Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Skills .....

Options
  • 15-02-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Does anyone have may good study tips.....
    Thnxs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i cant really tell u anything about the "skills", but one fact that been passed around for years is that if u put a book that u studied under ur pillow before the day of the exam than it might somehow make it all better for u :D

Sounds strange.. but for some reason i always end up with huge piles of books under my pillow every now and again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Yuugib wrote: »
    i cant really tell u anything about the "skills", but one fact that been passed around for years is that if u put a book that u studied under ur pillow before the day of the exam than it might somehow make it all better for u :D

Sounds strange.. but for some reason i always end up with huge piles of books under my pillow every now and again :D

Sounds very eccentric ... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You could start by getting a new notebook (maybe a hardback) - and take all those loose leaf notes you have for a subject, and transcribe them all: saves you the mess of keeping all those notes, tidies everything up, and you've done revision through rewriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

study study study...

first thing dont write out huge things of notes! waste of time, unless you're in 5th year and u have the time but if u start writing notes yourself like, condensing a chapter into 2 pages ur gonna spend 40 minutes at it and be like "huzzah i'm done" when you really haven't done anything

to study
    get a book
    get blank sheets of paper
    recite, outloud what u need to know
    keep on repeating and repeating until you know it off by heart
    then write it out
    do this for 35 mins
    that's called learning :)
    after the 35 mins
    regurgitate everything u've learned in bullet points
    and keep it for reference
    and that's your study
    and there's your notes

That's how I study anyways

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    study study study...

first thing dont write out huge things of notes! waste of time, unless you're in 5th year and u have the time but if u start writing notes yourself like, condensing a chapter into 2 pages ur gonna spend 40 minutes at it and be like "huzzah i'm done" when you really haven't done anything

to study
    get a book
    get blank sheets of paper
    recite, outloud what u need to know
    keep on repeating and repeating until you know it off by heart
    then write it out
    do this for 35 mins
    that's called learning :)
    after the 35 mins
    regurgitate everything u've learned in bullet points
    and keep it for reference
    and that's your study
    and there's your notes

That's how I study anyways

do a test on my self . But yours seems to be more effective of a source for studying . when it come to bullet points etc , thanks for the help :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I'd say speaking out loud would go down a treat in my study hall;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

eoin2nc wrote: »

lol!! shh :D

eoin2nc wrote: »

i didn't mean out loud really.... just saying it to your self :)

Advertisement