sister site Stockxpert.com has very reasonably priced stock also if you need something better quality - they've both saved my butt on a number of occasions!

• Advertisement
Advertisement